1992 YJ Won't Shift Into Gear - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1992 YJ Won't Shift Into Gear

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #16
trabag18
1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah no problem ill check back after my graduation ceremony today see if you have any more questions

trabag18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
fyallm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I started to pour in the fluid and it took maybe 1oz of fluid so I guess it wasn't low. I put the cap back on. pushed the clutch in 3-4 times and tried it again and still nothing. I took the cap off to see where the level was and it was where I had filled it :/
fyallm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
trabag18
1992 YJ Wrangler 

well was the clutch working yet? if it was your a lucky one but keep pushing that clutch itll either start leaking or youll get lucky and the jeep fairies have paid you a visit
Unread 06-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
fyallm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trabag18 View Post
well was the clutch working yet? if it was your a lucky one but keep pushing that clutch itll either start leaking or youll get lucky and the jeep fairies have paid you a visit
Nope, the clutch still wasn't working, turned it on and still nothing.

Is there where I should be looking for the other leak?

Unread 06-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
trabag18
1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah should be coming out right there im confused as to why its not leaking any where. has the level gone down in the MC?
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
fyallm
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think it might be leaking there, maybe a super slow leak
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #22
fyallm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well the jeep fairy has arrived because I just went out again and pumped the clutch after turning it on and now it will go in and out of gear.

I opened the hood and I can't tell if I spilled some of the brake fluid on the MC or not, but it had a little on it, so that could be where my leak is as well. I will try and keep an eye on both the MC and bell housing to see which is leaking (my luck its both)..

I did have another question though. so under the cap there is a rubber almost like nipple looking thing. It isn't attached to the cap but sits between the cap and hole almost like a washer but it is kinda squished, could that be where the leak is happening?
Unread 06-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
trabag18
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah ik they would have a leak somewhere but it's best to replace them at the same time any ways. The rubber thing goes in to the cape wide part first mess around with it you'll get it. So now you should decide will you do the clutch you self or have a shop do it. I'm 17 and iv done it it's not that hard
Unread 06-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #24
trabag18
1992 YJ Wrangler 

And yeah it might cause the leak if it's coming from under the cap
Unread 06-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #25
fyallm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is that rubber piece suppose to be connected to the cap? Also your saying replace what part?

Tags
clutch , gear , shifting issues

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.