1992 jeep yj 4" lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1992 jeep yj 4" lift?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Famekilla

1992 jeep yj 4" lift?

I have a 92 Yj it has a RC 4" lift on it now and it is the hardest riding jeep in the world . So I'm going to replace my leaf springs .I'm looking for the softest riding 4" leaf springs .. What are the softest riding leaf springs? I dont g wheeling much ever . Its realy for me and the wife riding around .

Famekilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Red93yj
2011 JK Wrangler 

Bds or rubicon express.
Red93yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I came in here to say "I swear to god, if you go with a Rough Country lift...". But since that's already taken care of, what he said above. Alcan Springs also makes custom leafs for you, I've been reading a lot of reviews on here and other sites about their springs. Haven't seen a bad one yet.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
Famekilla

I have found Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty and Rubicon Express Standard Leaf Spring. What is the diff on these? witch on will be softer
Famekilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I run the 1454 extreme duty springs up frot and the combination of spring, shock and proper bushing alignment/shackle torque make them good riding springs. There's always an easy way to screw up a spring install.
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Appauldd

Why not just open up the spring bands. They are WAY tight when the lift is new. They do wear in over time, but but can remedy it by opening the bands, drilling holes in them and then putting a bolt with sleeve. Then this gives the springs more room to move.

Don't forget to properly torque the spring eye and shackle bolts.
Appauldd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
kgb_m3
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Don't soft springs usually end up sagging? From what I've been reading and hearing, OME springs ride soft.
kgb_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #8
jackstraw77

I also just had to replace my 4" leaf springs on my 94 YJ when one broke (they've been on there since I bought it). I went with the Rubicon Express. However at the time I didn't have all the cash to plunk down for the shocks too, but I'm ready to buy some now. I don't have experience shopping for shocks for this jeep. The quick response seems to always be Bilsteins on here but I'm trying not to break the bank(just had to buy a new engine for my bike) and maintaining decent street performance is a priority (as much as would be possible with a 4" lift anyway).

Any suggestion (for 4" lifted YJ other than Bilstein), or advice on the max optimal uncompressed/compressed specs I should be looking for?
jackstraw77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.