1992 jeep wrangler maint.reqd. light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1992 jeep wrangler maint.reqd. light

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 11-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #1
bohunk

1992 jeep wrangler maint.reqd. light

I have a 1992 wrangler that has a Maint. Reqd. light on at all times the unit has 84000 miles and I from what my service manual tells me at 82000 it will set this light so that you change the o2 sensor do not have the electrical heating/ac & emissions factory manual which would tell me how to reset light in dash does anyone know this procedure also if any one knows or has one of these manuals would like to purchase it? Thanks

bohunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunk
I have a 1992 wrangler that has a Maint. Reqd. light on at all times the unit has 84000 miles and I from what my service manual tells me at 82000 it will set this light so that you change the o2 sensor do not have the electrical heating/ac & emissions factory manual which would tell me how to reset light in dash does anyone know this procedure also if any one knows or has one of these manuals would like to purchase it? Thanks
Under your dash to the right of your steering column is a small clear plastic box with gears it's the timer just disconnect it or pull it out completely. All it is there for is toget you back to the stealership sop they can pick your pockets. If you have sta emission testing for your sticker they will tell you when your O2 sensor is bad or you CEL will come on. here a picture of it:
http://laybackman.home.comcast.net/timer.jpg
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
bohunk

clear box

Looked for box under dash and did not find it is it hidden behind something?
bohunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looked for box under dash and did not find it is it hidden behind something?
When I found mine it was already "dangling" a bit. Yours is tucked up under the dash by the right side of the steering column. It may be attached by velcro to a flat plate or the lower edge of the dash but it is there.
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:08 PM   #5
Jayeep

Yeha its so they can pick your pocket

I bought a one owner 92 YJ 4.0L HT with 215 000 kms on it. The check engine light was on, and the guy said it had been on since 70 000 kms. The only thing that buddy had done to this Jeep was replace some belts and hoses. Nothing else other than the basic stuff. Never had taken it into the dealer after he purchased it and from what eye saw it was used alot but the body was still in good shape. I sold it with the light on, and the Jeep still had not seen the dealer since 1992. This was in 2004. You hear of all those mysterious things that happen after the Jeep hits the Stealer. Crooks is what they are, they should be charged. I think Jeeps reliability history is bad 1. because the abuse they see [ crazy ] and crooked dealers [ Jeeps are so easy to screw around with ]. It makes you wonder.
Oh yeah, buddy never even changed the fuel pump or filter. Jeep had tons of power but the valves were going, making it sould like a diesel.
Jayeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #6
Wif
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Reset is dealer only (as far as I know). I would either disconnect the timer unit or remove the bulb.
[I]Who's[/I] in front ?

Ridin' topless again .. sweet !!
Wif is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.