1991 Jeep Wrangler Fuse Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1991 Jeep Wrangler Fuse Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
MarkRichmond

1991 Jeep Wrangler Fuse Question

I am having problems with my right rear turn signal. The left works fine. I switched out the bulbs and the right turn rear signal still does not work. After reviewing the diagram in the manual it appears I may need to replace a fuse in the fuse panel - the circular one on the upper right? If so... how do you remove the cover? Does it pop off or turn off? Also, if you think it might be another fuse or something else, please send me your suggestions. I am not a mechanic but surely this should be an easy thing to fix. Thanks for your help!!!

MarkRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Clean the screws that mount the lamp assembly. It supplies ground for the bulb.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
MarkRichmond

Thanks. What would you suggest I clean them with to get a good ground?
MarkRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

A small wire brush. Make sure you clean the light assemly side too. Check the bulb sockets to make sure there is no corrosion on them. Most of the time there is an issue with the lights it is either the screw or the wrong bulb in the socket.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
idskot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Clean the screws that mount the lamp assembly. It supplies ground for the bulb.
This.

I was having an issue with my turn signals, I opened up the lamp assembly and saw a bunch of rust. After a little time with a wire brush, it's all working much better.
idskot is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.