1991 Jeep Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1991 Jeep Wrangler

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
wugambino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

1991 Jeep Wrangler

I'm a college student owning a jeep older than me for two years and i am trying to find out how much it costs to get it sanded and painted. Since most of you gone through this im seeking advice for some of you jeep veterans, so any help?

wugambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Jeepsr4me

27.86 in sanding disks and 40 bucks for that nice paint at Lowes.... You really asked a VERY open question with boundaries to what you really want in the end...
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

You probably want to take this thread over to the Paint and Body Section of the Forums here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f260/

That said, paint and body are something you can probably do yourself. depending upon how dented, rusted, and how many previous coats of paint your jeep has on it, you may be able to sand it down yourself and spray paint it.

How good of a finish do you desire for your Jeep?

What condition is it in now?

How long do you plan on owning your Jeep?

Do you wheel it and dent/scratch it on a regular basis?

If you drag it through hell every month, rattle can it. If you drive mainly on-road and want it to look like a newer car finish - get it professionally done.

My daughter doesn't wheel her jeep hard. Hers went from this:

to this:

and now this:

I did all the "body work" and 1Day did the paint and color sand. Cost me $650 at 1Day and they shot the door jambs, under the hood edges, tailgate jambs. But remember, I stripped the jeep down, prepped it, and they did the rest.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35, Rock sliders, Monsta Daughter&Dad Project Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 Rock-Trac D44/44 lockers, 4" Currie Lift, 1" BL, 33s, hardtop
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't do much prep and went to a guy who does classic cars. Cost me $1600 but it is almost too good for a trail jeep. He painted sanded,clearcoat, sand, more clearcoat. It looks better than new, I almost hate to take it off-road......I'm lying.... I can't wait to take it out, you only feel it with the first hit, after that it's just another ding.
Reno72 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.