1990-95 Wrangler Parking Break Recall - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1990-95 Wrangler Parking Break Recall

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 10-08-2002, 08:34 AM   #16
YBSTUK

i've got the 6 cyl, and i just got my notice yesterday as well, so they're included as well. just a little FYI.

'97 XJ Stock (for now)
YBSTUK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2002, 10:04 AM   #17
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by GHJEEP94YJ
It is only for the Manuel trannys. If you look on the web site it states that it applies to only the manuel 90 - 95 4cycls.
I got my notice today also. I have a appointment to get it done tomarrow at 8:00 am. I schedgules a couple days ago.
That has been up there for a long time now, I was curious if they changed it because now it is an official reacall. I guess I will see if I get a recall notice.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2002, 01:47 PM   #18
southerndawg

I've had the same problem with the emergency brake disengaging because of a faulty spring.
So I call the number. They tell me there is no recall for my vehicle. They say it is based on VIN, not make or model.

95 YJ, 4 banger, stick.
southerndawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2002, 05:37 PM   #19
YJ_90

So they should replace it no questions asked right?

The reason i ask is that my release handle broke off and i have to use a screwdriver to release it.

Do you think they would still replace the assembly?
YJ_90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2002, 08:56 PM   #20
BombThreat

hmm, im going to have to give them a call tmrw. thanks for the heads up!
Unread 10-10-2002, 11:16 PM   #21

1988 YJ - USELESS brake

Yeah, my '88 does that all the time, do I get a free fix, too? Cmon, it's the same assembly - isn't it?
No dang radio!
5420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2002, 10:47 AM   #22
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

is this for euro models to?

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2002, 01:11 PM   #23
YBSTUK

alright, this may sound riduculous, but i just left my jeep at the dealer for the recall fix, and now i'm worried as hell! i'm one for doing all my own work, and not letting anyone else touch my jeep, and i had to leave it in the hands of the damn dealership!! what was i thinking?? if they touch or break anything, i'm gonna kill them! LOL!!

'97 XJ Stock (for now)
YBSTUK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.