1989 YJ Starting Issue? Electrical? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1989 YJ Starting Issue? Electrical?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
yabo71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

1989 YJ Starting Issue? Electrical?

Ok. It a 1989 2.5 5 speed yj. Until last friday it ran fine. I had Tuffy do some welding on the exhaust and every since it will not run. They replaced the computer. Then the fuel pump was not working. I put the new fuel pump in and it now pumps fuel. Only problem it still will not run. As for the electrical now when I touch the brake pedal the hazard lights, radio and gauges go haywire, Also when I turn the headlights on the hazard lights, radio and gauges also go haywire and the headlights them selves do not come on. Any help? Things to check?

yabo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

check all the grounds.. and clean them.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.