1989 YJ Parking Brake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1989 YJ Parking Brake

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 10-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
bashbro
1989 YJ Wrangler 

1989 YJ Parking Brake

Can someone take and post a photo of how the parking brake is supposed to attach to the body? I just took mine off, obviously it has the (2) bolts in the back that go through the firewall but there was a bracket in front, that seemed to attach to the body however it just fell off once I started muscling the assembly around. Is this truly supposed to be welded or secured to the body?

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-2004265/
bashbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
johnpainter
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure my 1990 parking brake did the same thing--there are some tack welds on the side that break off pretty easily. I can't look right now, but I recall that I've just been relying on the remaining bolts in the back and it still works.
johnpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
WNUNEZJR
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think there might be a recall for that. Im not 100% on it
WNUNEZJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.