1989 Jeep Yj Good Investment? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1989 Jeep Yj Good Investment?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 10-18-2002, 08:11 PM   #1
Offroadin_89_YJ

1989 Jeep Yj Good Investment?

I am 16 years old just got my license and im thinking of getting a jeep i see all these guys havin fun offroading and hiving fun in the mud and stuuf like that was just wondering if i should get it or not so far i saw on for $7645.00 Canadian and thats the nicest and cheepest i could find so tell me if i should or not. If not tell me why because your going to have to really convince me not to get one.

Offroadin_89_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2002, 08:22 PM   #2
Dj_Jeep2003_YJ

yes it is a good investment kid

you should go ahead and buy this used jeep
Dj_Jeep2003_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2002, 08:31 PM   #3
AllanAlxndr

A little more information about this Jeep would also help us help you...

*'90 Wrangler*
*4 Banger*
*6" of lift, (4" suspension, 2" body)*
*33" ATs on Outlaw II's*
*Pioneer DEH3500/CD deck*
*1800WATT Amp w/ Custom Box*
*2 - 8" Rockford Fosgate HEs*
*Cobra 18WXSTII w/ 4' Firestik Antenna*

Member of Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
AllanAlxndr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2002, 08:34 PM   #4
Offroadin_89_YJ

no problem... 4.0 litre engine, 200,000 KILOMETERS and 12 inch lift kit. wheels are way to small as is does not look good with 12 inch lift kit and stock wheels.. any other info id be glad to give if needed... got no reason why the previous owner would not change wheel size looks awful as is but that can be changed... nice candy apple red paint with black trim and new sterio.

VERY Soon to come: 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ.

Last edited by Offroadin_89_YJ; 10-18-2002 at 08:38 PM..
Unread 10-18-2002, 08:42 PM   #5
Buzzard

12" lift kit??
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2002, 08:45 PM   #6
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

post a picture of this monster!
12" lift! this i gotta' see.

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2002, 08:46 PM   #7
Offroadin_89_YJ

the guy i might buy from said that previous owner had it lifted high and was only ment to go offroading in the summer but i might lower that a bit then by wheels that fit nicely

soory no pics yet maybe when i get posetition of it i will take some.

Last edited by Offroadin_89_YJ; 10-18-2002 at 08:52 PM..
Unread 10-19-2002, 10:43 AM   #8
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

4.0L engine in an 89 YJ, did it have an engine swap?
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2002, 10:48 AM   #9
Offroadin_89_YJ

no i dont think so... he told me it was all original parts except the lift kit... is this not right is this guy tryin to fool me cause if he is i will move on to another seller...

Unread 10-19-2002, 11:05 AM   #10
UPnOVER

It sounds like they beat the ***** out of it and now trying to sell it. I would walk away. It has a 4.2L w/ carb (not so good) go for a 91' or newer with Fuel Injection. I would not buy this but if you have to have it than get every inch of it checked by a pro and not someone that thinks they know. This sounds like a bad deal but if a pro gives it the OK than it's up to you. Good luck and welcome to the Jeep world. 12 lift on stock????????????? The axles would be toast with 35 or bigger tires and 33 would be look stupid.
[COLOR=red]RED JEEP #6[/COLOR]
91' YJ, D30 EZ, F8.8 locked & 410's, BDS4+" lift, 35" BFG's on 15x8 RC, 8,000lb Ramsey, etc. www. rock-nutz.com
UPnOVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2002, 11:11 AM   #11
Offroadin_89_YJ

thnkx alot man and the 12 inch lift was for an offroading challange in nova scotia canada. he was going to get bigger offroading wheels and tires but then decided that he will buy a 86 wrangler not sure if it was a YJ or TJ, and he just decided to sell it.. theres no doubt about it im going to get a pro take a look at it and see if hes rippin me off,,, and no i do not have to have it right now i do have a "loner" to drive right now a 1997 doge intrepid... but i will keep lookinfg for a better price and better condition if he pro says so...

Unread 10-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #12
UPnOVER

If he made it for a off-road challenge than he beat the *****, Hell and in-between. Do not walk, Run very fast. He has taken everything off that jeep he could to use it for the new rig. I would not waste my money on having someone look at it because I would have to say 12" lift+89' 4.2L+stock= Run away. I would hate to see you get ripped off and this is a rip off. I have been a kid before and have been taken and don't let it happen to you. Buy a 91' or newer and nothing less. You must have it check by someone and not someone that the seller will want you to go to.
[COLOR=red]RED JEEP #6[/COLOR]
91' YJ, D30 EZ, F8.8 locked & 410's, BDS4+" lift, 35" BFG's on 15x8 RC, 8,000lb Ramsey, etc. www. rock-nutz.com
UPnOVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2002, 11:37 AM   #13
Mels95YJ

Quote:
Originally posted by Offroadin_89_YJ
...12 inch lift kit. wheels are way to small as is does not look good with 12 inch lift kit and stock wheels..
12" and stock wheels? What is it? A very big baby stroller??? Sorry, just the image of this is cracking me up.

Mel
Unread 10-19-2002, 11:48 AM   #14
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Offroadin_89_YJ
thnkx alot man and the 12 inch lift was for an offroading challange in nova scotia canada. he was going to get bigger offroading wheels and tires but then decided that he will buy a 86 wrangler not sure if it was a YJ or TJ,
86 Wrangler????

This Jeep story is getting stranger by the minute.
But since you've already taken the handle Offroadin_89_YJ I think you have to buy it now.
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #15
Offroadin_89_YJ

lol yes in essence that basically what it is... and thankx alot UPnOVER for your opinion so ive made a final decision not to purchase this jeep i will consider buying a 91 or earlier... but you must be reminded im not that small of a 16 year old im a husky one do the ninty ones have more space then the 89's? cause if they do the hell with the 89

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.