1989 Jeep Wrangler LED Blinker Fix - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1989 Jeep Wrangler LED Blinker Fix

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
firedog348
1989 YJ Wrangler 

1989 Jeep Wrangler LED Blinker Fix

I am sure that this is not new to everyone, but I just wanted to share what I ran into. I replaced the factory tail lights with some LED's, when I did the blinkers did not work. I asked the local auto parts guys and they didn't have much in the way of help. The problem was that the LED light did not pull enough amps to trigger the the old factory points style flasher relay. I finally purchased an electro mechanical relay and that did the trick. I have an 89 wrangler and the part number for the right flasher is "EL12" or FL32" I hope this may help someone who runs into the same thing.

firedog348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
88blkyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

thanks bud plannin to do this in future
88blkyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.