Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1988 yj build - pics

5K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Marine_Mike 
#1 ·
thought you'd want to see my build up

See less See more
#2 ·
For the love of god man, fix those.

EDIT: fixed for you, go to your photobucket account. Look at the thumbnails of each pic. Below them are 4 lines to click on and they auto copy for you. Click on the fourth line down with the IMG tags. then paste here.

Simple as that.+

#5 ·
thanks rusty, the rocker gaurds are gen-right

#7 ·
thanks i'll try again

#12 ·
started with a rusty 88 sahara, had to replace the frame, and the leaf springs were all rusted and coming apart. t had to weld some new metal into the floor (i think it was a beach jeep), herced everything and coal tar epoxied the frame. threw on some dana 44's from a 1989 grand wagoneer. installed a weber 32/36 and a h.e.i distributor, and nuttered it. as far as paint it's the original sahara color for that year.

#16 ·
VERY nice! That's kinda the same direction my Jeep is heading, though I don't have the rust to deal with.

I'm looking at a set of those same axles. yours don't look that much wider than stock, do you have a lot of backspacing with those rims?

Do the Xenon flares give you much extra clearance? It's hard to tell if you trimmed any metal when installing them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.