1987 yj valve cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1987 yj valve cover

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
MrRaider
1987 YJ Wrangler 

1987 yj valve cover

Hello all

I have a question. Can you flip a 15 bolt valve cover on my wrangler so the cap, breather, and pcv value are reversed? My wrangler had it set up where the rear of the block had just the breather and the front had the oil cap and pcv valve in the front.

Picture one is how my jeep came.

Picture two is how I need it to be.

Would it work if I changed it to match pic 2. The bolts pattern in picture 2 is the only way I can get it to fit.

MrRaider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
MrRaider
1987 YJ Wrangler 

any help would be great
Unread 03-08-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

If it bolts up and holds oil, I don't think it should matter. Adding oil will be harder, just make sure there is no difference between the baffles on the breather and PCV valve holes or just plug the breather and PCV valve into their original holes.

I don't see what this accomplishes though?
Unread 03-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #4
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

No, the valve cover will not reverse. The hole pattern is not symetrical.

Are you saying your oil fill port is in the rear of the engine? I don't know how that could be.

You can reverse the hoses to the PCV and vent locations. Those are the same. Don't know why you would want to.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
MrRaider
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I was looking at it wrong it goes on the way it was supposed to lol my bad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.