1987 Wrangler (What can I do with what I have?) - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1987 Wrangler (What can I do with what I have?)

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #106
dtperk
1988 YJ Wrangler 

OMG - The interior!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltWaterRednek View Post
Other side...
Holy smack that's the cleanest ORIGINAL interior I've ever seen (jealous)

I've resorted to OEM / ebay stuff to get back my 'Spice' interior. Yeah, YJ is Red like yours,with almost brand new BLACK seating/carpet, but she's gonna get shot some shade of green here this summer

(RIP) '82 CJ-7 | AMC 4.2 (.30 Over), T-4 / D300 | D30 Front - LockRight, AMC20 Rear - ARB, Moser Axles / 4.10s | York Air Setup - 2.5 Gal Reserve, QD's Frt/Rr | 2.5" SUA, 1.5" Shackle & .75" Body | 4WDH Glass Tub, Fenders & Hood | Stainless all the way around | 33" BFG MTs
dtperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #107
GrEmLiN
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The 231 is in decent enough shape.

Your original low mile is in better shape obviously so i wouldn't use this as-is unless i were in a bind but its worked fine w NO noise or shavings.

I would only recommend rebuilding before using it as merely a formality.
GrEmLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #108
XxoSPARKSoxX
Free Range Jeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Clean, clean, clean

If I may hijack your thread momentarily....

That is ONE CLEAN LIL' JEEP!!!

As clean or cleaner than my 90 YJ..

I gotta' say...

That Jeep needs NOTHING but a driver...

Take your time..

Get some miles on it..

Use it up as it is for now..

Think about it..

A lot of people underestimate the ability of a bone stock Jeep.

My 90 has literally pulled me out of some AMAZING hardships while she was bone stock.

I also have 3:07 gears, AX15, NP 231.

I run 30x9.50 and still get it on down the highway.

And.... For light trail work... She does just fine..

The OEM CommandTrac is quite capable as it comes.

The test is in your skill on the trail..

I'd just drive that lil' bugger and take my time.

Awesome machine!!

Good Luck and ENJOY it!!!

We are....
Unread 03-28-2014, 05:16 AM   #109
SaltWaterRednek
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Oh I am, every free second I get!

Gremlin, not sure yet exactly what/when I'm gonna do any transfer case mods, but if you want those springs they are yours. I'll let you know when I get them off.
SaltWaterRednek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #110
GrEmLiN
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good brother! I appreciate that very much. Believe me I'm in no hurry-- it's still only 30 degrees outside. The last few times i worked on my YJ it was dead cold out.

I think I've spent more time working on my Jeep in the snow or freezing cold than on nice days.... :-/

Ax15 install, outside in the snow. Heater core, immediately after I installed the trans n tcase by myself and still snowing at 10pm when i finished.

Battery over the winter... Up to my *** cheeks in 3.5ft of snow. Ultimately had to buy a special modern battery charger to save my 7-8yo dying Optima Yellow Top... The Ctek Multi US 7002 i bought was a great deal and really did save a few very deeply discharged batteries. A decade old Duralast red original to my YJ when i bought it was at 6 volts before the charge and wouldnt hold voltage. Fixed it. My optima yellow... Wouldn't crank Jeep or even buzz the ignition buzzer - brought the battery back from the dead.

Anyway shameless plug for Ctek chargers/maintainers. I like my Ctek MUS 7002. What a contrast from what im used to, those old shop chargers you gotta wheel around and they make noises because the fan bearings are shot... They'll cook an optima in a flash, too.

If/when im able to get these stock spring packs, my plan would be to split them up and add in a couple leaves either from my packs or ill find junkyard S10 springs and divi those up.

Adding leaves from S10 packs can give 1-2" of lift over stock, while maintaining near stock ride quality and increased flexibility. Then I'd paint the new packs and go Spring Over Axle with them.

Ohhh i hope i some rich uncle leaves me a ton of money lol
GrEmLiN is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.