1 piece doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1 piece doors

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 12-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
teanybit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

1 piece doors

Just wondering if there is anywhere to get 1 piece doors with roll-down windows available for the YJ? When I got my Jeep, it had a bikini with 2 pc. doors. I hate those sliding windows with a passion! They slide open constantly and don't line up worth a crap for drive thru, the ATM, etc. I'm going to replace the bikini with a new hard top this spring, but I sure would like the 1 pc. doors instead of new uppers.
Thanks for any help!
Lynne

teanybit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

youre nuts, id love to have a set of upper sliders. but you cant pick up a set of full doors
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Craigslist. Look for yj and cj7 doors alike.
Unread 12-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
teanybit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured I'd have to do, Anticanman. Grandboost 98, what I have now are soft doors with sliders-I'll sell ya them (and the bikini, for that matter!) cheap when I get the hard top and halfs, but you'll need one new pane and new hardware cuz the old owner was a cheap somethingorother The one pane is plexiglass, cut to sorta fit, and the latches are gonegone. Plan is the new hardtop, and then an emergency softtop for summertime rides.
Lynne
Unread 12-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well before you get all excited about hardtop doors. What do the door corners look like now? rounded or sort square cut?
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
teanybit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
Well before you get all excited about hardtop doors. What do the door corners look like now? rounded or sort square cut?
Right now they are the squared off soft doors-that's why I'm getting a hard top and hard uppers both. Well, that and because the soft uppers are noisy and let tons of cold air in.
Lynne
Unread 12-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

my soft top uppers with glass sliders are awesome. they seal Very well. the window is almost as big as a full door window. And i can take them apart in the summer, as i dont like door less with my kids in the jeep.
Unread 12-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
Lumpymayo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I love my slider windows too.
Lumpymayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
teanybit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'm really jealous! My upper skins are leaky and loud and I'm grateful that the heater works so well or I'd freeze. I'm sure the setup is really old though just based on the condition of all the vinyl and the lack of hardware on the windows. Final goal is a hard top for winter and emergency soft top in the summer, I think. It's just too damned cold for too long in South Dakota for a year round soft top, IMO. If I still lived down South, I'd likely leave it as-is.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.