Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WK replacement in 2010?

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  ColoradoJeep06 
#1 ·
Seems like there are rumors that the Commander will die in 2010, and it seems like 2010 is the right time for a new Grand Cherokee. I can't believe that we could be 18 months out from a launch, and there seems to be no prototype testing or scuttle butt.

Is the WJ due for replacement in 2010, or is it a 2010 roll out of a 2011 model?

Just trying to plan out my vehicle purcahses...

Thanks

#2 ·
I'm not sure of the timeline but there is talk that the Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango will share a platform. If that is true I imagine the Grand getting bigger and gaining a third row seat.

#4 ·
Currently yes, but that doesn't mean the next generation will be. They may go unibody for weight savings. Of course Cerebus may be making lots of changes for the future and being a private corporation they may keep things under wrap more instead of letting out hints of what they are planning to do.

#5 ·
It'll be a crying shame if they decide to make the GC more like the Durango.:thumbdown: The Durango looks like a minivan with a long nose. Does the world really need another grocery getter??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.