Wish they would make something like this - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Wish they would make something like this

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
keeth1123
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wish they would make something like this

Hello We own an 84 Jeep j-10 Honcho and I was thinking about it the other day after seeing some pictures of the new Jeep truck with the wrangler front end. And I thought it would be very cool to have the front end of a j-10 with a modern style body, Say a truck the size of a dodge 1500 or f-150 But with Jeeps offroad technology and classic looks of a J-10. It should come stock with series axels like it did back then such as the 44 and even D60 Well I was just picturing this and have no artistic or photoshop skills to produce something to look at but what do yall think about this?

keeth1123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
daveyramone
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think all DC would have to do is restyle the Dodge Ram Power Wagon and you'd be set! It's factory equipped with a D60, lockers (f & r) and electric front sway bar discos already so slapping a 7 slot grille on it would result in a truck more in line with Jeep's history than the sad little Compass.
daveyramone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
dygituljunky

Modern Full Size Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeth1123
Hello We own an 84 Jeep j-10 Honcho and I was thinking about it the other day after seeing some pictures of the new Jeep truck with the wrangler front end. And I thought it would be very cool to have the front end of a j-10 with a modern style body, Say a truck the size of a dodge 1500 or f-150 But with Jeeps offroad technology and classic looks of a J-10. It should come stock with series axels like it did back then such as the 44 and even D60 Well I was just picturing this and have no artistic or photoshop skills to produce something to look at but what do yall think about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyramone
I think all DC would have to do is restyle the Dodge Ram Power Wagon and you'd be set! It's factory equipped with a D60, lockers (f & r) and electric front sway bar discos already so slapping a 7 slot grille on it would result in a truck more in line with Jeep's history than the sad little Compass.
When I found this thread, I was actually looking around for an appropriate place to post a similar idea:

In my concept, the NewFSJ would use parts from all over the DCX parts bin. The chassis would be the Dodge Ram 3500 Chassis Cab chassis (or variations), the suspension components would be from the Dodge Power wagon. The headlights and doors would come from the JK Wrangler (more rigs that take the same accessories).

All versions would be 4WD

The grille would have 7 slots in the middle with two pairs of round headlights or headlights and blinkers, reminiscent of the original J-10/M715 grille. The headlights would be the JK Wrangler headlights. The grille would lean back slightly, as on the JK Wrangler, to provide slight aerodynamic benefits and some pedestrian friendliness.
Grille diagram:
oOO|||||||OOo

The hood would have a slight dome in the middle to hearken back to the J-10/M715 hood.

The wheel cuts would be huge angular wheel cuts.

The cab would come in 2 and 4 door versions on the pickup and the SUV variant would come in the 5-door style, much like a bigger version of the current JK Wrangler Unlimited. The top of the cab would be replaceable, like the Wrangler, with hard and soft-top versions. The windshield would flip down in the military heritage style.

The pickup beds would come in drop-side, military-side, and town-side variants. The vehicle would also be available in a Chassis-Cab configuration.

The vehicle would come standard with a range of diesel engines and matching transmissions from the Cummins and Mercedes-Benz stables. So the petrol people won't protest, gasoline engines are optional. (With the modern military spec (described below), the diesel should be the standard.) The transmissions would come with available Power Take Offs.

There should be an option for a 6-speed dual clutch gear box with semi-manual and automatic modes. Semi-manual would allow for manual style gear changes without a clutch pedal. Automatic mode would be like the drive setting on an automatic transmission.

The dually beds would come in military side with wide flares and town-side with wide flares.

The design spec would call for the truck to be a modern M715 with modern conveniences similar to the JK Wranglers. The cab would take the doors and many design cues from the JK Wrangler, simply increasing the scale so that the vehicle is roughly 5.5 inches wider.

The design, if executed properly, would meet or beat the modern CUCV specifications. The vehicle should be designed as if the Jeep Full-Size had kept the CUCV and HMMWV segments of the military market and had the civilian pickup and SUV variants all along. The vehicle should be very tough, overbuilt, and generally unbeatable, as any Jeep should.

Now that I've written the design down, I can go about my chores.

dygituljunky
dygituljunky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
keeth1123
2005 LJ Wrangler 

sounds like youve been thinkin about this alot, i think it would have great sales if they made somethign like we are all talking about though
keeth1123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
daveyramone
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Build the Gladiator concept on the Power Ram chassis and voila: instant FSJ!

So who do I make the check out to?
Canadian Jeep Club Member #2
2005 Jeep TJ Unlimited
daveyramone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.