Why not a Full Time 4x4 WRANGLER - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Why not a Full Time 4x4 WRANGLER

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-09-2009, 06:17 AM   #16
cheapjeeps85
1999 TJ Wrangler 

^x2..................

cheapjeeps85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #17
cheapjeeps85
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i like when some one is riden your a$% in a trail mud hole or hill just pop in in 2wd and spray there truck
cheapjeeps85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 06:23 AM   #18
K9trnr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias94yj View Post
I had a roommate in the 90's from Ohio who would go on about how they got so much more snow in ohio than we get here in east TN and how people here did not know how to drive in the snow. well the first little decent snow we got that year he ended up calling me to come pick him up because he put his car in a ditch. then he went on and on about how we don't plow and salt the roads like they do up there, i don't even think the county owned a slow plow then. when we actually do get snow here I guarantee that a rear wheel drive t-bird would not get out of my driveway. I have got stuck with a front wheel drive.

I don't need full time 4 wheel drive because I adjust my driving to the road conditions but I think one of the best things on the JK rubicon is selectable ABS. I am a firm believer in ABS for onroad but it can get dangerous offroad.

People in Ohio don't know how to drive in the snow any better than folks from East Tennessee, I have lived in both, in Oh. now and it's crazy....ha ha, we had light flurries 2 days ago and you should have seen the accidents pile up...crazy!!

"Things will remain the same until they change"

1995 YJ Wrangler
1989 F350
K9trnr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #19
T-birdJunkie
2002 KJ Liberty 

cwag, you ain't lyin'!
I75 was going what, 30 mph? AND IT WAS DRY!
You should've seen the HURR DURR accident I saw on my road. Made me so annoyed I wanted to poop.
T-birdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #20
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

my jk will go anywhere your cj, tj, or yj will go. and the yj is NOT "balls to the wall", lol, it's loud, slow, and fun. i miss mine, but a race car it isn't.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #21
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

I'd be in line to buy a JK if it had a transfer case with 2WD, 4WD Hi, 4WD Lo, and FullTime 4WD.

I am on the fence about the 3.8 and want to see how the new engine is in 2012(?) but I have found FullTime 4WD very useful in my current Jeep and don't want to lose that feature in a new one.
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #22
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

oh How i love my WJ and it's Select-trac.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #23
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't be interested in a Wrangler with a 242. I don't need more traction in the rain. However, I wish my TJ had ESC, traction control, and ABS like JK's. These features can keep you on the road, and avoid accidents in the rain.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Full time 4wd in a Wrangler? Sounds like a better idea than making a 2wd version.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #25
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

My 4dr Rubi DOES spin the tires and I am on my second set of KM's at 65,000km and as far as cj , yj , tj they are all good just not as ...... Sorry the JK is way ahead .... hands down .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #26
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you can drive in snow in ohio, you can drive in it anywhere. I grew up in Cincinnati and lived in Columbus for 8 yrs. The problem in Ohio is, salt. You see, people in Ohio think that if you melt the snow, then all you have to do is deal with water... much easier. The problem with that is, once night comes and the pressure drops, all that water, freezes. You're really screwed if after the freezing, it snows again on top of that, because no tire can grab hold of snow on top of ice. I drive 30-40mph in stuff out here that is crippling to other motorists. I think snow here is a joke compared to what I dealt with Ohio. Here in COS, they dont use salt, they use ground up rock. This simply gives the effect of studs on tires w/o them. The snow will melt on its own, and as long as there are some rocks on the road, there's never a big problem. Also, I'm fairly certain that COS has about 3 times as many plows and trucks, that Columbus does, the 8th largest city in the country... so a level 3 emergency there, is totally manageable here.
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #27
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernjack View Post
My 4dr Rubi DOES spin the tires and I am on my second set of KM's at 65,000km and as far as cj , yj , tj they are all good just not as ...... Sorry the JK is way ahead .... hands down .
Sway bar disconnects that don't like to get dirty are way ahead?
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #28
shagsjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathkiller View Post
CJ7's had the BW1339 Quadratrac fulltime transfer case as an option from 76 to 79. It's not a well understood t-case and is maligned by the uninformed and those who have never owned one, but is much loved by the people who own them. The fuel economy difference is extremely negligible, especially given that modern JK's don't have disconnecting hubs of any kind and the axles/driveshaft are always turning anyway. The aerodynamics of a brick and very aerodynamically "dirty" undercarriage have a lot more to do with a Jeep's fuel economy than fulltime 4x4 does.
I had a 1978 & 1979 Chief Grand Cherrokee's that both had the BW1339 Quadratrac fulltime transfer's. The 78 was push button, which I broke while rolling over 3 times back down a hillside ( someone thought he could take the hill at an angle after being told you WILL roll it over, Ah to be 19 again and a know it all ) The 79 was shift on the floor and was my DD and weenkend wheeler. Both had 360's in them and were very much fun to drive. I wish I still had them today. However as I was a smarter-than-anyone 19 year old kid , I destroyed both of them and my father had them hauled off. I loved to lock in the hubs throw it into 4H and blast into a muddy pit throwing roster tails of mud from all four tire's. FWIW, a 79 waggy's frame will NOT defeat a large walnut tree, the Tree will win and the BW1339 will sit nicely into the passager's side pushing the seat back afterwards.

I don't understand why they don't bring them back. If not the BW1339's maybe a newer version? I loved the AWD part of my old Jeeps.
Unread 05-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #29
teamskiawa
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Because you can apply more throttle without losing traction since torque is spread between 4 wheels instead of 2.
its called learn to drive like an adult and not a 16 year old thats trying to impress his friends.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

i hope this isnt a major problem if so i hope its cheap
teamskiawa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 06:46 AM   #30
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have to say I wish my TJ had SelecTrac. I love having SelecTrac in my KJ, as having full-time four-wheel drive is great for mixed road conditions where random parts of the roads are dry to ice to snow. Last winter I drove 3,000 miles which included towing a trailer over the Rockies and having that full-time in my KJ was great where I wouldn't want to use the part-time setting.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.