Who's building modern willys overland Jeeps!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Who's building modern willys overland Jeeps!!

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Who's building modern willys overland Jeeps!!

Who has the Rights and now building a modern willys overland YJ Jeeps,with a navistar/international diesel engine,two doors,fiberglass bode with steel chassis,dana or ford axles and clark 5 speed manual transmission ,thats part submarine? Well that would be FORD And its new troller T4 Jeep, Or as Chrysler/Jeep mite say "Troll" . Ford has bought out Troller velculos Especias of Brazil ,Ford has owned part of it for about 3 or 4 years, most likely at first to keep it from competing with Ford Land-rover and to get a big tax break in Brazil, Ford is now putting a lot of money in the Troller brand. check out the troller web site , lot of pictures but all in portuguese at troller.com.br/
Also see youtube.com for troller t4, this is something you want to see.

Now what must Chrysler/Jeep think that Fort is up to with this Troll
Note: Some say the troller is mutch better than jeep wrangler.

Last edited by slow2run; 02-28-2009 at 04:50 PM..
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, those looks pretty darn awesome/capable. But are they better? The new JK is pretty capable right out of the box.

I'm not ashamed to admit.... I hope FORD brings that T4 to the United States. I'd love to test drive one (and read the specs in english) and determine for myself if I'd like a new T4 or a used Jeep TJ as my next Jeep (or Jeep-like) vehicle.

Edit: Here's a little article on it I found in english.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atricle
Troller T4 is a Brazilian SUV that has been sold to some countries when its company was independent. It has been recently bought by Ford, who was seeking for new tax exemptions to increase its production capacity in Brazil. Most fans of T4 have feared its production would be ended up, but Ford apparently is investing in the vehicle's development, as it is clear with the presentation of the 2009 model.

T4 has had small exterior changes, such as a new removable front grille, to make engine repairs easier, as well as a curved windshield (the old one was flat), more resistant and less vulnerable to small rocks. The interior has been extensively revised and uses Ford components, what makes it look a lot like EcoSport from the inside. The only difference is that Troller T4 is a real off-roader, with known 4x4 capability.

The engine is still the 3-litre inline 4-cylindre MWM/International, able to produce 163 bhp at 3,800 rpm and 380 Nm between 1,600 rpm a 2,200 rpm. Prices will most certainly remain the same or be reduced, due to production process improvements and scale benefits.
380 Newton-meters is about 280 ft lbs or torque!

and another short article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Ford operates three factories in Brazil where it has a 12% market share. According to a Detroit News article in July, 20% of Ford's 2005 worldwide profit came from its Brazilian operations. But it looks like hefty competition from the usual suspects (Honda, GM, Toyota) have the Blue Oval looking for new product. Thus it's no surprise that Ford of Brazil is in buyout talks with Brazilian automaker Troller Veiculos Especias, Reuters reported Friday.

Troller was founded in 1997 and with its 500 employees turns out about 100 vehicles a month. The company makes two models, the very Jeep Wrangler-like T4 (shown above) and the Pantanal pickup. Both are powered by a 160 HP, four-cylinder, 3-liter, common rail, International turbo-diesel. No word yet on when the deal might conclude or how much it would be worth.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.

Last edited by Axl Jack; 02-28-2009 at 04:35 PM..
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ford has military model of the troller,Troller t4-m, with jerry cans on the side, reinforced floor for 50 cal MG mound, wire & brush cutter on front, second battery for radio ,snorkel, canvas top,pick & shovel also mounted on side, its profile looks like a WW2 Willys Jeep.
Unread 03-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
ridendirty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The body is fiberglass?
ridendirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

^ Fiberglass sounds like a great thing... and it is on a Corvette. But for an offroading vehicle, I'd rather some solid metal.

A completely fiberglass body.... lets say you bump the nose of the vehicle into a tree. You get out and look.... and everything seems fine. What you don't know is that the shock from impact could have traveled through the vehicle and cracked in the back.

So, it has its benefits and its drawbacks. Its nice to never rust though.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
Lumpymayo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Jack View Post
I would have to drop in a front grill clip from a YJ to drive that. Also get a black front bumper and paint those god awful red flairs.
Lumpymayo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's lame. Pisses me off.

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Looks like some Geo tracker on crack.

Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
need4speedtonka
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hell yeee,Jawa78!!
need4speedtonka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #10
newYJfan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

this thread makes me cry
-- "newYJfan"... whoops, didn't think about a good username
newYJfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #11
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The Jeep wrangler's future has me very worrier, and seeing the troller t4 video on you tube, has help me with my jeep worrier. I now know if chrysler/jeep fail, Ford can build a jeep wrangler and thats importing , because Ford is the only state side company that can buy the jeep brand .

PS: Ford has put $1.2 billion into troller after its purchase.

Last edited by slow2run; 03-06-2009 at 12:16 PM..
Unread 03-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
Mike318_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Jack View Post
I hate it.
"Mike318: Where there's a problem, he's the solution." :rofl::rofl:
Mike318_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #13
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

it looks the old renegade? i think the one with the body kit that came on it.

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
JEEPBUILDER02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

where the craps the roll cage?
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #15
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If they make a steel body model and import it I'm buying that and never looking back.

The Diesel engine is almost enough for me. Hell, the fact that they make a military version makes me happy in the pants.

Chrysler better be ready to put up a fight before Ford blows them outa the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.