Tire Size for 18" wheels...need advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Tire Size for 18" wheels...need advice

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
MidAtlanticJeep

Tire Size for 18" wheels...need advice

I posted this in the JK forum but I am going to add it here...

I have a 2011 wrangler sport with 255/70R18 tires that are 32" and I want to upgrade my wheels to some nice ones.

Should I get 18x9 or 18x8.5 wheels? Does it matter?

I dont want to have them shipped only to find out they wont match my tires, which are newish. Thanks!

Also, does anyone have any good ideas? I like the Black Rock 910B wheels so far.

MidAtlanticJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
BadAsh74
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My advice:

First off this is in the wrong forum...maybe the JK forum.

Also, anything bigger than a 17" diameter or with full chrome and its gonna look like a ghetto ride. A nice 17x9 wheel with a black center and polished lip will look sharp. And tires will be a LOT more reasonably priced as well.
BadAsh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
MidAtlanticJeep

Thanks all - went with 17" black rock wheels per your advice and bought a set of basically new bf mud tires for $400 (set of 5)
MidAtlanticJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.