Rumors of the Grand Wagoneer name returning in 2013 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Rumors of the Grand Wagoneer name returning in 2013

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #31
sail78385
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thats gross. How about you do a rendition with a gold grill and huge chrome wheels cause thats the kind of person that green turd is marketed towards.

Unread 01-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #32
Thrumcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
From Allpar

Here is one persons thought on how it could look.
That's the POS I was talking about. I sincerely hope it looks a lot more like the one I posted.
Thrumcap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #33
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail78385 View Post
Thats gross. How about you do a rendition with a gold grill and huge chrome wheels cause thats the kind of person that green turd is marketed towards.
Not my work. It is one Allpar member's styling idea based on the quote that I posted saying:
Quote:
It looks just like the classic Wagoneer with a bit of Durango styling.
http://www.allpar.com/model/upcoming.html

Funny how so many of us loved the NuKizer concept that will never make it into production but hate the idea of the NuKizer (old full size Jeep styling) look on a production vehicle.
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #34
jkwheels
1978 CJ5 

The wagoneer with wood siding that Chaseb sent looks great. Where did this picture come from? I would thing the front grill would be slanted the other way like all the new jeeps.
jkwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #35
jkwheels
1978 CJ5 

2013 Grand Wagoneer

Buster is right, I really like the looks of the photo Chaseb sent but if the inside and legroom etc is like the Commander no one will spend 25k yet again 50k for it. Has to be big inside with a nice 3rd row seat available.
jkwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #36
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwheels View Post
The wagoneer with wood siding that Chaseb sent looks great. Where did this picture come from? I would think the front grill would be slanted the other way like all the new jeeps.
From the same person that did the quick sketch I posted.

http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.p...25432-suzq044/
Unread 02-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #37
cincyjeeprs

Back in the day, a new XJ could be had for 18-20K nicely equipped. The SJ Grand Wagoneer stickered at 32K by the end of the run in '91. Money is just a number.

It needs the wood.
It needs the bump in the hood line and an homage to the Gladiator grille.
It needs the interior quality of the GC Overland Summit.
It needs the 6.4 Hemi (well, O.K. I'll settle for the 6.1 for the sake of economy).

All I need is a second job.
cincyjeeprs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #38
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

^ I wish I could have a good main job lol. In addition, to what cicny said about the Wagoneer, I say keep moderate costing, add a turbo diesel option. And keep the engineering simple and resilent.

On another note, I wish my Lib had the stock ground clearance of an XJ, butr eal happy with it otherwise
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #39
Hemi-Overland

Those pics are awful! Ugh. I was hoping for a reboot of the commander. We have an 07 overland and love it. If they replace the big jeep with a wagoneer...so be it. But it canNOT have the wood paneling. No one does that anymore because it looks wrong on modern cars (IMO).

Only bad thing about the commander is the size of the wheel wells...tricky to put big rubber on it.

We recently bought a 2011 WK Overland Summit. PLENTY of luxury in it. Feels very solid. Very well put together inside and out. I wouldn't flinch about taking our Overlands off road....but I WOULD hesitate with a BMW, Audi, Mercedes...etc. Jeeps come off the line ready for dirt.
Hemi-Overland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #40
cincyjeeprs

Wood yes/no may get the most controversy. Wood on the '93ZJ didn't look good at all. Although I personally think the concept sketch of the green one truly looks hideous, the one thing I DO like is the wood stripe. Very reminiscent of the '67 Super Wagoneer. Just make it look like that (wood, or no wood in the stripe) and we'll be good. Take a look at this one. http://www.wagoneerworld.com/?id=1000000095
cincyjeeprs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #41
Thrumcap

I vote an emphatic no on the wood paneling. I think the whole "retro" thing is played out and gimmicky. If Jeep wants to gain market share of the premium 7 passenger SUV category, they need to be forward thinking to compete with the likes of Mercedes and Audi. The Grand Cherokee has taken a big step in the right direction in its respective class. Building off the Grand Cherokee formula is a recipe for success for the Grand Wagoneer.
Thrumcap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #42
Lacrosseman21
2007 JK Wrangler 

It's too bad that it would be coming off of the Durango. That thing is just hideous! The best part of that concept is the front end. It from the windshield back looks like every other sub on the road. If they do this they should put more styling into it and make it look like the beast that it once was.
Lacrosseman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #43
IDRIS
2012 JK Wrangler 

Any publicity is good publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPatriot View Post
How many SRTs do you think Jeep sells in a year? Why spend millions and millions in R&D only to sell maybe 5000 of them? Make them between $40k and $50k and you'd get more people to trade in their SUVs to upgrade. Go on the Commander forum and I bet not 5% would trade their Commanders in for a $60k - $70k Wagoneer. I guarantee you won't get Import SUV owners to trade in their Audi/BMW/Benz/Infinity/Lexus/Acura for a Jeep. You have to ask yourself, what market are you trying to sell this vehicle to? You don't produce a vehicle that people go into the showroom floor and say "Nice Jeep, but DAMN it cost some coin................" and walk away.
They don't want to sell the vehicle, they want to sell the IDEA OF THE VEHICLE.

The free marketing they get from the car press, and TV shows (Top Gear, etc.), more than makes up for even a 30-second ad in the middle of the Superbowl. That's why Jaguar Land Rover collapsed all their brands: the ultralux Range Rovers got a down-to-earth utilitarian spin, while the (mechanically-identical) Land Rovers pulled in the sales because of their close association with the Range Rover marque. Same with Jaguar: they all use the same engines, electronics, transmissions, safety systems, and even suspension in some cases.

Market segmentation through marketing. It's a good trick. Been around a while, and it shows no sign of wearing out.
IDRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #44
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

If they create a Grand Wagoneer I would hope it would have some styling cues from the earlier Grand Wagoneers and the Commander in addtion, it would be big for large families. In addtion, of the hemi motor perhaps a Cummins Diesel with the 6 spd tranmission. Wood paneling as option but please no low profile tires with an inch of sidewall on 22" rims. I can't stand seeing that on an SUV it just looks stupid and just limits it's function.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #45
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIS View Post
They don't want to sell the vehicle, they want to sell the IDEA OF THE VEHICLE.

The free marketing they get from the car press, and TV shows (Top Gear, etc.), more than makes up for even a 30-second ad in the middle of the Superbowl. That's why Jaguar Land Rover collapsed all their brands: the ultralux Range Rovers got a down-to-earth utilitarian spin, while the (mechanically-identical) Land Rovers pulled in the sales because of their close association with the Range Rover marque. Same with Jaguar: they all use the same engines, electronics, transmissions, safety systems, and even suspension in some cases.

Market segmentation through marketing. It's a good trick. Been around a while, and it shows no sign of wearing out.
I understand the concept of a halo vehicle, but I sincerely doubt that Jeep will produce a vehicle that it doesn't want to sell a lot of. Especially in this economy and with their past few years of financial history. I think they are making a good decision to have a vehicle in the large size segment, but I think it needs to be offered at a base price point that will make it attractive to a large demographic including those who might consider a mini-van. They can offer option packages to make it a super-luxury vehicle for those who want that, but IMO if they confine it to the top tier of pricing, it will fail. Remember, they couldn't give Commanders away until they slashed prices, and that was before the economy tanked.
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.