Pricing Help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Pricing Help?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
axxegrinder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pricing Help?

Hi Folks,

Hope I'm a) in the right forum and b) can get some advice.

I'm looking at ordering a brand new Wrangler X. I've looked online at invoices (kbb.com and jeepwarehouse.com) and I've come up with some figures I think are fair. My question is your thoughts, I know the dealer keeps ~ 700 in hold back (the car dealers call it the half-back, as in always bet on the half back). I'm not interested in digging into that, but my question is how much over/under invoice should I shoot for? Here's my rig as configured:

Trade in 1998 SE 4cyl 60,000 softtop - kbb list 5200-5900, dealer offers 5300, I think this is fair

New jeep (Invoice Pricing)

Base X - 17, 076
Jeep Green - 132
Automatic - 726
24S - 2094
Infinity+sub - 348
Floor Mats - 26
Side Steps - 348
Destination Charge - 660

That totals to $21,410 invoice for the vehicle itself. Should I shoot for this, or expect more/less? This particular dealer doesn't sell many jeeps, so I'm not anticipating a situation where the demand is high and driving up any pricing. I guess I just need a little advice on negotiating, Jeep warehouses price on this setup is $22,231.

Thanks- Chris

Current Jeep, I think it's kinda neat:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/cjnewman/b...PG?uniq=kv743i

axxegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
Kev M
2012 WK 

Your problem is the trade.

Without a trade you should be able to EASILY get a vehicle FOR INVOICE.

When I was thinking of buying a Compass I was offered invoice MINUS hold-back.

No reason you can't at LEAST get invoice.

However, you're going to take a BATH on any trade.

Typically a couple of thousand less than you could sell it for privately.

K

EDIT - read too fast

Quote:
Trade in 1998 SE 4cyl 60,000 softtop - kbb list 5200-5900, dealer offers 5300, I think this is fair
Are you saying that KBB lists trade-in at 5200-5900? Did you check what it lists for private sale or for sealer sale? That will give you an idea of how much more you could get for it.

BUT, IF you're happy with 5300, then hell I wouldn't worry about it. Selling a vehicle privately CAN be a hassle (though it only took a couple of weeks with my 98 XJ).

Either way, still shoot for AT LEAST invoice on the new Jeep.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #3
axxegrinder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think I'm going to be happy with 5300. Kbb list private party as 7300, but then you are right, could be a hassle to sell, plus I'd have to flip for the few extra bucks in sales tax.

Definately then I won't pay a dime over the invoice listed.

Thanks- Chris
axxegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.