New Jeeps through 2016-Wrangler Refresh and variants in 2016 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > New Jeeps through 2016-Wrangler Refresh and variants in 2016

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #61
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'd love that! Would be sweet!

Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #62
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny-g View Post
I'd love that! Would be sweet!
Check out the Safari top thread by jscherb If Gr8tops ever makes it you can have a world top on an LJ
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #63
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think a long time ago in a galaxy far far away I read about that! He makes a ton of different variants now right? And some company is mass producing them or something? It was sometime last year when i read about that haha
Unread 03-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #64
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah Gr8tops is doing their intial run in March. http://www.gr8tops.com/
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #65
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's awesome. I was so inspired when I read that thread cause it kinda breathes life into the fact that even today people can build amazing stuff and get recognized for it. You don't see that very often anymore with how monopolized some markets tend to get.

*Edit: DAMN $4,100 is a hefty penny to spend on that set up!
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #66
jkrgv

G wagon may be an off road (Lol) vehicle for a pretentious person, myself personally I would sell it and buy two jks. BMW is the only true German auto. Everyone else has cross bred with other Carlines. As for Mercedes they use to sleep with Chrysler and they screwed that up. We will see how the Italians do? So far so good!
jkrgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #67
Barneysjeeppart

2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler edition announced.

Would like to know people's feelings on the announced 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler edition.

While I have always applauded Jeep's efforts to have special editions, I find this disappointing. This jeep is well-equipped but so are other editions and optioned packages. The attempt is stated to be an honorary throwback to the WILLYS MB. The 2004 Willys package did a better job at that. (perhaps the "Wheeler" was added to distinguish '14 from '04). This package appears to be no more than a WILLYS badging on the hood and available in some Call-Of-Duty subdued paint schemes. A check of the Jeep web site reveals that among the color options, there is no green of any sort. Hardly an honor to the original WILLYS MB, or even the M-Series which followed. 2013 Wrangler was available in Commando Green - arguably the closest color to the WWII flat 318 color in a long time. But it was dropped for '14. Some (not all) of Chrysler's decisions across the board leave us scratching our heads and worrying about the future of the very basic Jeep. Why they haven't answered the demand for a convertible Challenger or offer a Chrysler 'Cuda ff. Why in the world they dropped the Dodge name from their pickup truck line - a legacy of honor as strong as the original Jeep! Is Jeep next? What, in fact, are we facing in 2016?
Barneysjeeppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #68
stevedude19
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneysjeeppart View Post
Would like to know people's feelings on the announced 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler edition.

While I have always applauded Jeep's efforts to have special editions, I find this disappointing. This jeep is well-equipped but so are other editions and optioned packages. The attempt is stated to be an honorary throwback to the WILLYS MB. The 2004 Willys package did a better job at that. (perhaps the "Wheeler" was added to distinguish '14 from '04). This package appears to be no more than a WILLYS badging on the hood and available in some Call-Of-Duty subdued paint schemes. A check of the Jeep web site reveals that among the color options, there is no green of any sort. Hardly an honor to the original WILLYS MB, or even the M-Series which followed. 2013 Wrangler was available in Commando Green - arguably the closest color to the WWII flat 318 color in a long time. But it was dropped for '14. Some (not all) of Chrysler's decisions across the board leave us scratching our heads and worrying about the future of the very basic Jeep. Why they haven't answered the demand for a convertible Challenger or offer a Chrysler 'Cuda ff. Why in the world they dropped the Dodge name from their pickup truck line - a legacy of honor as strong as the original Jeep! Is Jeep next? What, in fact, are we facing in 2016?
Very disappointed. They should have saved that name for a pick up wrangler
Unread 11-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #69
barnettd

Singin it's praises

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedude19 View Post
Very disappointed. They should have saved that name for a pick up wrangler
You going to be praising the era of the JK as truly the last of the breed... the next wrangler may not be solid axle.
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #70
blue-coupe
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettd
You going to be praising the era of the JK as truly the last of the breed... the next wrangler may not be solid axle.

Having experienced Death Wobble, I am getting ok with the idea of moving away from the live front axle.
blue-coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #71
barnettd

I drove Army Humvees for many years and I thought the independent suspension on all fours was a good setup... provided a lot of ground clearance but still having a manageable ride height.
Unread 12-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #72
Barneysjeeppart

A small part of my customer base is the M151 series of military Jeeps. I have owned them and have one now, an A2 pictured on the Forum. The early ones (except 1964- Kaiser Jeep) were Ford and the later, AMGeneral (Jeep Corp). Most are familier with the rollover problems caused in part by the independent suspension. The M151A2s improved it some by adding trailing arms and then compromised the improvement with 400#s of ROPS retrofitted to them. The M998and varient Hummers were kinda steroid versions not small enough to rollover as easy. barnettd is right about the ground clearance and they are more comfortable. But I still hate to see Jeep go that route.
Barneysjeeppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #73
totallo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

that prototype they had out a few years ago looked pretty sweet, let's hope they dont ugly it up too much.

Last edited by totallo; 12-06-2013 at 11:52 PM..
totallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #74
barnettd

While there are still some details to be published about the JK Willys it is not accurate to portray it as just some stickers. The rubicon wheels and rock rails are not standard on the base or S package, the rear locker is added, the uconnect system and the recovery kit. In light of the fact that the 6speed manual Willys 2 door starts at $26k and the rubicons are a good $5k more I am not sure I get the criticism.
But the paint scheme is a valid criticism. they need to offer it in Commando Green or some other green, they are completely missing the boat!
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #75
06_footy
1977 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettd View Post
I drove Army Humvees for many years and I thought the independent suspension on all fours was a good setup... provided a lot of ground clearance but still having a manageable ride height.
As a mechanic in the military. The Humvee's are easy to work on and simple. I think Jeep would be making a smart move to produce a independent front/rear suspension vehicle with lockers, nicely sized tires and a diesel option along with a potent but not too powerful V8 in the lineup. In the end I think people who buy jeeps are looking for more low end torque versus high rpm fun.
Stock
06_footy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.