New Jeep based on Fiat Panda in 2011 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > New Jeep based on Fiat Panda in 2011

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #76
bryandhispup
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniataCounty View Post
the problem is our emissions standards are so anti-diesel it is not even funny. Makes it hard to put them in cars (sigh)
VW is building a "clean" diesel why can't chrysler or Fiat, just dont waste my time with a crap car. Put the diesel in a wrangler, DUH!

bryandhispup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 03:35 AM   #77
porta

update

before i upset anyone...i apologise for the following rant....

the panda is an exceptional car, yes its small, yes its underpowered, no its not a jeep, but then....lots of the so called facts (opinions) on here are just plain wrong....

The 4x4 is very good off road, now on my third generation one and want the diesel cross
The ground clearance is better than most, espescially when taken into consideration with the short wheelbase
The engine can be modified, however the suspensions more difficult, but possible
The diesel can conform to your strict regs, with m-jet tech and partical filters
The interior is jazzy, not some bland japjob copy
Fiats do not rust....my how opinions dont change....my friend has/d a cherokee, but was deeply peeved off when the drivers door fell off, electric seats keep jamming them against the wheel and the door trims look like theyve had a grinder and wire wheel on them for a period of 6 months!!!! the car was three years old for gods sake
Fiat electrics are not that bad, and they supply to lots of other manufacturers

################################################## ##
two friends with willys, 1943 and 1949, one with a compass and one looking to replace a dire cherokee....I now have a gaz66...check them out!!
porta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #78
MrAnansi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If it can get it's trail badge, I say welcome to the family.
MrAnansi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #79
98beast
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
My Wrangler is my daily driver. If it became a dedicated trail rig, and I were to get another Jeep for the daily schlep, and it wasn't going to be a Wrangler, I'd look into pretty much anything else, even the Patriot. You may call it "elitist" but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, neither the name-calling nor the purchase. If you want something like a Compass, there are much better vehicles to be had for the price, and if you want a Jeep, there are much better Jeeps to be had and that aren't an eyesore embarrassment.

Calling the Compass a Jeep is like calling Lieberman a Democrat. It may be his claim, and therefore it may be technically true, but it's purely a label to help it sell. If you bought it, fine, but don't be all pissy when people put it down.
hahaha i like you!!!!
98beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #80
Carlos_I
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by porta View Post
before i upset anyone...i apologise for the following rant....

the panda is an exceptional car, yes its small, yes its underpowered, no its not a jeep, but then....lots of the so called facts (opinions) on here are just plain wrong....
I also like the concept of the Panda, from many technical aspects it is unbeatable. All it needs it just a little bit of "roughness" from Jeep, including some interior re-design, seven slot grille and round, Jeep-headlights along with a few other minor exterior enhancements, and we have a winner. Many people on this forum would love to have one after that.

Everybody loves the old predecessors of Wranglers, because they are small, capable and manouverable. Hello? That's exactly what the Panda could offer. Of course with the Fiat 500-style convertible roof and removable / half doors. And with the low-emission diesel engine of course. Why not add a HEMI-option. :-)
Unread 10-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #81
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_I View Post
I also like the concept of the Panda, from many technical aspects it is unbeatable. All it needs it just a little bit of "roughness" from Jeep, including some interior re-design, seven slot grille and round, Jeep-headlights along with a few other minor exterior enhancements, and we have a winner. Many people on this forum would love to have one after that.

Everybody loves the old predecessors of Wranglers, because they are small, capable and manouverable. Hello? That's exactly what the Panda could offer. Of course with the Fiat 500-style convertible roof and removable / half doors. And with the low-emission diesel engine of course. Why not add a HEMI-option. :-)
hemi option panda lol it alone would weigh more than the panda

why not the 2.5 4cyc in them again? that size with a 2.5 would be quick.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #82
corndogduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnansi View Post
If it can get it's trail badge, I say welcome to the family.
x2, if it can make it through the rubicon, its a Jeep
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #83
John-Boy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'd buy one just to drive it like a go-kart!
Unread 10-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #84
Zembonez
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Spooky for sure.

I know it will ruffle a lot of feathers here but in my opinion Jeep strayed from its true form when Crapsler decided to go to the corporate off the shelf V6 in the Wrangler. I'm not saying that the new Wrangler is a POS or anything like that but the brand has certainly been diluted by the changes. The 4.0 inline six and it's inherent torque and "live forever" characteristics are some of what made many of us Jeep fans. Fiat's attempts to reinvent the mark will do nothing but move it further away from what we have all come to love. Sure, they will sell, but old Jeeps are going to be ever more popular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Cadillac
Canada has 4 seasons...Almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction
Zembonez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #85
John-Boy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I got a 4.9L 300ci I-6 from an '85 F-150 just waiting to be plucked.
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #86
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The panda may get a 8 speed trans .
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #87
gratefulneal

my 2 cents is that Fiat should be good for Jeep in the end...just b/c of an infusion of money. I don't think for a second that Fiat wants to screw up Jeep...in my opinion.
i just hated (but understand) when the WJ was the last front and back solid axle Cherokee...nothing against the WK...nothing at all b/c I don't even go rockcrawling...just not for me
the future Jeeps will be interesting for sure...maybe even better b/c of mpg
for me...its a WJ and a 4.0...I'll be able to find them forever and keep 'em running 'til I can't walk myself!
Unread 11-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #88
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i like the panda. if it thinks its good enough for 4x4, it better get used to the Swampers im putting on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2009, 03:16 AM   #89
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
i like the panda. if it thinks its good enough for 4x4, it better get used to the Swampers im putting on it
you just brought it from 60hp to 40hp haha..

Now if they turbo it or add a small diesel be sweet.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #90
Deezelweazel
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I can't believe it. There is someone calling the Panda to be good on off-road. What kind off Offroad we are talking about? Driving up and down the curb? Across a soccer field? Sorry, thats not the way we call it off road!
Its like installing a ARB bumper on a smart- useless?
Has anybody an idea how small a Panda actual is? It's small as a box of matches...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.