New Jeep based on Fiat Panda in 2011 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > New Jeep based on Fiat Panda in 2011

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #46
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
Yep, well, people buy a car that fits their needs, or to just look cool (Hummer owners ). I live on the top of a 1/4 mile long steep unpaved hill. From October to April it's snow and ice, and doesn't get plowed too often. I have a neighbor who drives a Kia Sephia and there was one week that we had almost 2 feet of snow that I had to tow him home with the Subaru, his Kia wouldn't make it up the hill, even with winter tires. I think the G8 is a great high performance sedan, one of the best that Pontiac came up with recently. Since they're killing Pontiac they should re-badge that as Impala SS or some other Chevy legacy sports sedan name. But that's another story and this thread is about Jeeps...
Thats another story and this thread is about jeeps...please tell me more about your Subaru

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #47
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjeeper View Post
If you read the original article all the way, including the comments, you will see that the Jeep/Panda is one man's fantasy and imagination gone wild. I would hope that a Jeep will once again be a Jeep and not just a nameplate on some other product. That seems like Automotive prostitution to me.
THANK YOU...the point I have been trying to make from the beginning, now the rest of you italian pole smoking mini lovers read what this man just wrote, and then go back into a real jeep thread.

I swear, I could put the Jeep badge on a Hyundai Elantra and you all would find some way to love it as if it werent a *ucking Elantra
Unread 06-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #48
GoinCoastal

From Top Gear, "The 1.2-litre 4x4 takes a full 20 seconds to get to 60mph and the 100HP half that." Ouch!

If they can bring in under $12K it could be kind of modern day Suzuki Samurai.
GoinCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #49
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
please tell me more about your Subaru
More on it and my move to Alaska here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...-alaska-39513/

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #50
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
More on it and my move to Alaska here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...-alaska-39513/
Pretty cool, Alaska is beautiful...thanks for your service in our military. My brother recently returned from Afghanistan, though he is not Army. USAF NCO of the year in comm last year actually, but he runs with a bunch of army rangers as their comm guy. He is in HALO school now...cool ****, I have lots of respect for you guys
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #51
Slickfifty11
2002 TJ Wrangler 

this is such a gay car i wood never refer it to a jeep but fiat i herd only owns like 20% of chrysler ill stick to my tj
Slickfifty11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #52
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Spell check and proper punctuation are your friends, man!

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #53
bnther36

Quote:
That would be an awesome trip. To be honest I'm a little jealous.

To the Jeep driving members:
Just out of curiosity are there any Jeep clubs that do this kind of trip? I'd love to see some pics.
bnther36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #54
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaJeep View Post
Well, I guess I'm an elitist Wrangler jerk because I don't want to buy an ugly re-badged Dodge trying to be passed off as a Jeep.

I own 1 Jeep, you own 4- who's the elitist?
Edited till I can make sense of it sorry was tired when I posted it.

Last edited by Jawa78; 06-22-2009 at 11:41 PM..
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #55
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
Hmm I own four because I love jeeps in all shapes and sizes. All see some kind of weekly use. Except the M38 she still a little rough around the edges. As I am having to to shop around find some of the parts to get her 100 % again. Example I just had to pull a exhauster header another m38 i found to have a quite jeep. seats are out being re padded and covered. and I slowly work at sand blasting it all down for a quick coat of primer.

But no each one is special and each one I would take offsense to someone insulting.
I have stared at this post for approximately 6 minutes and I am still having trouble understanding the message you have attempted to convey...
Unread 06-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #56
ChillyWillys
2008 MK Patriot 

YJPirate said: “Looks like an embarrassment to the Jeep name.”

I couldn’t agree more. But if you think that’s bad, I saw a picture of one in the Parts Dept. of my Jeep dealer about a month ago that had no top and looked more like a sports car than a Jeep. Now THAT was an embarrassment! I wish I could find a picture of it. I sure hope they never make it.

As for the Compass and Patriot “Going away” as Firekite said, my dealer said something about that when I bought mine. He said the reason was that the company felt they never caught on enough. I guess time will tell. If it stays or if it goes, I’m still happy I bought mine!

CW
ChillyWillys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #57
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I wonder what the Abarth version of that would look like? Unfortunatly I dont think anything badged with Abarth had over 2" ground clearance.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #58
ncarr
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Least it keeps up the Jeep performance standard:

PERFORMANCE

0 to 60 MPH (secs) • 15
Top speed (MPH) • 93
ncarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #59
marinefreak200
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
Go take your elitist attitude and shove it where my hi-beams dont shine

My compass is my street jeep. it is the 4th jeep I have owned and I am sorry to say that I even own a TJ because I dont want to be associated with wrangler jerks like you.

I love all 4 of my jeeps the same if I could afford it I buy a 5th but insurance on 4 is steep enough .
Seriously, the compass is not that great. I know they are street rides, but when someone says "Jeep" most people probably think about the newer years now. The only think they make good nowadays is the wrangler and maybe the liberty. Everything I see on the newer models are plastic now. The good days where everything was solid seems to be gone...
marinefreak200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #60
JeepCreep117
1996 ZJ 

Don't like the panda but Jeep NEEDS a small 4x4. Something with a 4 cylinder and knobbly tires close to the front and rear. Like the WILLIES.

THE JEEP COMPASS SUCKS!!11
BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
JeepCreep117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.