New Jeep based on Fiat Panda in 2011 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > New Jeep based on Fiat Panda in 2011

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #16
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

I find nothing wrong with Wranglers they are great jeeps. now a small percentage of there drivers feel that unless your jeep says wrangler on it is a joke or a soccermom mobile.

1. Not all jeeps have to conform to one style, the History of jeep having non traditional vechiles have been around such as the orginal jeepster just as an example and the jeep station wagon. The compass is no different it has it niche it unfornate that it will not make it multiple model series run and that the MK compass will never see ML

2. I dont understand the logic of mentioning the Pat over a compass. only key difference is body. But underneath it all the same. So really body style is a user preference not a reason to say something is inferior because it not built box . Pats are nice but my choice was the compass it was the only jeep that was part of the 2008 model year that stood out. but guts wise they are identical to a pat so i dont see why you consider a pat over a compass unless it strickly for body design.

3. These are the jerks as i call them are the same ones that laugh at my wj calling it a mall crawler till they get stuck and here I am with tow cables to pull them out with my v8.

the idea for the mk line was not a bad one . I do feel there were things they should of realized and corrected but cough cough all plastic interior cough cough . But over all it been the best daily driver I have ever own with the jeep name on it.

Go pick on a hummer owner some where leave the crossover alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
My Wrangler is my daily driver. If it became a dedicated trail rig, and I were to get another Jeep for the daily schlep, and it wasn't going to be a Wrangler, I'd look into pretty much anything else, even the Patriot. You may call it "elitist" but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, neither the name-calling nor the purchase. If you want something like a Compass, there are much better vehicles to be had for the price, and if you want a Jeep, there are much better Jeeps to be had and that aren't an eyesore embarrassment.

Calling the Compass a Jeep is like calling Lieberman a Democrat. It may be his claim, and therefore it may be technically true, but it's purely a label to help it sell. If you bought it, fine, but don't be all pissy when people put it down.

Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #17
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
I find nothing wrong with Wranglers they are great jeeps. now a small percentage of there drivers feel that unless your jeep says wrangler on it is a joke or a soccermom mobile.
Really? Like who? I haven't seen any of that here. Distaste for the Compass (and Patriot) is not the same thing as "If it doesn't say Wrangler it's not a Jeep" or whatever ridiculousness you're inventing.

Quote:
1. Not all jeeps have to conform to one style, the History of jeep having non traditional vechiles have been around such as the orginal jeepster just as an example and the jeep station wagon. The compass is no different
Non-traditional? What about the Compass is non-traditional? It's exactly the same kind of automotive dreck that lines so many once-proud dealership. It's not good at anything, and it holds no real characteristic that would identify it as a Jeep. If you slapped a Kia badge on it, people wouldn't buy it, because even Kia offers better cars.

Quote:
2. I dont understand the logic of mentioning the Pat over a compass. only key difference is body.
Thus why it would be a last resort. At least it kind of resembles a Jeep, or at least a Scion's kid it had after being ****ed by a Jeep.

Quote:
3. These are the jerks as i call them are the same ones that laugh at my wj calling it a mall crawler till they get stuck and here I am with tow cables to pull them out with my v8.
Yes, it's obvious that you're bitter, and you're overly touchy as a result and are thus passionate about defending your choice, but sorry, it's not really going to change anything.

I pick on Hummer owners in a light-hearted fashion, but I'm pretty sure the most glammed-up H3 is more of a Jeep than the Compass.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
iananderson17
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thus why it would be a last resort. At least it kind of resembles a Jeep, or at least a Scion's kid it had after being ****ed by a Jeep.
tisk tisk. Completely wrong. A real Jeep would Never! stoop that low.
Show that to your dad !!
iananderson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #19
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

No I dont invent. I simply witness. There are owners wrangler owners out there ( not all of them, hell not even most of them I would say out o the ones I have meet 1 out of 5 that feel everything else is a disgrace as they are call mall crawlers . )

1. If it had a kia badge i would not even looked at it. I keep my auto dollar at jeep brand. If jeep release a 2 door sports coupe I would at least look at it those it would be a little wierd. I bought mine because it was diferent and I liked the front view of it. .

2. Yes I tend to be bitter about people who attack my jeep be it my WJ, MK, TJ, M38... Though i never been made fun of for the last too.

Quote:
Really? Like who? I haven't seen any of that here. Distaste for the Compass (and Patriot) is not the same thing as "If it doesn't say Wrangler it's not a Jeep" or whatever ridiculousness you're inventing.

Non-traditional? What about the Compass is non-traditional? It's exactly the same kind of automotive dreck that lines so many once-proud dealership. It's not good at anything, and it holds no real characteristic that would identify it as a Jeep. If you slapped a Kia badge on it, people wouldn't buy it, because even Kia offers better cars.

Yes, it's obvious that you're bitter, and you're overly touchy as a result and are thus passionate about defending your choice, but sorry, it's not really going to change anything.

I pick on Hummer owners in a light-hearted fashion, but I'm pretty sure the most glammed-up H3 is more of a Jeep than the Compass.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #20
-Zona-

Quote:
Go take your elitist attitude and shove it where my hi-beams dont shine

My compass is my street jeep. it is the 4th jeep I have owned and I am sorry to say that I even own a TJ because I dont want to be associated with wrangler jerks like you.

I love all 4 of my jeeps the same if I could afford it I buy a 5th but insurance on 4 is steep enough .
Well, I guess I'm an elitist Wrangler jerk because I don't want to buy an ugly re-badged Dodge trying to be passed off as a Jeep.

I own 1 Jeep, you own 4- who's the elitist?
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #21
1984XJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Cherokee FOR THE WIN!!!
_(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)

Daily Driver Jeep #16
Utah Jeep'n
1984XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #22
bigguido

well back on topic...I like the fiat/jeep panda/phoenix...I've seen videos of them off-road and they are really decent for what they are, plus the mileage would be awesome for a daily driver. I would consider one with the jeep name...then again I'm biased, we've owned 10 jeeps and were Italian...GRAZIE FIAT
bigguido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:10 AM   #23
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, yeah, I'll be interested to see how that turns out.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #24
RUNIT
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Everything that has the "Jeep" name on it that doesn't allow the removal of the top and doors is just a "rebadged something"....IMO.

Now, on topic, if I had a choice between the Italian Panda and the Japanese Compass, I would pass on both. A "Jeep" Panda would still be an Italian auto that will be, most likely, built in the same factory that the Compass is (for now).

I'm all about standing behind American design and engineering. To me, it doesn't really matter what "badge" it has. Give me a strong auto with the style, function and features I want. You can call it whatever you want to call it and build it wherever you need to build it.

This is a global industry. Most American cars are built with import parts now, anyway, so what does it matter anymore?? I'm going to hold onto my Jeep as long as I can for this exact reason. Everything else is just a car.
RUNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #25
corndogduff

I'll be buying a Jeep Panda when it comes... FIAT Panda's are awesome little cars
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #26
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
I like how everyone and their pet dog who has no idea what anyone inside of Chrysler and Fiat is thinking still has an opinion on what kinds of products are going to be produced.
agreed...though I did find the article mildly entertaining:

"This is not just a paper 4x4. It can tackle angles that would leave a Jeep Patriot gasping." Need there be anymore said? ha ha ha.

But really, the review on this car that does not exist has to be someones idea of a joke, if you actually read it, you will have yourself a good chuckle...
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #27
RUNIT
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post

But really, the review on this car that does not exist has to be someones idea of a joke, if you actually read it, you will have yourself a good chuckle...
It does exist, just not here in the U.S., yet. Thanks to Chrysler not having enough money to design and manufacture there own tech anymore, Fiat will offer most of the new engines (and maybe vehicles to sell at their "new dealership partners")for a bit.

It's only a guess at this point, what we, in the U.S., will get from Fiat and how long it will take.
Unread 06-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #28
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNIT View Post
It does exist, just not here in the U.S., yet. Thanks to Chrysler not having enough money to design and manufacture there own tech anymore, Fiat will offer most of the new engines (and maybe vehicles to sell at their "new dealership partners")for a bit.

It's only a guess at this point, what we, in the U.S., will get from Fiat and how long it will take.
I understand that the Fiat Panda exists, but not as the re-badged Pheonix (or am I mistaken here and there are Jeep Pheonix running around in other countries?)
Unread 06-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #29
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

one way or the other, I could care less to sit and talk about what Fiat has or has not done and when they will or will not bring what they have or have not done...
Unread 06-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #30
RUNIT
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
one way or the other, I could care less to sit and talk about what Fiat has or has not done and when they will or will not bring what they have or have not done...
not to argue, but this is the "Future Models...Discussion"/ "Fiat Panda" thread.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.