new 4.2 liter Cummins diesel coming to the Jeep line!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > new 4.2 liter Cummins diesel coming to the Jeep line!!!

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #31
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

they'd have to do a D60 in the back and a D44 in the front. and even those would concern me when people start beating on them. isn't it pretty tough to snap a 44 on 31's?

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #32
texascj77

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeksjeep
ok so if we got a jk with almost 400lb ft of torque are they going to keep the dana 44 in it? 400lb ft of torque with one idiot would tear the rear end to shreds. and with that new lifetime warrenty does anyone know if they do put the 4.2 diesel in it or w/e then are they gona upgrade the drivetrain????

Where did the400lb/ft number come from?
texascj77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #33
Roughneck
2006 LJ Wrangler 

posted by pdxbubba...
The V6 had a Durango for its testbed and delivered 270 hp and 420 lb-ft with 22.1 mpg...

I think the D44 axles would be fine on stock 31's with a TD motor. If someone put really big tires on their Jeep, it might break. But if an axle breaks because someone modified their suspension and tires, the warranty doesn't cover it now anyway.

Last edited by Roughneck; 09-16-2007 at 08:24 AM..
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #34
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

meh, true.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:21 AM   #35
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba
...after picking my jaw up off the ground, I figured it was pointless to keep talking to this guy so I just kept looking and stopped asking him anything harder than color combos.
And that's surprising??

I stopped at a dealer when I was thinking about buying a 4-door JK and the salesboy, who looked like he wasn't a day over 15, wasn't even sure how to get it into 4WD. But he knew I could get it in black!

But a 4-door, unlimited diesel, or better yet, a diesel Jeep truck, dually maybe....

now that would be interesting
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #36
Power5
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego
And that's surprising??

But a 4-door, unlimited diesel, or better yet, a diesel Jeep truck, dually maybe....

now that would be interesting
Yeah, with all the Cadillac and Lincoln trucks on the road now, It would be nice to see a Dodge 1500 or Dakota with Jeep skin on it. I would buy one.
Unread 12-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #37
TXZJ1kweer
1998 ZJ 

Finally, i'll be able to get my "DIESEL" tatoo...
TXZJ1kweer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #38
jsmorris
Director of Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrefining
The 2.8 CRD being offered for export models is the same VM Motori engine which was available in the '05-'06 Liberty. It can't meet the '07 emissions standards in the States. That's why it's no longer in the Liberty.
Wrong. The Liberty diesel was cut for 2007 because they were not selling enough gasoline Liberties and they consumed too many emissions credits.

'89 Grand Wagoneer
jsmorris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 04:11 AM   #39
mark.stewart
2012 JK Wrangler 

CNN did a 15 minute piece today on how $70,000 SUV's are rusting out at $30,000 with the soaring fuel costs.

Last edited by mark.stewart; 05-24-2008 at 04:40 AM..
mark.stewart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 04:15 AM   #40
mark.stewart
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba View Post
We're doing 70 mpg with our Liberty CRD Bio. This is acceptable consumer energy policy. 22.1 mpg seems destined to rust in the dealer lot. Did they pull some out of old crates? You must have got your fuel consumption wrong, Bubba. We just keep seeing more and more imports hogging the road. Pretty soon the BMW parts are going to be 25 percent what we pay for Mopar. You can't be serious!

Last edited by mark.stewart; 05-24-2008 at 05:19 AM..
Unread 05-24-2008, 04:34 AM   #41
mark.stewart
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba View Post
Nope! I can't see a product manufacturer would be so out-of-touch. Especially not the one that built our fine vehicle. Like hey folks, I'm no politician, but Bush is outta there! However red or blue their coat-tails, folks they just quite buying American Guzzlers.

Last edited by mark.stewart; 05-24-2008 at 05:18 AM..
Unread 05-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #42
mark.stewart
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmorris View Post
Wrong. The Liberty diesel was cut for 2007 because they were not selling enough gasoline Liberties and they consumed too many emissions credits.
WRONG! Our fuel economy is excellent. And if you can smell the tail pipe she's sweet. They went out of production because the I-Ties that build that Euro Bio Diesel don't do biz with the Big C no more. 70 mpg says your take on jsmorris affairs needs some Indian refining. My great GM was a Cree, if that's any help.
Unread 05-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #43
FlexdXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah we are gearing up at Cummins for the launch of the LDD. They are building the new lines as we speak. I am at the fuel system plant that has nothing to do with the LDD but i want a diesel wrangler to be built in my lifetime.
Unread 05-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #44
FlexdXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.stewart View Post
We're doing 70 mpg with our Liberty CRD Bio. This is acceptable consumer energy policy. 22.1 mpg seems destined to rust in the dealer lot. Did they pull some out of old crates? You must have got your fuel consumption wrong, Bubba. We just keep seeing more and more imports hogging the road. Pretty soon the BMW parts are going to be 25 percent what we pay for Mopar. You can't be serious!

70 mpg. How may i ask are you doing that.
Unread 05-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #45
slate210
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmorris View Post
Nope, you're wrong. New Tier 2 Bin 5 Emissions standards grounded virtually every light duty diesel in the country due to emissions. Hell, even VW didn't have a diesel this year.
1997 TJ 4.0 5-SP 134k mi. Red Jeep Club Member #450 - Some mods...
NJJA - New Jersey Jeep Association

2006 VW Jetta TDI DSG 54k mi. BLACK Rocketchipped, boostvalve, boost gauge.
slate210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.