My New 4 door Jeep Wrangler - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > My New 4 door Jeep Wrangler

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #16
TexasWes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdebol
Looks great--I'm jealous! I just bought my Jeep liberty at lease end and figured I'd keep it for awhile but I may be trying to sell it early for one of these...

Can you elaborate on the new modular hard top?--things you like and don't like about it?

Thanks,
Steve

I Love it so easy to remove but the back section is a little heavy. I love the front sections. I can take em off (in about 2-3 minutes) and go with just the back on and still get the topless feal. I think this is going to be after marketed soon buy some of the other companies and youll see some on the older jeep models.

TexasWes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 07:08 AM   #17
sdebol
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasWes
I Love it so easy to remove but the back section is a little heavy. I love the front sections. I can take em off (in about 2-3 minutes) and go with just the back on and still get the topless feal. I think this is going to be after marketed soon buy some of the other companies and youll see some on the older jeep models.

Do you also have a soft top?--if not, do you plan on adding one? (or if you do have one, do you regret buying it?). I live in Minnesota so I'm almost certain I'd get the hard top for fall/winter use (though there are many Jeep owners around here who don't), and I've assumed I'd want a soft top for summers so I was just curious what your impression is.

Thanks,
Steve
sdebol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #18
ericg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFire
Put a lift on it already.
Why bother lifting a 2WD Jeep?
ericg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #19
BajaFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericg
Why bother lifting a 2WD Jeep?

Why do people put lifts on their trucks in california?
BajaFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #20
rockrawler4.0

Maybe because California has some of the best wheeling grounds in the US! A two wheel drive wrangler should be a sin, shame on you for showing jeep they can sell one of the best stock built offroad machines as a grocery getter. Sorry I had to rant, enjoy the jeep. I am sure it will be a fun road machine.

http://www.gtibifuel.com
rockrawler4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #21
lauxie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

congrats on your new Jeep!!!!

'04 Rubicon
5 spd
no cruise...ever
stock besides cheap + basic mods
lauxie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #22
kssblue

i just got my new 4 door 4x4 and took it through some major water down here in florida - took it through water that came over the top on the hood - so now can you help me - i want to waterproof it for deeper forging - can anyone advise?
kssblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #23
azcoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssblue
i just got my new 4 door 4x4 and took it through some major water down here in florida - took it through water that came over the top on the hood - so now can you help me - i want to waterproof it for deeper forging - can anyone advise?

Snorkel and electric fan are your starting point...

Connections will be your next....
Unread 10-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #24
TexasWes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdebol
Do you also have a soft top?--if not, do you plan on adding one? (or if you do have one, do you regret buying it?). I live in Minnesota so I'm almost certain I'd get the hard top for fall/winter use (though there are many Jeep owners around here who don't), and I've assumed I'd want a soft top for summers so I was just curious what your impression is.

Thanks,
Steve
I do plan to get a soft top in the future but one thing at a time for now. But I also and kinda curious how the soft top for the 4 door will be seeing how it will be alot longer. Im afraid it will be even noisier than the 2 dr
TexasWes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #25
GearedForLife

Congrats on your new Jeep. I just ordered an 07 4dr ribicon last week myself. Waiting for it to get here. Enjoy!
GearedForLife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #26
R. Potts
2000 TJ Wrangler 

is the 2wd an option? or is it an upgrade to go to 4wd?

a jeep w/o 4wd just doesn't seem logical
R. Potts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #27
BlackRubi79

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer
Did you know that the first Jeep engine came out of a car? And did you know that
while improvements were made over the years this "car" engine would be used in Jeeps for almost 40 years!
This 3.8 is nothing but a bored 3.3. The 3.3 is in my wifes Eagle Vision. Gasp. A car.
And while the drivetrain on the Vision is front wheel drive the engine is mounted
north to south just like in the JK instead of east and west like most front wheel drives.

So Jeep starts with a car engine and returns to a car engine. And along the way other car engines were used like the Buick 225 V6. Gasp. Another V6. And even the old 4.2 liter straight six came from an engine in the Rambler. Another car!

One word: Diesel
BlackRubi79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2006, 01:13 PM   #28
kellykell9

I test drove one of these a few weeks ago and fell in love with it! However they were jacking up the prices with a "surcharge" of $2K-$3K and they came to me with a RIDICULOUS monthly payment, so I stood up and walked away. It was hard to do, let me tell you!! I work for a company where I get 1% below what the dealership gets cars for, and they weren't offering that to me either, so to me, it was just dumb to buy one when in a few months, these things would be offered to me, so I waited. I loved every inch of the 4 door, and the hard top was so easy to take off!! (Well at least the front 2 pieces) and they fit nicely in the back of the Jeep. Two thumbs up for me, I'm in love!!

My Rubicon only has about 15,000 miles on it and is in mint condition, but they offered me too low of a trade in, also....probably doesn't help that I'm a girl....

I will get that Jeep.........at some point.....
kellykell9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2006, 12:41 AM   #29
'B'wigstrailrig
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer
Did you know that the first Jeep engine came out of a car? And did you know that
while improvements were made over the years this "car" engine would be used in Jeeps for almost 40 years!
This 3.8 is nothing but a bored 3.3. The 3.3 is in my wifes Eagle Vision. Gasp. A car.
And while the drivetrain on the Vision is front wheel drive the engine is mounted
north to south just like in the JK instead of east and west like most front wheel drives.

So Jeep starts with a car engine and returns to a car engine. And along the way other car engines were used like the Buick 225 V6. Gasp. Another V6. And even the old 4.2 liter straight six came from an engine in the Rambler. Another car!

Ill gasp like a hooker if they put in a motor from a ch..ch.chh.charger!
'B'wigstrailrig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #30
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrawler4.0
Maybe because California has some of the best wheeling grounds in the US! A two wheel drive wrangler should be a sin, shame on you for showing jeep they can sell one of the best stock built offroad machines as a grocery getter. Sorry I had to rant, enjoy the jeep. I am sure it will be a fun road machine.
you should see how many lifted trucks out here are 2WD. about 90% of them. i see 2WD lifted cherokees all the time. the cool thing in high school around here is to have a lifted 2WD truck that never see dirt in its life. thats california for ya.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.