Jeeps for enthusiasts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeeps for enthusiasts

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps for enthusiasts

It is us, the Jeep enthusiasts who made the 97 and up TJs what they are. Remember the phrase "Real Jeeps have round headlights" there was also some others who said "Track bars OR leaf springs NOT both! ". Well they listened, at least back then.
Then in 02 they kind of got lost some and we got the liberty.
Good bye XJ cherokee So sad.
Then in 05 they lost sight some more with the bloating and butchering of the Grand Cherokee.
Goodbye low end Torque(I6) :hello sewing machine motor(V6)
Goodbye Dana 30 Straight axle: hello IFS
Goodbye reasonable size, weight and MPG: ("Wide trail rated" badge needed)

Now for the 07 Wrangler. Good new first Staight axle still there, and the top still comes off. Thats it.
Four doors on the unlimited are nice for those want and need them.
It has gained weight and size. bad for tight trails ("Wide trail rated" badge needed) Look at the dimensions of a 4dr wrangler and a WJ. Track, width, and wheelbase. no surprise to me.
Fenders pop off easy on trees New clips are usally all thats required. Not good or bad.
Goodbye low end Torque(I6) :hello sewing machine motor(V6)
There is no way a engine that has it power 1k rpm higher can last as long as one that has its power at a lower rpm. At least not the way I drive.

I think I have bought the newest jeep vehicle I will ever buy if some things don't change.

Here is what I think they could do.

Start by building Two different Wranglers They could sell the wranglers they sell now and sell a "Wrangler Classic" as in a new TJ.
Of course there are some things that cannot be done again so the 4.0L inline engine can't be used because of emissions and Crash standards reasons. But I could gladly live with a 4.0 V6 if it just came in a vehicle no bigger than the TJ I have now. ( A V6 would have a better front to rear weight bias anyway)
90% of design and tooling cost are already paid for, so I'd think It would be a no brainer.
To make it more profitable a nitche vehicle such as this they would of course have to limit options like: colors 3 or less, soft top only, No cruise control, no carpet.... stuff like that.
I think that would sell.

anyone agree with me?

Project f-Xj F150/XJ Ford eXtreme jeep combo
06 6 Speed LJ my daily driver.
Colorado Jeep club memeber #505

Last edited by nitecop; 10-13-2007 at 07:13 AM..
nitecop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
Comanche_

i would buy one. they would also be cheaper because less opitions=cheaper. always a plus for some one with less money.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
XJ2Timer

Current and upcoming crash standards are why the JK is what it is. That width and weight are there for a purpose. Pedestrian impact standards are why the front fenders and bumper are plastic. The TJ never would pass the upcoming standards, that is why it has been replaced. Instead of griping at what the engineers had to change due to government regulations be glad that they worked hard to keep it a capable off road vehicle.

Now if you want to gripe that the government creates too many regulations I'll hop up on my soap box and join you.
Unread 10-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
bandit5150

It does not make economic sense to produce two wranglers that are that similar. Basically, the Wrangler Classic would just be taking market share from the new wrangler. Although wrangler sales are basically good, I don't think that they would support two lines. Althouh it may not seem like it to us, a jeep wrangler is a niche market vehicle. That is why there are so many 1-2 yr old jeeps for sale. They are not for everybody, a lot of people buy them and soon grow tired of the unique qualities of the jeep, then sell them off or trade them in on a durango. I like this, as it provides many quality near new jeeps on the market for tightwads like me to pick up at a decent price.
bandit5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #5
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit5150
It does not make economic sense to produce two wranglers that are that similar. Basically, the Wrangler Classic would just be taking market share from the new wrangler. Although wrangler sales are basically good, I don't think that they would support two lines.
Two lines would be easy really, and of course some sales of a classic wrangler would cut into the regular wrangler share but there would be more sales total and if the company could hold the line on option and choices there would be a higher profit per vehicle.
Unread 10-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
fatjeepkid

I'd be happy with a diesel
fatjeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
The_'ster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I need to buy another TJ soon, before they have all been molested by idiots or rusted away. Keep one really nice, and another incase I total one.
Unread 12-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #8
TXZJ1kweer
1998 ZJ 

You ain't lying about that.
TXZJ1kweer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
hugejeepfan05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

WOW I never knew there were people that loved the TJ as much as I do.
hugejeepfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2008, 06:09 AM   #10
wecaonimabb789

rs

hello ,everyone who know how to make runescape money fast??
wecaonimabb789 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
JillTheThrill
2008 XK Commander 

This is a good idea.
Unread 02-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
Zer0
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well keep in mind, that $6000 used stock TJ you can by, as long as the body hasnt rusted away or been ripped apart would be worth a whole lot more a few years from now when someone wants to build a trail jeep but cant stand the new JKs
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
well keep in mind, that $6000 used stock TJ you can by, as long as the body hasnt rusted away or been ripped apart would be worth a whole lot more a few years from now when someone wants to build a trail jeep but cant stand the new JKs
X2 on that for sure.

and a bump for a thread that fit the times
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #14
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

It's not Jeep it's our Goverment that has the final say!
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #15
GrandmasterWJ
2002 WJ 

Yup, I agree. Its the government thats pushing the auto manufactures to build these light weight, fuel efficient automobiles. That is the reason why Chrysler is going with IFS instead of solid axles on the jeeps. Solid axles are the best (just my opinion). I'm an Grand Cherokee nut (ZJ's & WJ's only). Those two models would rip through anything. The new Grands today (WK & WK2) are junk. They will never come close to the ZJ's or the WJ's when it comes to off road capabilities. I own an 02-WJ with an HO-I6. I built her up to the way she looks today. I'll never give her up for a new WK or WK2. You'll never see an jeep built like an XJ, ZJ or WJ ever again. I hate to say it but those days are gone for good.
GrandmasterWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.