Jeep Truck Gladiator v. NuKiser - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeep Truck Gladiator v. NuKiser

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

View Poll Results: Jeep Truck Gladiator v. NuKiser
Gladiator 20 42.55%
NuKiser 27 57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #31
Treerat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

NuKiser. The Gladiator is a little to much Escalade/H3 for me and I love the retro, hard as nails look.

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #32
RecklessXJ

1991 XJ Cherokee 

that nuKiser is sooo BA i want one classic styling with modern engineering its perfect too bad they will probably never produce it due to the fact that its not a practical vehicle
RecklessXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #33
Jbostick
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I agree the Nukiser is BA, but im not sure how cool it would be be with out the lift and sittin on some 32s
Jbostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #34
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

It don't matter which truck they produce, you know it'll never look as cool in production form v.s. concept form

Mike
AMCSportTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #35
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wouldn't a Jeep Scrambler cost less! and do more.
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #36
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

I like the gladiator's looks, but remember we're talking about a truck here, so i would go with the nukiser soley on its strength. it seems capable of pulling 10k lbs. talk about hauling *** haha
Nick_Knipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 01:25 AM   #37
rugz31
1976 CJ7 

i like both, but i've always loved regular cab trucks, and the Nuke seems to be a lot more stout (with willy's inspired looks). I mean, dana 60 rear and 5.7 hemi? if the gladiator had those, it'd be a lot cooler.

my vote definitely goes to the nuke. however, the gladiator is a lot more appealing than any other small truck on the market.
rugz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #38
bravobravo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i say two door jk unlimited, then some gr8 company would make a half top

(not the j8 to hard and expensive to get but onethat is easily available to th us market)

removed for stirring the pot
bravobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #39
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

build'em both or stiffle it

Mike
Unread 10-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #40
SLIM_SNOOPY

It is great that we can all discuss on how we want Jeep to build the new Jeep Pick-up. But in all reality, they just came out of Bankruptcy, and have a budget and concerns on what is going to sell. The soccer moms and dads of America will always outdo us enthusisist. So, with that in mind if Jeep is going to go through with the PICK-UP JK, they must use their 4 door JK Jeep currently being used. By no means in this economy will Chrysler start adding a Hemi , Diesel , different tranny, etc. It would be great , but to cost effective.

If you notice next to the gladiator concept, they also have a tan " New dessert color 2011" 2 door Jeep COncept Pickup floating on-line as well. From what I read, Chrysler and Mopar are both trying to make a kit available for us current 2 dr and 4 dr JK Owner's, to get the optional pick-up kit as a add on,,,,way cool there dude,, loving that one . I like that idea a lot, As much I would love to have a out of the box Jeep Truck, I do not want any auto payments anymore. I don't mind speding money on my Jeeper, but no more new car payments. Peace of mind.

Everything that was asked for on here with a Hemi and especially a diesel option, you will be loooking at a $43,000 or more vehicle. The tranny , chasis, etc all have to be able to handle the extra torque. No Jeep will ever tow 7,000 LBS

Even the new re-designed 4-Runner has a new 5,000 # tow limit, use to be 6,000. With all the gas saving going on , and scalling of stel to plastic and fiberglass, you are going to notice more and more, towing and payloads for mini trucks / suv's are less and less. Unless of course it is a hd pickup from the big three.

Basically what I am saying is, be happy that Jeep is even willing to take such a chance in this rocky economy

SLIM_SNOOPY
SLIM_SNOOPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #41
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

I got the word from the Jeep dealer ship myself, There will NOT be a Jeep pickup truck

here is the the story

They only build these Concept Wrangler based trucks because it boosts sales of the Regular Wrangler's

I got told that Jeep will NEVER produce a pickup truck for the North American market

Then the salesman proceeded to tell its ok i can trade my Comanche in on a nice Dakota lots to choose from BAD Idea

I became a real unpleasant person at that point

I said "Well for i wouldn't ever own another dodge truck they are all trash, Second of all i figured Chrysler would Ruin the Jeep" . . . . "First CryCo ditch the full sized trucks lickity split, then the ditch the Mid sized trucks and if that wasn't enough they repowered the remaining SUV's with Mini Van V-6's and Neon I-4's" . . . " I guess I'll just keep this fine American Motors Jeep Comanche for the rest of my days you have a nice day Sir"

Then i drove away

Mike
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #42
WKBoston
2006 WK 

Nuk 715
WKBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #43
rixkix
2011 JK Wrangler 

As much as I like and would prefer the Nuk I think that if a truck is produced it will be a Gladiator type. A full size Nuk would compete againt the Dodge full size trucks on the same lot. While I'm sure there would be a great deal of commonality with the Ram's undercarriage the Nuk would still require a much larger investment in engineering than a Gladiator. So if the Gladiator was my only option I'm OK with it. I need another pickup next year so we'll see what reality offers.
rixkix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #44
rosco1

well, werent both supposed to have a diesel too. if it had the diesel, id prefer the glad, cause i dig the half jeep half truck bastard stepchild look, but id take the j3000, i mean the nuke
Unread 12-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #45
JeffRRC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The Gladiator because while the NuK is cool, it looks too cartoonish. The bed is too short and the top is chopped too low. I would buy a Gladiator as long as it can tow 5000 lbs. Why can't the JK Unlimited tow more? The FJ Cruiser is rated for 5000# but the JK Unlimited only 3500. What is up with that? Anyway, Gladiator!!!
JeffRRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.