Jeep Trailhawk Concept! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeep Trailhawk Concept!

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #46
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

Wasn't sure if anyone had the specs. I was able to find them. I think they're decently respectable:

Dimension
Weight
3900 lbs (est)

Length
191.2 (4858 mm)

Wheelbase
116 (2946 mm)

Front overhang
34.5 (878 mm)

Rear overhang
40.7 (1033 mm)

Max width
77.7 (1968 mm)

Height
69.3 (1761 mm)

Track

Approach/
departure angle
27 Degrees/
33.5 Degrees

Couple
33 (838 mm)

Powertrain and Suspension
Engine
3.0L BLUETEC common-rail diesel

Horsepower
215 hp @ 4000 rpm

Torque
376 ft. lb @ 1600-2800 rpm

0-60 mph
9 seconds

1/4 Mile
15.7 seconds (top speed: 124 mph)

Range
300 miles

Drivetrain
4WD, 5-speed automatic

Suspension
Solid axle w/ 4 front bar links, 5 rear bar links

Tire size
305/45R22 33 (838 mm)

Wheel size
22 x 10

Crawl Ratio
29:1 (3.73:1 axles)

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2007, 01:30 AM   #47
YB Normyl
2008 WK 

What if you base the next Commander on the Trailhawk, well you might get something like my photoshop. Gotta clean it up a little more.

YB Normyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #48
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

that looks pretty bad ***....i just hate the rear hatch of the commander........... :suicide: your pretty damn handy with that fotoshop
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Unread 04-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #49
ovrlnd

if anyone on here thinks that daimler cares about Jeep heritage is sadly mistaken. IMO all they want to do is slowly bring the demise of the vehicle that defeated them. If you ask me the government should have stepped in and said "no foreign auto company will ever be allowed to produce the Jeep brand in any way shape or form. period." but then again take a look at all the ball-less bafoons in washington.
as for the trailhawk. looks more like a "Salonhawk" or "Snobhawk" or the previously mentioned "Mallhawk" it seems the DCX marketing approach of remarketing mercedes garbage failed "commander" as well as the current People Prefer Plastic that putrifies the current lineup. one thing is for certain
another jeep vehicle whose owners will be more concerned with sucking down the mocha double latte whilst yaking on the mp3 phone than waving to fellow Jeepers.

88 YJ, 350/350 Chevy, Twin Stick Dana 300 with JB 32 spline rear output, 6.5" lift, Front Scout II Dana 44 w/Yukon 4340 shafts, trac loc, 4.27's, Warn Premium Hubs, flipped YJ Tie Rod, Ford F150 front calipers, Rear Scout II Dana 44 w/Alloy 4340 shafts, HD RPT retainer plates, 4.27's True trac, Steeltech Disc brakes, Cage upgrade, B&M Prostick Shifter, Custom Fabbed tire, gas, jack carrier, 3/8 angle rear bumper, clevis's all around, old & reliable rep8000 winch. Flood lights. loud stereo. 35x12.50 swampers and a bunch of other stuff
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #50
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

I haven't been looking at plastic and body styling myself. Look at the ZJ the YJ. Their plastic moldings are but something to be taken off and replaced. The chasis on the trailhawk is basically the same as the JK. I saw the thing (and if my girlfriends would get the pics!!!) its a beefy chasis that can be well loved by off-roaders.

You may be right, it may appeal to mall riders. But there wouldn't be a company called Jeep if they didn't change their style. I'll agree, Liberty, Patriot, Compass, Commander (which probably won't be remodeled in '09 and dropped so I hear); not a fan of the market or the trucks. If this Trailhawk is things to come, then I'm glad jeeps gotten away from the aforementioned vehicles somewhat (as far as chasis). But in all honesty, how many people have the sole intention of offroading when buying a brand new jeep? I'm not saying there is noone out there, but there is a vast majority that plan to use it as a daily driver as well, at least for a little while. Not only that it is a handy capable vehicle that doesn't need to only go off road. My Gramps has an '05 Grand for my grandmother (i was angry). But he has it all set to tow the boat, waverunners, and his quad to the lake and hunting!

This thing, to me, seems a nice doubler. The styling (if turned into production) will hopefully be tuned down and more rugged. It probably handles as a nice driver but still has solid axles front and rear (which i am happy about!). It also probably handles excelent off-road. Maybe not rock-crawling in Moab or the Rubicon or Mud Slinging in the swamps of Louisiana, but what jeep today (completely stock!) can?

I'll agree that Jeep has gotten away from its roots. But if it still made the rough riding, solid axle, flat fenders that most in this whole forum know and love (including me), there wouldn't be much Jeep (if any) left today. That means anyone with a TJ, ZJ, WJ, or newer XJs wouldn't have their favorite jeep. Jeep should definately tone down their Mercedes look on everything (specially the New Grands and this Trailhawk Concept). they are relying too much on Benz's suspension in certain vehicles and euro styling. Thats why I am happy that Benz is getting rid of Chrysler. I can only hope that GM will buy them. I also only hope that if this concept does come into truition, its own Mercedes styling will be toned down. And for all any of us know, the Trailhawk was made only to start introducing the Bluetech 3.0L Diesel that is supposed to be hitting the Grands either 08 or 09 (i forget which).
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #51
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by YB Normyl
What if you base the next Commander on the Trailhawk, well you might get something like my photoshop. Gotta clean it up a little more.

Now that's what the Commander SHOULD have looked like! The Gladiator wheels look great too... The more I look at your PhotoChop, the more angry I get that DC didn't design the Commander EXACTLY like this!

I'm not sure which version I like better, more squared-off like yours, or my version:

!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr

Last edited by WJ Freak; 01-03-2008 at 11:43 PM..
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:15 PM   #52
YB Normyl
2008 WK 

Yours would be more likely to happen than mine. Awesome!

YB Normyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #53
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

Thats what the Trailhawk should be. And that will hopefully be what the next grand is...sweet man!!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #54
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Woohoo!

Thanks, Li'l Jeep! I hope you're right...
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
Unread 07-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #55
IMYY4U
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like the design of the SUV with an SRT-8 engine. But for offroading or grocery shopping, etc. I'm not bought on it.
IMYY4U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:45 AM   #56
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

More pics...

Last edited by WJ Freak; 02-09-2009 at 09:05 PM..
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #57
Tri_X_Troll
1986 MJ Comanche 

I kinda like it. It would get me to work in style in the rain, snow, and sun.

You're either a tool or have too mutch money if you are even going to take a $40,000 vehicle on anything more than a dirt road.

Base MSRP:$40,925

Furthermore, I have a serious beef with all of the tools that insist that Jeep is going soft and DC is making cars suited for dirt roads.

What the hell do you call a 1950 Jeepster? They've been making cars all along, you boneheads just ignore them.

Unread 08-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #58
DT5150
1983 CJ7 

yuck.......
DT5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #59
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

If i had 40 thousand to spend on a car, i would take it on more than a dirt road. I mean why not? H1s are one of the most capable off roaders out there and they are about 80-100K. And if someone rolled onto the rubicon with one of them, it'd turn heads. So if i knew my truck that I bought for say 42K was more than capable for rubicon...u bet ure bottom dollar I'd be bringing it on there. But like u said thatd be if i had too much money. LoL.

I would love to see someone throw nasty meets on a Trailhawk and blast through mud, rocks, and dirt with it. Oh man, that'd be so cool to see that thing half submerged in a pond. HaHa. Gotta take off those street sneakers and get some workboots on it though. I dunno what they were thinkin with that!!!!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Unread 04-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #60
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

TrailHawk vs 2011 Grand Cherokee

About the only thing the 2011 Grand has in common with the TrailHawk is elements of the interior...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.