Jeep Ripped off - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeep Ripped off

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
MATT99TJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCSportTruck View Post
I don't know about all that, Boss lady test drove many SUV's last 3yrs and the only Jeep she liked was the 76' n 87' V8 Wagoneer's she test drove.

Me I'm not an SUV person, I drive 2dr performance cars n regular cab short bed pickups so currently there isn't a "New" Jeep of interest to me period . . .

So my statement as of currently STAND's IMO.
Mike
And some guys dig fat chicks.

To each their own.

MATT99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #17
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

True that some do some don't, Point made . . .

Mike

1982 AM-Jeep J-5500 / 1988 AM-Jeep MJ-343 / 1992 GTA Trans AM / 2007 Honda Rubicon.
AMCSportTruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #18
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhinote View Post
It amazes me how a company can flat out copy the jeep look and not face any lawsuits. Guess since their out of china?
Whenever you borrow your money from somewhere... and that somewhere owns all business in the country, its hard to sue them.

Smart person once said "the borrower is slave to the lender". It doesn't help that Chrysler was looking at bringing the Cherry QQ to the US as a new small car, when it is a direct copy of a GM vehicle.
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #19
hefightsfire
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well it may be a cheap China knock-off but at least it looks cool.

Abraham Lincoln
hefightsfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #20
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

Yea well I been told "polish a turd its still a turd" . . . "Not all Jeeps were created equal"

Now, That's most likely some old tall tail passed through the ages.
Mike

1982 AM-Jeep J-5500 / 1988 AM-Jeep MJ-343 / 1992 GTA Trans AM / 2007 Honda Rubicon.
AMCSportTruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #21
HIGH97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What a crock of ****. its a glorified side by side.
HIGH97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #22
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsman View Post
Haha, looks like a fail Jeep Hurricane.

If it looked more like a halo Warthog and had a huge *** chaingun stuck to the top I'd consider it.
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #23
300whisper
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Whenever you borrow your money from somewhere... and that somewhere owns all business in the country, its hard to sue them.

Smart person once said "the borrower is slave to the lender".
The US is the only country/government/entity in the world where borrowing doesnt hurt in the typical sense. Since the rest of the world deals in dollars, we do not have to adjust our prices based on the value of some other currency. Also, we have the luxery of paying off debt by just printing more money. The issue with that is inflation of course. Regardless, how much china "owns" that does not give them the right to manufacture and sell their version of our vehicles. Stealing is stealing no matter how powerful the image you project on the world is.

*Also, that wasnt meant to be a d*** statement just my rebuttal thats all.
300whisper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #24
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300whisper View Post
The US is the only country/government/entity in the world where borrowing doesnt hurt in the typical sense. Since the rest of the world deals in dollars, we do not have to adjust our prices based on the value of some other currency. Also, we have the luxery of paying off debt by just printing more money. The issue with that is inflation of course. Regardless, how much china "owns" that does not give them the right to manufacture and sell their version of our vehicles. Stealing is stealing no matter how powerful the image you project on the world is.

*Also, that wasnt meant to be a d*** statement just my rebuttal thats all.
Not taken as one

Although I would have to argue that we cant print off our debt, if you look at the nation states that have been through hyper-inflation. And we do have to adjust our prices based on how the dollar fluctuates. look at gas and oil. The supply hasnt changed, our currency just buys less of it.

Anyhow, if I was given one of these Chinese deals, I would rock it till it inevitably broke.
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #25
KOAKEN

Back in 2004 at the only Camp Jeep in California, Jeep had a prototype that looked exactly like this. It was really cool vehicle. I was hoping that it would come to market, but it didn't. I think it had two engines, front and rear.
KOAKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
CrazyIvan888
1993 ZJ 

That dual 1/2" exhaust looks pretty high-performance.

Koaken, I think you're referring to the Jeep Hurricane. Two engines and some kind of funky 360-degree spin-around system for yuppies who can't parallel-park, right? There's a pic of one on page one of this thread.

CZI
Unread 07-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #27
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

It may be comparable to a 4 wheeler, but at least china has the balls to make it. Jeep had alot of nice prototypes that are sitting and collecting dust.

if i had land, would get one just to tool around in.

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.