Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep Renegade Concept

21K views 49 replies 35 participants last post by  theredx 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
DanW said:
Sorry, not really that similar in my opinion. Now had you compared the HX to the Trailhawk...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356132
I was leaving it up to others to respond with their reactions, but I was merely comparing/contrasting Jeep and GM's design executions on 2 vehicles with similar goals. While they both look like they came out of Halo, they look quite different from each other. It's just interesting...

I wouldn't compare the 4-door TrailHawk with the HX either. The only similarities are with the huge fenders and the open-air rear compartment.

#4 ·
Not really any similarities, if any very subtle. I can say though that that HX design looks a lot better then H2 and H3. The HX looks like it would definitely out perform both of them as well with that shorter wheel base. But enough about Hummers....this is a jeep forum.

The Renegade concept is wild, but I can bet 30 years from now, if not sooner we'll be seeing jeeps on the road like this design.

#5 ·
Here it is

More here http://www.rockcrawler.com

"The advanced propulsion system in the Jeep Renegade concept starts with a 40-mile lithium-ion battery pack. A range extender - in Renegade's case, a small-displacement (1.5-liter, 3-cylinder) BLUETEC diesel engine - allows for journeys beyond 40 miles. In fact, the Jeep Renegade concept boasts a 400-mile range. Renegade's BLUETEC diesel engine generates an additional 115 horsepower when needed, while greatly reducing exhaust emissions when compared to standard gasoline engines. Renegade is capable of achieving an equivalent petroleum fuel economy of 110 miles per gallon, which is four-to-five times greater than an equivalent gasoline-only vehicle.
The all-new Jeep Renegade concept's lightweight aluminum architecture and regen-braking system help to improve overall efficiency, while dual electric 200 kilowatt (268 horsepower) motors propel a very capable 4x4 system - complete with low range and locking differentials -- worthy of carrying the Jeep name."

Also has 32" tires.

#8 ·
Yes, as horrible as the Hummer looks, I would take it over the new "Jeep" thing that they have designed.

#10 ·
#13 ·
The renegade looks cool, but it doesn't look like a Jeep, just a rugged sports car or dune buggy like someone mentioned. To be honest the Hx looks more like a traditional Jeep in the sense that it's hardtop convertible and has a higher rollbar than the renegade. (I hope that wasnt too blashphemous, lol)

#15 ·
When I went to look at new Mustangs, the salesman said that the main competition they see for the convertible Mustang is the Wrangler. He said that very often, when people are tossing around the idea of buying something they can fold the top down or take off of, those are the top two choices. Now, this was before the Sky/Solstice and the JK, right after the current Mustang body-style came out.

In that light, I can see how Jeep would want a model to fill that gap. Aestheticly, this would appeal to both buyers, and the alternative fuel angle could appeal to the wierdo hippies that think they are saving the environment.

Also, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Hummer has brought out the HX finally. They said a year or two ago that they were looking to introduce a Wrangler-fighter.

#17 ·
TurtleMacLeod said:
Also, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Hummer has brought out the HX finally. They said a year or two ago that they were looking to introduce a Wrangler-fighter.
GibsJeep said:
Only if they put the HX in production. If they do, I bet a Wrangler would still take that thing out.:teehee:
The plan has been to expand Hummer to include the HX (at one point, also called the H4), since the H2 concept first hit the Detroit Auto Show in 2000. So, it's not a surprise that it would come out or that it will go into production by 2009. The surprise is how cool it looks and how much I want one! Now, I'm a Jeep nut, but this puppy would make short work of the JK, I'm sorry to say. Did you notice the coil-overs and romote res. shocks? Even if those features don't make it into production (which they probably won't), I'm sorry, this thing is friggin' tough! :barbell:

#19 ·
GibsJeep said:
WJ Freak... have you seen this.
You Hummer lover:nono: just joking :cheers2:

Hey! Okay, so I have a bit of "Hummer-appreciation"... :shhh:

Yeah, I actually took the H3T concept and PhotoChopped it to get an idea of what the H3 would look like, before it came out. I used some spy shots to figure out where the doors were going to be cut and where the gas intake was. Brenda Priddy (spy photographer extraordinaire) contacted me after she saw it posted and helped me sell it to Truckin' and Sport Truck Magazine. It was a full page feature lead-in to their spy photos that month! It was cool to see that be published. It was floating around on the internet before the H3 came out, but I can't find it now. I'll try to post it when I get the chance. I like it better than the actual H3...:teehee:

#23 ·
edit 10 characters

#24 ·
chadsmeltzer said:
Here are a couple pictures of the Renegade my grandpa took yesterday...

Can anyone say "Halo Warthog?" :D

#25 · (Edited)
GibsJeep said:
Wow they actually have one built. It kinda looks like a lifted sports car on 32'' tires. Very cool though IMO.:thumbsup:
i think so to, but i would drive one.

body looks like miata.

if i could, i would get a loan for one , and i would sell my toyota.
i would proably end up broke with a loan, but ehh, so what, life is short.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.