Jeep Renegade Concept - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeep Renegade Concept

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Jeep Renegade Concept

Hmmm...

Jeep Renegade Forum

!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
DanW

Sorry, not really that similar in my opinion. Now had you compared the HX to the Trailhawk...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f118/interesting-new-jeep-concept-trailhawk-356132/
DanW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW
Sorry, not really that similar in my opinion. Now had you compared the HX to the Trailhawk...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356132
I was leaving it up to others to respond with their reactions, but I was merely comparing/contrasting Jeep and GM's design executions on 2 vehicles with similar goals. While they both look like they came out of Halo, they look quite different from each other. It's just interesting...

I wouldn't compare the 4-door TrailHawk with the HX either. The only similarities are with the huge fenders and the open-air rear compartment.
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
GibsJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Not really any similarities, if any very subtle. I can say though that that HX design looks a lot better then H2 and H3. The HX looks like it would definitely out perform both of them as well with that shorter wheel base. But enough about Hummers....this is a jeep forum.

The Renegade concept is wild, but I can bet 30 years from now, if not sooner we'll be seeing jeeps on the road like this design.
Unread 01-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here it is

More here http://www.rockcrawler.com

"The advanced propulsion system in the Jeep Renegade concept starts with a 40-mile lithium-ion battery pack. A range extender – in Renegade’s case, a small-displacement (1.5-liter, 3-cylinder) BLUETEC diesel engine – allows for journeys beyond 40 miles. In fact, the Jeep Renegade concept boasts a 400-mile range. Renegade’s BLUETEC diesel engine generates an additional 115 horsepower when needed, while greatly reducing exhaust emissions when compared to standard gasoline engines. Renegade is capable of achieving an equivalent petroleum fuel economy of 110 miles per gallon, which is four-to-five times greater than an equivalent gasoline-only vehicle.
The all-new Jeep Renegade concept’s lightweight aluminum architecture and regen-braking system help to improve overall efficiency, while dual electric 200 kilowatt (268 horsepower) motors propel a very capable 4x4 system – complete with low range and locking differentials -- worthy of carrying the Jeep name."

Also has 32" tires.

()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
GibsJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wow they actually have one built. It kinda looks like a lifted sports car on 32'' tires. Very cool though IMO.
Unread 01-13-2008, 11:39 PM   #7
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

eh..forgive me lord but that hummer > that jeep
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:05 AM   #8
fastredjeep
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Yes, as horrible as the Hummer looks, I would take it over the new "Jeep" thing that they have designed.
[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Black Jeep Club member #127[/FONT][/B]
fastredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:10 AM   #9
gregs887
Up your butt Jobu

1995 ZJ 

Don't know if i'd call it a jeep, but it does look kind of fun
gregs887 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:37 AM   #10
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

It's a Jeep Dune Buggy! They must have an abundance of "Rescue Green" paint!

The entire gallery:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/01...-diesel-re-ev/
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #11
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredjeep
Yes, as horrible as the Hummer looks, I would take it over the new "Jeep" thing that they have designed.
The thing I like is that they are looking at this with electric motors in mind. And they are giving this an off-road focus as well.
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It looks like a frog
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
Chaser892
2007 JK Wrangler 

The renegade looks cool, but it doesn't look like a Jeep, just a rugged sports car or dune buggy like someone mentioned. To be honest the Hx looks more like a traditional Jeep in the sense that it's hardtop convertible and has a higher rollbar than the renegade. (I hope that wasnt too blashphemous, lol)

'07 4dr X Steel Blue, manual 6spd, dual tops, S/power/tow pkgs, basic stereo, factory side steps, black fuel door/locking cap, dark grey denim spare tire cover w/JEEP in blk lettering.
Chaser892 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #14
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like something from 2050.

It looks OK.. but still has a way to go.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

When I went to look at new Mustangs, the salesman said that the main competition they see for the convertible Mustang is the Wrangler. He said that very often, when people are tossing around the idea of buying something they can fold the top down or take off of, those are the top two choices. Now, this was before the Sky/Solstice and the JK, right after the current Mustang body-style came out.

In that light, I can see how Jeep would want a model to fill that gap. Aestheticly, this would appeal to both buyers, and the alternative fuel angle could appeal to the wierdo hippies that think they are saving the environment.

Also, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Hummer has brought out the HX finally. They said a year or two ago that they were looking to introduce a Wrangler-fighter.

RED JEEP CLUB #602
TurtleMacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.