Jeep pork chop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeep pork chop?

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 04-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Jeep pork chop?

This has to be an april's fool day joke ..... chrysler will never name a jeep after white meat. but that pork chop sure looks good ... to drive

Jeep Offers Sneak Peek At Two Moab-Ready Wranglers

By Tim Healey
Contributing Writer
April 1st, 2011

Jeep has a long tradition of using Chrysler's Mopar aftermarket performance-parts to cobble together some modded-up Jeeps for the annual Moab Easter Jeep Safari, which takes place in Utah later this month.
jeep-wrangler-pork-chop_100345389_l.jpg

This year is no exception, as Jeep will be bringing six models to Moab. The company has released sketches of two of the models--the Renegade and the Pork Chop--that it will bring to the 45th annual Easter Jeep Safari.
jeep-wrangler-renegade_100345391_l.jpg

The company has not released details, but we can guarantee there will be plenty of off-road gear. That includes large off-road ready tires, which are apparent in the sketches.

We'll bring you more details as we have them.

[Chrysler]

We are committed to offering honest, unbiased reviews. Read our Editorial

Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
2010jeepJK

The renegade doesnt look have bad...I wouldnt buy Pork Chop though just because of the name
2010jeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
XJ2Timer

My guess is the Pork Chop will never be sold in the Middle East.
Unread 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
Dreadnaught1181
2011 WK 

Man, that Renegade looks good with the blacked out trim.
Dreadnaught1181 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Though I will have to say who needs a jeep to go to mohab when all you really need is an old crown vic. (if you havent already youtube crown vic mohab for the funniest video ever)
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 06:02 AM   #6
Jcool
1993 XJ Cherokee 

check out the real pic of the pork chop

and the renegade

_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_) 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L
Jcool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

jcool, thank you for that and wow...

Air Force Loadmaster/Air Force Jeep Club [B]#12[/B]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-am-petersens-4wheel-off-road-magazine-pics-526488/"]Me in Petersons 4-Wheel Off-Road Magazine[/URL]
[/B][/SIZE]
julietkilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Jcool
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I want the wheels off the renegade

also i think the decal on the side shows what engine is in it, i think its a 6.4L Hemi V-8
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_) 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L
Jcool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #9
BadAsh74
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I want those wheels from the Pork Chop!!!! Old school Torq Thrust style rules! I love the red interior too. With the stripped down body, coke bottle mags, power bulged hood, correct style rollcage, cowl stripe...this thing looks like a '70s CJ-5 and Mopar muscle car got a Meyers Manx dune buggy knocked up and this is what came out. If theyd take the styling and concept of this, merge it with the powertrain and 'Renegade' package, and offer it with that scrambler conversion kit, that would be my dream Jeep. I want the mags in black, body in Electric Blue, interior in black, manual trans with 5.7 and I want it NOW.

BTW, personally I would have made the Pork Chop black with red trim and the grey mags. The renegade could stay silver, just for appearance's sake.
BadAsh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
BadAsh74
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just want to say it again: I WANT THOSE PORK CHOP WHEELS!!!! I just jizzed in my pants looking at them on a Wrangler. These are the wheels the belong on a Jeep and if these arent put into production then its a major FAIL.
BadAsh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
Dreadnaught1181
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcool View Post
Never been a big off-roader but WOW that is beautiful.

I would expect an engine change if it were to be built though....
Dreadnaught1181 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
HIGH97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That renegade is sweeet!!!
HIGH97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
MrBrown
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wonder what the entry and exit angles are on that Pork Chop.
Unread 06-04-2011, 01:52 AM   #14
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

I kow AEV mods the wrangler, but jeep should offer this option for the wrangler

Jeep Wrangler JK-8 Independence

Taking cues from the popular Jeep Scrambler CJ-8 from the 1980’s, Mopar has designed a kit for do-it-yourselfers that converts a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited into a pickup truck. The bed length is 50 inches and the width between wheel wells is 44 inches. The team created body panels to cover the second-row entrance and removed all of the interior parts behind the front seats—transforming the vehicle into a two-seater with just enough room for gear inside, and a pickup style bed to be used for outside cargo.

The JK-8 drivetrain is fitted with a Mopar/Dynatrac ProRock 44 front axle and stock Dana 44 rear axle, both spun with 4.88 gears. Linking the axles to the frame is a 4.5-inch long-arm suspension kit and 37-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 tires make the connection to the ground. A fresh coat of yellow paint and Mopar’s off-road bumpers for the front and rear were utilized along with a new fuel door and slush mats.

The JK-8 kit includes bed floor, inner/outer body panels, half hard top (works with Freedom Top panels), and a new bulkhead.
mp011_023jp.jpg   mp011_024jp.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #15
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcool View Post
I want the wheels off the renegade

also i think the decal on the side shows what engine is in it, i think its a 6.4L Hemi V-8

I'm pretty sure those are AEV Silver Wheel rims. I'm exceedingly happy with my AEV Pintler beadlocks.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.