Jeep Gladiator Concept - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeep Gladiator Concept

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-30-2009, 05:40 AM   #61
Carlos_I
2007 XK Commander 

If one would be available over here in Europe, with the diesel of course, we would get one. For sure. I've got the 3.0 CRD diesel in my Commander, and that is one sweet engine. The torgue is just unbelievable, beautiful humming sound, and reliable as hell.

Btw, does anybody know where the only prototype of the Gladiator is currently? I would also be willing to buy that... :-)

Unread 10-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #62
BULLITTBUilder
1999 WJ 

Keep dreaming, I highly doubt anything that cool will ever come out of Jeep again. I would suggest doing what my brother and I are doing. We have a 1968 J2000 with the 232 motor. It's going to undergo a transformation and get a 4bt cummins swapped in. But that won't be any stocker, total rebuild with an estimated 750hp and 1625 ft-lb or torque. After its all said and done she'll have a final crawl ratio of 86:1. Oh ha and did I mention that setup should get on average 28 mpg. Tell me you could pick up one of those at the dealer. They don't make Jeeps like that anymore, they are all just candy asses. It's been over a century since internal combustion engine cars have really been out and the gas mileage is still pathetic. I guarantee you it's no accident.
BULLITTBUilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #63
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITTBUilder View Post
It's been over a century since internal combustion engine cars have really been out and the gas mileage is still pathetic. I guarantee you it's no accident.
Mileage was improving in the mid 80s until:

Customers started wanting top of the line Cadillac gizmos and creature comforts in every type of vehicle. More weight.
Government started mandating more safety features. More weight.
Government and special interest groups started demanding higher crash standards. More weight.
Customers demanded more and more horsepower.
Unread 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #64
BULLITTBUilder
1999 WJ 

Mileage was good even as far back as the 20's. The had all sorts of phenomenal machines producing enormous power. My favorite example is steam power. Steam cars were all torque truly beautiful machines, and capable of producing a good cup of tea at the same time ( I kid) but really it is pathetic. the problem now is that people dont have to "drive" their cars. Most get in, turn the key throw it in drive and off they go. I own a few classic cars and have been in antiques the experience is nowhere near the same. Braking turning maneuvering were all conscious actions as well as caring for your auto. setting points, spark, timing, fuel. Horsepower is bogus because your average musclecar was making well in excess of 300 hp for the "pony" cars which wieghed little more than a ton ton and a half tops. The BIGGEST reason to keep cars efficiency where it is (and quite frankly why diesel is not the popular option here) is what some would regard as a conspiracy between the US and oil producing nations. The diesel engine is hands down better than any gas engine out there, period. Diesels are cleaner (always have been always will be) diesels have more torque more horsepower and are more efficient than the best petrol engines you throw at them. When Rudolph Diesel invented his engine in 1892 he created the a BIO diesel. It was invented to run on peanut oil. THe only reason why the went with processed fuel oil was A it was more readily available and was only available as a purchasable comestible who's price could be regulated by the tycoons at the time. However people have been making their own fuel for diesels for decades. It seems that when some "idea" comes out in America it's some previously unheard of thing. that is horse ****. They have had power seats, memory seats and all of your so called "cadillac" gizmos since before the 1950's. Yes the '50's, not the '80's. While some of those features relied on vacuum assisted lines, the invention was already there. This country hasn't spawned a new damn idea since the 50's and WHY?? because there are no leaders pushing for it. Eisenhower was an inspiration to push human ingenuity. OK rant off
Unread 04-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #65
Kris B Krunch
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know I'm resurecting an old thread here, but anybody here anything on if Jeep will release something like this? I think there is definetly a market out here in North America. Try to find anything less than 10 years old that is not a full size diesel pickup and not an imported truck that is right hand drive (sorry, I just can't bring myself to drive one unless I live in the part of the world that they are meant for. If I could find a left hand drive one I'd be all over it.)
And I do really like the look of this concept vehicle, not much for competition in the sub full size truck market.
Warn xd9000i, 35x12.50 MT/R's, SYE/CV driveshaft.
8.8 with 4.56's front and back with an Aussie Locker up front. Poison Spyder HD steering upgrade.
Kris B Krunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #66
FxORubi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

maybe someday....
FxORubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #67
BULLITTBUilder
1999 WJ 

It's not happening. Not not and probably never. The true Jeep is long gone and I doubt there will be any full size Jeep trucks ever made. With Chrysler group now owned by Fiat I've seen some of their "concepts". Basically just emasculating the Jeep. Jeep gets turned more and more into a car every model year. They were created as a bare bones truck that could go anywhere and do anything. Those days are gone; yeah they have diesels but they're only for export and the motors are ****ty. If you want a Jeep pickup then buy one; you want it in diesel then convert it. I wouldn't hold my breath that a diesel Jeep pickup is coming.
Unread 05-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #68
FxORubi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yeah true the last year of jeep in my opinion is 2006 with the wrangler. everything nowadays you can tell has more crystler influence then jeep.
FxORubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #69
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I refuse to buy any model past 2006. I give that for when they canned the TJ's, but really the TJ's and Cherokee's are the only models I'd ever drive anyways.

Gladiator was a ballsy concept, one that would have done very well.

I highly doubt it will ever happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #70
Bionicrooster
2010 JK Wrangler 

Its funny. When the YJ came out people called it the "yuppie Jeep and said it was too refined. And when the TJ came out people said it was too car like. And now we hear it about the JK, probably the most capable of them all off road :-)
Unread 05-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #71
Stickman89

Sick I want one bad
Stickman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #72
brentonjeepfitz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just build a brute
brentonjeepfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #73
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

MOPAR Nukizer is my answer!

Have you guys seen this beaut being tested by MOPAR Development?! It's called the Nukizer 715 Kaiser Concept. You can see the parts borrowed from the JK with an AEV Brute bed to create this awesome machine!

Here's the info:

Jeep Nukizer 715 Kaiser

The Nukizer 715 pays homage to the military-spec Kaiser M-715 truck from the 1960s and is a customizer’s dream. Mopar took a military-issue, four-door J8 and extended the wheelbase an extra 8 inches from 116 to 124 inches. The truck box was sourced from AEV and the front end was completely altered with a new front clip to resemble the M-715. The drivetrain has also been beefed up with heavy-duty axles and custom driveshafts.
Vehicle information:
Engine: 2.8-liter turbodiesel I-4
Transmission: Four-speed automatic
Overall height: 75.2 inches
Overall width: 78.6 inches
Wheelbase: 124 inches
Weight: 4500 pounds
Tires: 38 x 14.50-R17 BF Goodrich KM2

YouTube - Mopar Underground 2010 Moab Lineup
YouTube - Jeep® Nukizer 715 Concept Hits the Moab Dunes

I'd take this over the Gladiator any day!!!
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #74
OUarmy2012
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If i had the money i'd buy that or convert my tj to a truck bed in a heart beat.
OUarmy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #75
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Rob/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Rob/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
The Gladiator would be the perfect replacement for my extended cab Ranger. Plus is looks a hundred times better. Seems like a better idea to make both back doors full size though. Would love it if they offered it in a non luxury model. Manual everything. Of course they should have the luxury option also. I've never bought a new vehicle in my life and don't plan to in the future, but there's a first for everything.
jeep_gladiator_concept-_2005.jpg  

Last edited by Rob K; 07-19-2010 at 06:42 PM..
Rob K is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.