Jeep Gladiator Concept - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeep Gladiator Concept

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
White92
1984 CJ7 

Jeep Gladiator Concept

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...iatorfront.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...tor_2005_1.jpg

Anyone know anything about this jeep? I think it is a good idea, but I hope it is not going to be a luxury "truck".

White92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by White92
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...iatorfront.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...tor_2005_1.jpg

Anyone know anything about this jeep? I think it is a good idea, but I hope it is not going to be a luxury "truck".

all i've heard from at the dealership level is that while they have had a really good response to it, it's doubtful it will be made because they don't have a current 'platform' for it. i would think that the Unlimited with maybe a stretched frame, if needed, would work but i'm no engineer.

of everything i've seen as far as a concept vehicle, the Gladiator is the only one that would have me trading in my 06 Unlimited!!!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:41 AM   #3
Tyork_tex

I've been told they are not going to build it because it will compete with the dakota for sales. My opinion is that this is aimed at a completely different buyer. People get a dakota wanting a small truck with the ability to occasionaly haul stuff and maybe go offroad. People buy a jeep truck to do all that and go aynwhere.
Tyork_tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
iaml3lue
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White92

use the img code on photobucket
d30/8.25
automatic
iaml3lue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

If they make one with the diesel engine I'd be all over it.

Early YJ Club, Member #1, Check out our group: Early YJ Club

Quote:
Epic adventures usually start with something like: "I was looking at a topo map..."
www.matanzasjeepclub.com
madmax79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
DTrem08
1996 ZJ 

I'd buy one, thats for sure
**KOR Radiator Support, IRO 3.5" lift, 31/10.5/15" Maxxis Bighorns on 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's, JKS Bar Pin Eliminators, KOR Light Bar, 4 Black KC HiLites, Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown/no tailpipe, OME Steering Stabilizer, Black KOR square rock sliders
**If youve seen it around CT or know about it, PM me
DTrem08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
IMYY4U
2008 JK Wrangler 

I heard it's just a Prototype for now and the marketers aren't sure whether to penetrate the market with this vehicle.

I like it alot though, except it's a bit to slick/suave.
IMYY4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #8
jeep-n00b

I would also trade my '06 unlimited for this. I wish they would build it. This would be by far the coolest looking truck on the market if they did.
jeep-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #9
CowardRubi06

To be quite honest, i'm not a fan of bigger trucks...but I would drive a hemi or cummins powered Gladiator any day
Unread 07-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #10
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

An unsourced article over at CarJunky.com has all sorts of facts about the long-rumored Jeep Gladiator pickup going into production and being available in early 2008. The article is long on "facts" and short on sources, so we're not really sure what to make of it. On one hand, it could be a major scoop, but on the other hand, it could be the late-night ramblings of a crazy guy with a keyboard.

copy and paste this into your browser to view the article:

http://news.carjunky.com/2008-jeep-g...t-cde714.shtml
SoCal_HEMIHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #11
Burbo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_HEMIHead
An unsourced article over at CarJunky.com has all sorts of facts about the long-rumored Jeep Gladiator pickup going into production and being available in early 2008. The article is long on "facts" and short on sources, so we're not really sure what to make of it. On one hand, it could be a major scoop, but on the other hand, it could be the late-night ramblings of a crazy guy with a keyboard.

copy and paste this into your browser to view the article:

http://news.carjunky.com/2008-jeep-g...t-cde714.shtml

To add to what SoCal_HEMIHead posted I have seen first hand three test trucks. They look like the new JK unlimited minus the rear doors. I have seen them in three different set ups. Full hard top, topless and also with a hard half top (similar to the old CJ8) The hard top was a solid piece of glass along the side similar to the TJ unlimited. The topless one had roll bars all the way to the rear but they looked different then the unlimited. I am hoping to snap a picture of them soon. I haven't had the chance to catch them in time.
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #12
fatjeepkid

Would be very sweet. I would buy one of these over a wrangler if I could get all the same options as a rubicon. It would be great to have that bed space as well as the off road capabilities of the wrangler!
fatjeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #13
joshcj7

I would definately buy this if they came out with it. However, it would need to have a removable top
joshcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #14
CowardRubi06

An almost fullsize, that makes up for it's size and height disadvantage with unmatched offroad performance.......
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
Kennedy
2008 KK Liberty 

Let me do some research and see if I have a contact working at chrylser. My dad builds the North american car show in Detroit I have met alot of people over the years I maybe be able to find out.
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.