Jeep Better Listen Up... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Jeep Better Listen Up...

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #31
Jeepsman
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiJeep View Post
I feel like the new jeeps are getting too fancy. As much as I love the look inside and out, they're getting too soft. Jeeps were always meant to look hard and rugged not fancy and pretty.
Isn't the whole purpose of a Jeep is to preform well in/with rugged terrain/tasks? Whether it's intensive labor work to off-roading, they get the task done.

Unread 12-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #32
sealrockswell
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiJeep View Post
I feel like the new jeeps are getting too fancy. As much as I love the look inside and out, they're getting too soft. Jeeps were always meant to look hard and rugged not fancy and pretty.
Here is the point that seems to escape most everyone. Like it or not jeep is no longer owned by willies & hasn't been for quite some time. It is owned by good old cut from the same cloth corporate America & good old cut from the same cloth corporate America is goin to do what good old cut from the same cloth corporate America has always done. Fight, cheat, lie, steal, beg, borrow and kill to stay at the top.

Chrysler sold out to Mercedes well before the merger with Fiat so I don't know why everyone is acting so surprised their designs have sold out right along with the pride of the company. The one thing we should all agree upon is Chrysler sold out well before either merger.

That being said the Jeep brand is in a difficult position. They are being forced to evolve with the market or face being left behind. I agree Jeep has started to sell out their brand for chrome trim and soft leather but on the other hand, the name jeep still survives. I don't know which is worse, watching them sell out or watching the brand die a slow death.
sealrockswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #33
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

WK2s are lame. WK are awesome looking
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #34
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91
WK2s are lame. WK are awesome looking
You can keep your Mercedes look alike ,and I will keep my wk2 with its more fine jeep lines ? The older JGC,s all had nice box like lines like the wk2 ! They are all sweet jeep
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 12:44 AM   #35
ChiJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsman View Post
Isn't the whole purpose of a Jeep is to preform well in/with rugged terrain/tasks? Whether it's intensive labor work to off-roading, they get the task done.
I personally haven't put a new jeep on the offroads. But looking at the new grand cherokees, Patriots, compass, patriot, etc. if I were to run one through aggressive terrains I feel the whole plastic body of the car would either get cracked or torn off in one good session.
ChiJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #36
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiJeep

I personally haven't put a new jeep on the offroads. But looking at the new grand cherokees, Patriots, compass, patriot, etc. if I were to run one through aggressive terrains I feel the whole plastic body of the car would either get cracked or torn off in one good session.
Yes it could but if you hit sum thing hard ,steel will dint to ;(
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #37
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealrockswell View Post
The one thing we should all agree upon is Chrysler sold out well before either merger.
The KJ Liberty was the only Jeep vehicle under development when Daimler merged with Chrysler. At the time of the Daimler merger all Jeeps in production had solid axles front and rear. I am not of the opinion that Chrysler sold out before the merger.
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #38
Bionicrooster
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjinsaanich View Post
I never said I didn't love my TJ... I simply said that I strip it down because I didn't care for all the plastic inside and care even less for the JK because on the later it's even more pronounced including the front fenders and most of the bumpers. I have seen many of them tearing those plastic parts offloading. But both these models are quite good machines even stock requiring not much more then good tires to be very formidable off-road machines compare to other vehicles... But I still wish that Jeep would look at making a basic, no frills
off-road ready vehicle similar to what they would make for the military...

The plastic fenders are one of my favorite things about the JK's. I tore my front drivers side off twice now. Buy a few dollars worth of plastic clips, and put it right back on. Couldn't do that on a TJ. In my opinion the JK is pretty much a stripped down off road ready vehicle. Unless you buy the Sahara
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #39
sealrockswell
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
The KJ Liberty was the only Jeep vehicle under development when Daimler merged with Chrysler. At the time of the Daimler merger all Jeeps in production had solid axles front and rear. I am not of the opinion that Chrysler sold out before the merger.
While I respect your opinion i am afraid it doesn't carry much weight. You may want to do a little note research on the subject. The merger originally took place in 1998 and lasted until 2007, well before the Liberty ever hit the drawing boards.

The Chrysler crossfire was the first to debut followed by the Dodge sprinter an Jeep GC. My 07 GCSRT8 has a Benz transmission and my wife's 06 grand has Benz all over it. Where do you think the tiptronic 4 matic technology came from? If you're under the impression the Liberty(one of the worst Jeep concepts to date) is all Diamler brought to the table you are quite mistaken.
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #40
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealrockswell View Post
While I respect your opinion i am afraid it doesn't carry much weight. You may want to do a little note research on the subject. The merger originally took place in 1998 and lasted until 2007, well before the Liberty ever hit the drawing boards.

The Chrysler crossfire was the first to debut followed by the Dodge sprinter an Jeep GC. My 07 GCSRT8 has a Benz transmission and my wife's 06 grand has Benz all over it. Where do you think the tiptronic 4 matic technology came from? If you're under the impression the Liberty(one of the worst Jeep concepts to date) is all Diamler brought to the table you are quite mistaken.
I guess I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I took it that you meant that Chrysler sold out before the Daimler merger by no longer developing real Jeeps. And I replied that the 2002 KJ Liberty was the only Jeep vehicle that was really undergoing development in 1998. (It can take 3-4 years to develop a vehicle)
So any of the Mercedes parts that showed up in 2006 and 2007 Jeeps were due to Daimler's control of Chrysler and not because Chrysler sold out before the Daimler merger.
Before the Daimler merger Chrysler continued with the XJ, developed the TJ and the WJ. Those were all solid axle designs so I'm not sure where the selling out (pre-merger) occurred?
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #41
sealrockswell
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
I guess I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I took it that you meant that Chrysler sold out before the Daimler merger by no longer developing real Jeeps. And I replied that the 2002 KJ Liberty was the only Jeep vehicle that was really undergoing development in 1998. (It can take 3-4 years to develop a vehicle)
So any of the Mercedes parts that showed up in 2006 and 2007 Jeeps were due to Daimler's control of Chrysler and not because Chrysler sold out before the Daimler merger.
Before the Daimler merger Chrysler continued with the XJ, developed the TJ and the WJ. Those were all solid axle designs so I'm not sure where the selling out (pre-merger) occurred?
I guess I misunderstood what you were saying as well. My original point was the Chrysler corporation has been struggling for some time & they have had to evolve and adapt with the changing market. When I say "sold out" I am referring to them doing whatever it takes to stay in business. This was in reference to a member voicing their distaste for jeep no longe being rugged.
Unread 01-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #42
spazzedface
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jeep produced the WK2 because they needed something that could compete with the nice land rovers of today. Yeah, the Independent suspension sucks, but 95% of WK2's won't ever go off road anyway. Chrysler really threw everything they had at the WK2. I'm fine with Jeep producing whatever they need to stay in business as long as the keep the Wrangler solid axle. Go test drive an overland, and tell me you wouldn't like having one as a daily driver.

In the past we had a 2006 srt8, and we test drove a 2012 srt8 a few weeks ago. For whatever reason, the wouldn't me drive it being 16 , but even sitting in the passenger seat getting on the curvy highway on ramp at full throttle you could could feel how much stiffer the chassis was and how much better it handled.
spazzedface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #43
sealrockswell
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzedface View Post
Jeep produced the WK2 because they needed something that could compete with the nice land rovers of today. Yeah, the Independent suspension sucks, but 95% of WK2's won't ever go off road anyway. Chrysler really threw everything they had at the WK2. I'm fine with Jeep producing whatever they need to stay in business as long as the keep the Wrangler solid axle. Go test drive an overland, and tell me you wouldn't like having one as a daily driver.

In the passed we had a 2006 srt8, and we test drove a 2012 srt8 a few weeks ago. For whatever reason, the wouldn't me drive it being 16 , but even sitting in the passenger seat getting on the curvy highway on ramp at full throttle you could could feel how much stiffer the chassis was and how much better it handled.
I support jeep staying in business as well and agree they should do whatever they want to the GC if they stay true to the wrangler, which they have so far. In regards to the 2012 GCSRT8 I drove one at drivesrt and it handles much the same as my 07 GCSRT8. A whole lot of hype but essentially the same vehicle with a new shell. Speaking of the new shell I like the older body better..speaking exclusively for the SRT model. The new body of the GC looks amazing on the Laredo, Limited and Overland I just prefer the menacing look and center aligned dual exhaust of the 06-10 SRT. Either way, I am a jeep guy for life and they continue to impress I'm just voicing my opinion if we are getting into specifics
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #44
spazzedface
2009 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE=sealrockswell;12778342]The new body of the GC looks amazing on the Laredo, Limited and Overland I just prefer the menacing look and center aligned dual exhaust of the 06-10 SRT. /QUOTE]

I agree the styling of the old SRT8 is much more aggressive and better looking IMO. But the better handling may of been an illusion due to how hard my Dad was pushing it on the test drive. The pirelli's were screaming, the back end was starting to step out, and the salesman was freaking out.
spazzedface is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.