interesting new jeep concept (trailhawk) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > interesting new jeep concept (trailhawk)

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #16
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

I just recently saw it at the NY Auto Show at the Jacob Javits. That thing is sweet man. Best thing about it, STOCK 33's. They're wrapped aroung something like 20" or 22" rims, but throw some mudders and som smaller rims...no more lifty. I couldn't get the pic of the front because there were to many people surrounding it, as soon as I get my pics up I'll post 'em.

The open air concept of the trailhawk is interesting. Theres no B-pillars and the large windows are changed to come off or roll down, I forget, so it has the "open air feel" of a Wrangler, wouldn't be the same I guess. I'm sure the production model wouldn't be so bling blingy.

This would be the truck I get if it comes out. It might very well be the new Grand.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #17
betorok
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Back to Basics

I agree, flashy, but it's just a concept. Concepts help inspire innovation for the future. Personally, it looks like a sports car on steroids.
Unread 01-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #18
Erek.Smith
1995 ZJ 

I don't like the new stereo at all. It just makes things harder when trading it out for an aftermarket setup. Why does everything have to be so futuristic?

We still don't have flying cars, yet... And I know this is a concept, but still.
Essential gear for America's heroes
Erek.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #19
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Nothing New...

Hello! This concept premiered last January! Here's my thread I started:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f118/jeep-trailhawk-concept-355729/

A whole slew of pics:

And here's my version:
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2008, 02:57 AM   #20
fastredjeep
1986 XJ Cherokee 

I doubt that will ever make it into production.

Looks like a big Chrysler PT Cruiser with a Jeep badge and some UGLY styling.

Where is Jeep taking themselves???
[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Black Jeep Club member #127[/FONT][/B]
fastredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #21
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredjeep
I doubt that will ever make it into production.

Looks like a big Chrysler PT Cruiser with a Jeep badge and some UGLY styling.

Where is Jeep taking themselves???
PT Cruiser? I don't see it. This could easily be the next Grand Cherokee, but obviously the production version would be toned down. I imagine the wheels/tires would be the first to go, as well as the fenders and weird rocker treatment. I would hope the roof line would change, opening up the windows, so it wouldn't suffer from the H3's small window syndrome. It's also built on the JK platform, which is supposed to have future applications, and utilizes the CRD and transmission from the WK. Put my PhotoChop next to the WJ and WK and you can easily see the transition. Although if you thought it looks like a PT Cruiser...
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:04 AM   #22
Grimscale
2011 JK Wrangler 

I don't like it.
Looks "unfinished", like a lot of the new designs. Everything is sharp angles, strict demarcation between panels, and enhancing it to the point of mutantism.
It's like the difference between the '02 Dakota and the '05. the newer ones look like the sculptor forgot to finish it.

And none of these pictures prove it has a solid front axle, and there looks to be very little room for wheel travel.

Definite mall crawler.
Grimscale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #23
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

holy thread revival batman. haha. i still think this thing would be an awesome addition to the jeep line. it is built off the JK chassis I believe so I think it has front and rear solid axles.

Granted some of the lines are a little funky. But again this is a concept. not only that its already almost a year or a year and a half and theres been nothing said about it. it'll probably be one of those that come out in ten years or one that ideas get melded into other vehicles.

for me, if they molded the rear section a bit better, like straighter it'd look better. and obviously get rid of those street queen sneakers and put some m/t's or at least beefy a/t's. As far as powertrain goes, i see locked Dana 44 front and rear (on a 4 or 5 link coiled suspension) with the 6.1 Hemi. Bulletproof trans (i dunno the new transmissions) and a fully selectable T/C, similar to the ZJs, WJs and XJs.

The exterior 17" rims and 33" tires (already stock). An integrated hitch behind the front fascia and the cable coming out of the slot. Those two little hook things would be real tow hooks. Straighten the rear hatch area and window so it doesn't have have the chopped and channeled look and thus raising the rood line (looks like the visibility its bad). Put real taillights in it to match my black paint and change that ugly ginormous Jeep logo to something smaller.

But again its a concept so
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #24
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimscale
And none of these pictures prove it has a solid front axle, and there looks to be very little room for wheel travel.

Definite mall crawler.
Of course you can't tell in the pictures, but Jeep released all of the specs on it, and it's built on the JK Wrangler Unlimited chassis, touting 2 solid axles. It also has the diesel from the WK.

Again, this is a CONCEPT, where design cues for future models come from. I'm guessing the next-gen Grand won't look just like this, but may have some of the elements, like the front facia. I love the front end. It looks mean!
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #25
severous01

wow, it's an angry grand cherokee....must be pissed they are calling his little brother a 'patriot' now...instead of cherokee. but hey, new IFS and IRS is all good to me....not...it should be called something other than a cherokee. give me solid axles or keep the dam thing.
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #26
estinson
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think it is pretty bad ***! I just saw it here at the Denver Auto show, and man was it cool!!!
estinson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #27
KB27

i say HIDEOUS
KB27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #28
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Resurrect ancient threads much?
Pathkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.