If you ran Jeep... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > If you ran Jeep...

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #61
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Id bring back the xj and plop it on a solid frame this time, with a rubicon option!!!!

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #62
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

sell the company and move to the tropics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #63
Condor1970

Actually, the new Liberty frame ('08) is super strong. It would be interesting to give the new Liberty the older 4.0L I-6 with an alternating 3 cylinder (2.0L) econo-firing sequence for highway, a 5-6sp tranny, Front AND Rear independent suspension like a Humvee, with some heavy duty CV's. And give it a slight all-around lift with more of a level stance.

Also, a side air intake in front of the drivers window, which could be flipped open and a snorkel attached and locked/ratcheted on like a gas cap, then clipped onto the window frame to secure it, without needing special tools to attach it.

Also, I really like the rear mounted tire. I wish there was away to get that back on the new liberty.

Last edited by Condor1970; 09-22-2011 at 12:58 AM..
Condor1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #64
Condor1970

Also, I'd love to have free reign on designing a new rear door for the Liberty.

1. I would go back to the rear mounted tire design, but redesign the door so it doesn't swing out into the middle of traffic. I would mount the tire low enough on the door, so you could open the top half of the door/window like it is now, but with the lower half still shut.

2. I would redesign the rear bumper to accomedate the lower tire. Sort of make the middle part rounded for the tire to fit.

3. Then, I would redesign the rear door to be a bi-folding door, that folds outward with the tire attached, and the lower part of the door riding on a track to keep it secure when openning/closing.

4. And finally, I would then make the inside floor compartment much deeper to give more storage space for boots and such.

I would then promptly axe the new CUV Liberty design, and tell the soccer Mom's to enjoy a real SUV.
Condor1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #65
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would produce the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, and Compass. Other than the Grand I would keep the ammenities simple with the exception of available electronics (peps love that ****, I don't).

Wrangler; I would keep it simple and hardcore. I would offer a longer wheelbase 2-dr like the TJ Unlimiteds. I would offer a clean diesel.

Grand; they did a pretty nice job on the re-design. I'd offer a clean diesel.

Patriot; I would change into more of the old Cherokee SUV. Keep the hard lines, but add a little more off-road capability.

Compass; I'd totally re-design this with harder classic Jeep lines and make it a direct competitor to the Subaru Impreza WRX. Turbo 4-cyl., all-wheel drive, 4-dr sedan or hatchback, minimalist ammenities available.

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #66
jeepeexj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If I ran jeep everyone on jeep forum would get free jeeps
jeepeexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #67
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Put the JK8 into full production. Done.
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #68
FaaipdeOiad
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravobravo
id put self desruction systems on them that went off when rver large wheels (18"+) and lowprofile tires were put on the vehicle.

bring the wrangler back to more tradtional proportions and grill (tj/cj tub width) have a v8 and diesel option with a better automatic. marine grade eletronics and no more plastic where metal should be. standard 50cal mount in rear. oh and have carpet as an option for people that want future rust, linex would be standard.

have a truck (perhaps call it a j10) that comes standard with a 44 rear and small cummins (44 standard front fro 4wd models). the renegade (no more sahara or rubicons in any jeep just standard and renegade) would have arb air lockers and oba from the factory.

have a scrambler version of the unlimited (id scrap the four door)

keep baby grand and grand except make them really stand out from the rest of the suvs out there.

make jeeps much more affordable.

and offer factory installed lifts, beadlocks ,bumpers and winches.
^ THIS ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeexj
If I ran jeep everyone on jeep forum would get free jeeps
and ^ THIS ^

Also...
Keep producing the WJ and XJ!!!!!!!
S*** is getting too "classy"

Thrust the Hurricane into production. If no one wanted to buy them, I'd keep them all to myself.
FaaipdeOiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #69
Wolfie

Ik i posted some where in here before. But i got a new idea. Id start making more Diesel options. Id bring back the XJ on a full frame with maybe a 4 or 5 cyl turbo diesel. I know jeep has a diesel. But id make a few more. With different abilities. Like more fuel economy less power, more power less fuel economy, and then 1 in the middle.

Id also make some more offroad type packages. Or atleast more options for people that live in the mountains, snow-pocalypse areas, and any where else they are needed. Plus for the people that like taking new jeeps offroad.

Idk just some more ideas i had
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #70
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy813 View Post
1. drop every jeep model besides the cherokees and wranglers

2. stop using torx!

3. d44's in rear of all jeeps

4. i6 or diesel only for motor choices

5. still offer the tj body style

just a few things i can think of
x2
Aaron0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #71
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Keep the 4dr Wrangler. give it upgrade otions the same way they do with cars. V8 and diesel. it sells, dont get rid of a seller

grand cherokee - #1 suv out there. keep it as is.

Liberty - small suv, again it sells so why mess with it. possibly create a van model on it. alot of companies are looking at vans for various projects. ford has that new metrovan (POS) and its great in the city, but on the backroads its crap. a 4x4 van would sell in mountain and country states.

get rid of the others. they are not selling

create the wrangler truck version. most truck makers are getting rid of their small trucks. there is still a market there that will go unfilled. now would be the time to push in and take it over. same with wrangler, give it engine options

thats 4 models with various options. and each one corners the market in its class.

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #72
LostJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Move Jeep home pull away from fiat and every other company. Then get back to the Basics of what Americas want not what will sell over seas.
LostJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #73
beber
2005 WK 

If I ran Jeep there would be 4 model lines, Full Size SUV, Mid Size SUV, Compact SUV, and Wrangler

Wrangler- Available in 2 door, Unlimited 4 door, and reg cab pickup version based on the unlimited

Full Size- Bring Back the Wagoneer based on the Ram 1500 platform

Mid Size-Keep the Jeep Grand Cherokee as is, except add a diesel option

Compact- Bring back the Cherokee name, make a basic SUV with decent HP, and real 4wd capability, (basicaly what the Patriot should have been)

Eliminate the current- Liberty, Compass and Patriot lines
beber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #74
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Let's make this simple. How about the guy/girl who really does run Jeep simply reads the Jeep Forum. Make the fixes based on our feedback! I mean, I've seen some great ideas in here and all automakers seem like they never get the message.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #75
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper6413 View Post
Let's make this simple. How about the guy/girl who really does run Jeep simply reads the Jeep Forum. Make the fixes based on our feedback! I mean, I've seen some great ideas in here and all automakers seem like they never get the message.
You mean Manley?
Quote:
So we have to be able to address the broadest population within that segment, which means that we have to use and think of technology in innovative ways. For us to be able to truly create a Jeep with this technology, with the technology required, but also keep up with the increase in requirements for better fuel economy, better on-road handling or lower noise levels.
On the Liberty replacement.

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/chry...ke-manley.html

In other words, get rid of mechanical based traction aids and compliant suspensions that keep the wheels on the ground and use brake based traction control to try to keep it moving forward when only on wheel can touch the ground.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.