If you ran Jeep... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > If you ran Jeep...

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
JeepGuy813
1997 TJ Wrangler 

1. Drop EVERY jeep model besides the Cherokees and Wranglers

2. Stop using torx!

3. D44's in rear of all jeeps

4. I6 or diesel only for motor choices

5. Still offer the TJ body style

Just a few things I can think of

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ = [COLOR="Red"][B]SOLD TO PARENTS[/B][/COLOR]

1997 Jeep Wrangler Tj = [COLOR="RED"][B]SOLD[/COLOR][/B] and missed alot
JeepGuy813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #32
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Alas TJ and I6 are gone forever, thanks to Uncle Sam.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #33
-Zona-

Keep Wranglers the same, but include a V8 as part of the Rubicon package.

Create a light truck similar to the Gladiator, but the Gladiator Rubicon would be a V8 and have a solid front axle. The base Gladiator would be more of a PreRunner type to compete with the Taco and Frontier.

Get rid of the Compass and replace it with the Panda or a Sami-knockoff.

Get rid of the Patriot.

Keep the GC, but make the Overland package have less luxury and more Rubicon-esque features.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #34
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zona- View Post
Create a light truck similar to the Gladiator, but the Gladiator Rubicon would be a V8 and have a solid front axle. The base Gladiator would be more of a PreRunner type to compete with the Taco and Frontier.
the Gladiator is cool, but ever since I saw the Nukizor, nothing else comes close.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #35
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

here goes, probably wouldn't last a day in the job.

1. Keep JK body style both 2 and 4 door but have a lot of affordable dealer options, flat fenders, etc

2. Make J8 milspec and JT trucks available in US with Hemi V8 and 2.8L CRD engine options

3. Take the 2001 XJ Cherokee design, freshen it up a tiny bit, thrown in the pentastar engine and give government regulations the middle finger. Produce it anyways and say **** off.

4. Produce Gladiator Pickup in 1/2 and 1 ton versions

5. Leave WK2 as is with the exception of transfer case and solid axles.

6. Compass Rally pack. Functional upgrade, not just stickers and crap.

Mainly tell the Government that we are going to do what we want and they can suck it.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #36
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

This will be fun.

First thing is to make the vehicles easy to work on. No stupid stuff. Simple and indestructible. Agreed, no torx. A real basic tool kit would be all you need to fix most things.

Second thing is to do away with mainstream body style trend where all makes look similar. Go back to the square look that set Jeep apart.

Third would be to offer simple and inexpensive base packages and let the person making the purchase decide how many luxuries they want added. More choices for engine and drive train. This would involve having only about a half dozen vehicles and offering more in options or customization.

Fourth build a website for customer feedback. Somewhere where people can have input to future designs. Somewhere they can vote yay or nay on concept vehicles. This would give a better idea of what the customer base is looking for.

As far as the current line up I would be inclined to drop a bomb on everything, push it in a hole and start over. Realistically there would be a transition and updates. This would be my changes to the current Jeep lineup. Platforms would be:

Wrangler/Brute

Unlimited&XJ combo/Gladiator Concept

Patriot(Change the name) Designed to be even more fuel efficient and have a body style more like the XJ. Got to have a DD for long distances.

That's about it. That's only five vehicles. What else?

Nukizer/XJ That would be a fun platform
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #37
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducksguts View Post
here goes, probably wouldn't last a day in the job.

Mainly tell the Government that we are going to do what we want and they can suck it.

This is all fine and dandy until you can't sell anything because the government won't let customers register them or insurance companies won't insure them (because of govt pressure, no doubt).
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #38
onedemented2
1996 ZJ 

run away from chrysler and rename AMC score a deal with the govt. to make military spec vehicles. diesel power, v8's, i6's only need cherokees and wranglers bring back the solid axle grandcherokees
onedemented2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #39
Billy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wranger Hemi.
Unread 04-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #40
benflagg
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wrangler- no change except for added option of a modular hardtop with removable windows/sides

Grand Cherokee--just fine the way it is

Cherokee--bring it back something very similar to the what the xj was with a more up to date spec

Pick Up-- possibly something not in a full sized flavor but still with a v8

Offer diesel as an option accross the entire range

ANYTHING ELSE------KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!! These are the only vehicles that fit with the brand Identity

one more thing....F CAFE

Last edited by benflagg; 06-17-2011 at 11:34 AM..
benflagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #41
bravobravo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

id put self desruction systems on them that went off when rver large wheels (18"+) and lowprofile tires were put on the vehicle.

bring the wrangler back to more tradtional proportions and grill (tj/cj tub width) have a v8 and diesel option with a better automatic. marine grade eletronics and no more plastic where metal should be. standard 50cal mount in rear. oh and have carpet as an option for people that want future rust, linex would be standard.

have a truck (perhaps call it a j10) that comes standard with a 44 rear and small cummins (44 standard front fro 4wd models). the renegade (no more sahara or rubicons in any jeep just standard and renegade) would have arb air lockers and oba from the factory.

have a scrambler version of the unlimited (id scrap the four door)

keep baby grand and grand except make them really stand out from the rest of the suvs out there.

make jeeps much more affordable.

and offer factory installed lifts, beadlocks ,bumpers and winches.

removed for stirring the pot
bravobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #42
jeep84don

Resurrect the CJ-7!
jeep84don is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #43
Jeepsman
2005 KJ Liberty 

I'd try to not have duplicate vehicles, such as the Compass and Patriot. Since Jeep wants to expand, I'd try to offer a vehicle for each market. Of course, all of these would be off-road capable and have Solid front and rear axles. Diesel should be an option.

Jeep Car/Baby Wrangler: It would probably be a two seater, removable top, and stylized to look like a smaller Jeep Jeepster.

Wrangler: I'd bring it back to either the TJ or CJ style and put the i6 back in. If someone wants better MPG, they could use one of the other Jeeps such as the Jeep Car.

Jeep Liberty/Cherokee: I would either bring back the high selling Cherokee or fix up the Liberty. Of course, I'm a fan of the original Liberty design. If the former were done, I'd essentially leave it the same as it sold well even at it's departure in 2001. It doesn't need to be luxurious as we have the GC. If the latter, I'd get the original Liberty, as I previously said, and then add a solid front axle. I'd also make it weigh less, as it really shouldn't be as heavy as it is. Both of these vehicles would be an alternative options for the Wrangler; those who want more space and slightly better MPG.

Jeep (smaller) Pickup: If the Cherokee were re-released, I'd have the MJ make a return. The MJ was a smaller pickup and I'll keep it that way. There needs to be options such as an extended bed and a v8.

Jeep (bigger) Pickup: Due to the Wrangler's Body-on-Frame design and easy modding, I'd make a CJ8 with options such as an extended bed. There is also a need for a V8. These trucks will be bigger than the MJs I previously described. Think the MJ as the Dakota and the CJ8 as Ram.

Jeep Grand Cherokee: This is a hard one, I believe the new luxury GC is selling well. But I am not a fan of it. But I guess it doesn't hurt having some luxury piece(s) in Jeep?

Jeep Wagoneer: This is a seven seater. As we know, the Wagoneer was a family luxury car back in it's day. Therefore, I guess I'd have it following it's ancestor. Of course, I would make it look like the original Wagoneer, not the mockups where it has some Durango touch.

All of these need to have metal, not plastic. This means no plastic bumpers or grills! They all also need 4wd, and not the kind that my Liberty has where you can only drive it on wet pavement. >:|
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #44
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsman View Post
I'd try to not have duplicate vehicles, such as the Compass and Patriot. Since Jeep wants to expand, I'd try to offer a vehicle for each market. Of course, all of these would be off-road capable and have Solid front and rear axles. Diesel should be an option.

Jeep Car/Baby Wrangler: It would probably be a two seater, removable top, and stylized to look like a smaller Jeep Jeepster.

Wrangler: I'd bring it back to either the TJ or CJ style and put the i6 back in. If someone wants better MPG, they could use one of the other Jeeps such as the Jeep Car.

Jeep Liberty/Cherokee: I would either bring back the high selling Cherokee or fix up the Liberty. Of course, I'm a fan of the original Liberty design. If the former were done, I'd essentially leave it the same as it sold well even at it's departure in 2001. It doesn't need to be luxurious as we have the GC. If the latter, I'd get the original Liberty, as I previously said, and then add a solid front axle. I'd also make it weigh less, as it really shouldn't be as heavy as it is. Both of these vehicles would be an alternative options for the Wrangler; those who want more space and slightly better MPG.

Jeep (smaller) Pickup: If the Cherokee were re-released, I'd have the MJ make a return. The MJ was a smaller pickup and I'll keep it that way. There needs to be options such as an extended bed and a v8.

Jeep (bigger) Pickup: Due to the Wrangler's Body-on-Frame design and easy modding, I'd make a CJ8 with options such as an extended bed. There is also a need for a V8. These trucks will be bigger than the MJs I previously described. Think the MJ as the Dakota and the CJ8 as Ram.

Jeep Grand Cherokee: This is a hard one, I believe the new luxury GC is selling well. But I am not a fan of it. But I guess it doesn't hurt having some luxury piece(s) in Jeep?

Jeep Wagoneer: This is a seven seater. As we know, the Wagoneer was a family luxury car back in it's day. Therefore, I guess I'd have it following it's ancestor. Of course, I would make it look like the original Wagoneer, not the mockups where it has some Durango touch.

All of these need to have metal, not plastic. This means no plastic bumpers or grills! They all also need 4wd, and not the kind that my Liberty has where you can only drive it on wet pavement. >:|
Now this is good well thought out and plausible plan

I like the idea of V8's and Truck's after all pickup trucks have been a big part of Jeep since Willys/Jeep up to early Chrysler/Jeep

Mike

1982 AM-Jeep J-5500 / 1988 AM-Jeep MJ-343 / 1992 GTA Trans AM / 2007 Honda Rubicon.
AMCSportTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #45
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

For Jeep/truck's i would do a compact unit midsize unit and a fullsize unit, Now as to apease RAM I'd make the Jeep's fun n sporty instead of grunts

Compass great keep it Patroit SUV gets replaced with Patroit truck.

Compact/truck:
Jeep Patroit lil'light duty T100/D21 scale truck basically a driver, 2.5L I4 gas or 3.0L V6 diesel, 4spd auto or 5spd manual.

Midsized/Truck:
add a Wrangler truck variant or add a Liberty truck variant, 3.6L V6 gas, 3.OL V6 diesel V8 4.7L gas, 4spd auto or 5spd manual.

Fullsized/truck:
Full framed shortbed stepside truck, D60/D60 5.7L-Hemi/4.5L I6-CTD, and 5spd auto 6spd manual(base), D70/D70 8.3L-V10/6.7L I6-CTD, and 6spd manual, 6spd auto (performance) . . .

Over built for "going fast" yet offer trailer hitching n brakes for all 3 levels
Mike

1982 AM-Jeep J-5500 / 1988 AM-Jeep MJ-343 / 1992 GTA Trans AM / 2007 Honda Rubicon.
AMCSportTruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.