If you ran Jeep...
Post what you would do. I'm inspired by the recent issue of JP. Lets see how quickly this become a bash Chrysler fest, with lineups full of stripped down gas guzzlers. Anyways, here's mine:
1. Wrangler - basically keep as is (assuming Pentastar in 2012). No need for a Hemi, diesel would be cool, but I doubt it would add any sales. Add a diesel for the next gen (2017-ish) - might be expensive, but it will be fuel efficient, and help with CAFE. Diesel is not worth it now with the addition of the Pentastar, 5 years into a product. Oh, have OBA optional on all models.
2. Grand Cherokee - keep as is, it's new.
3. Liberty - replaced by a Cherokee based on the 4 door Wrangler. Take the JK chassis, add a body that looks like a XJ Cherokee. It has a fixed roof and part time 4WD to differentiate from the Wrangler.
4. Commander - already dead, no need to kill it again.
5. Patriot - dead. Possibly replaced by a small, cheap Samurai type vehicle with a trubo 4 cyl. Would need to do research to determine if enough demand.
6. Compass - Make it look like the concept, available as a shooting brake and wagon. Uses a turbo charged 4 cyl longitudinally mounted with 250-ish hp. When money allows, develop symmetrical AWD transmission like the Subarus have. It's a RWD tranny with a built in diff - excellent weight distribution w/o a t-case like the AWD BMW's and Audi's.
7. Gladiator - JK Unlimited based. Basically it looks just like the concept, but has a shorter wheelbase, and less chrome. Uses Pentastar V6.
8. Renegade/Liberty/Whatever - It's a limited edition pickup based on the WK2, with a small bed. Uses a lifted 4 wheel indep. suspension. Think F150 Raptor, but smaller, fully indep, and with a stick-shift. Powered by either a turbo or supercharged Pentastar, possibly a Hemi.
9. No fullsize trucks. Power Wagon is cool, but it would be too expensive to market it as a Jeep and differentiate it from the Ram. Fullsize trucks aren't especially trail worthy, unless you're in wide open spaces. It would be cool to see the UN drive Jeeps instead of Land Cruisers, but maybe they'll downsize to JK Unlimiteds eventually.
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat