Icon CJ3B - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Icon CJ3B

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Wheel_Power
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Icon CJ3B

I saw this photo gallery for the Icon CJ3B and I thought I would share. Unbelievably cool build.

"It is the embodiment of the idea of a CJ3B, meticulously constructed from modern mechanicals—cut-down Dana 44 axles from the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Fox remote-reservoir coil-over shocks at all four corners (for two feet of wheel travel), four-wheel disc brakes, and a 210-hp, GM 2.4-liter Ecotec four—along with detailing that is obsessively industrial chic."

That things almost too hot to get muddy... Almost.

http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/icon-c...777-slideshow/

Wheel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Jeepsman
2005 KJ Liberty 

Yeah, this has been brought up on the Jeepforum previously. I believe the consensus opinion is that it looks nice, but it's too expensive for us. I agree with it too.
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
USAFRecon

I would have to swap the correct grille on it, wonder what the sticker price on that is.

And yes, I understand Jeep doesn't build it and that's why the grille is different. I just need to see those 7 slots.
USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Wheel_Power
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It starts at $80k.. gulp...

Icon article by NYT.
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
USAFRecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by willaustin View Post
It starts at $80k.. gulp...

Icon article by NYT.
That is ludicrous. I can find one of these on CL or fleaBay or the like for a couple grand, then get the crate from GM for $5K, $2K in axles and done. I can't even touch $80K and I will have a way better rig than what Icon is selling.

But it is still I love it but ain't no way it costs that much to make. Oh well I ain't mad. I can just build it cheaper all I'm sayin.
USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
h20squirter
2012 JK Wrangler 

Though I am sure Icon builds trucks that are plenty capable, they aren't mass producing them, and they aren't building for the average joe like us. they are building for the guy who has more money than he knows what to do with who wants to just write a check and jump in an go, and "look cool" Not saying I would turn down one of their rigs, but short of winning the lotto, I couldn't afford one thats for sure.
Unread 01-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #7
Wheel_Power
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would never pay that if I had it, it's just interesting to see complete overhaul mods, especially if they had an unlimited budget to work with. I'm just looking for cool ideas I can replicate on my limited budget.

I'm looking for ingenuity.

Like this one-of-a-kind SEMA beauty that went for $55,000 at a recent Barrett-Jackson auction. If I had more $ then to know what to do with, I'd search out a build like this, or better yet just build my own.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&aid=443&pop=0
image-506211483.jpg   image-2659940329.jpg   image-503489075.jpg   image-1517955278.jpg  
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Lol all that and no winch!!!???
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
HLawton
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFRecon View Post
I would have to swap the correct grille on it, wonder what the sticker price on that is.

And yes, I understand Jeep doesn't build it and that's why the grille is different. I just need to see those 7 slots.
From what I've previously read, by design an original 7-slot grill will screw into place. Icon can't do it for legal reasons of course. I think if you provide the grill they'll powder coat it to match the rest of the vehicle. All you have to do is install it.

They also make a Land Cruiser and recently started building original Broncos. All with the insane attention to detail as the CJ.
HLawton is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.