Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Hummer H4

23K views 77 replies 54 participants last post by  racingJeep 
#1 ·

Is this the next Hummer? It looks pretty badass, almost has the same style body...
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

See less See more
#2 ·
Ooh, so they're actually going to build the HX? I'd hold out and wait to see how Hummer survives the sale to China, but still...I've never been a fan of the nu-Hummers, but this one...well, it ain't bad. It reminds me of...well, the little Jeep/dune buggy-type vehicle in every sci-fi video game and movie ever. Still, pretty cool. I doubt I'd drive one, but it's still pretty nifty.

#5 ·
I agree with everyone. Its still a hummer but its not as bad as the rest. now if they would only give me one for free i might drive it occasionaly :rofl:

#9 ·
It's not supposed to be a rock crawler. It looks like more of a buggy. I'll take IFS and IRS any day for a higher speed buggy!! Humvees are independent for a reason

#12 ·
It's not supposed to be a rock crawler. It looks like more of a buggy. I'll take IFS and IRS any day for a higher speed buggy!! Humvees are independent for a reason
too bad that isnt a baja IFS setup. instead its just your regular cookie cutter front end

#13 ·
I agree that H4 looks really badass. I love that design. The concept vehicle is on the Hummer website under Hummer World / HX Concept if you want to see more photos.

http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/home.jsp

If it was available right now, I would definitely consider buying one. But I am going to buy a new vehicle before this Hummer is available -- assuming it is ever produced. I will order a completely loaded 2010 Wrangler as soon as dealers begin taking orders.

#15 ·
I think here and here have already covered it pretty well. However, it looks nice for a concept, but we'll never see what it would have looked like as I don't think it will ever get built now.

Oh, yeah, and it still isn't and never will be a Jeep, no matter how much they try to make it one.

#21 ·
+
=
hmmmm:dunno:

#43 ·
They all have one thing in common:

FREAKIN UGLY!

Who would even want to drive that thing. It screams, "I WANT TO BE A JEEP BUT I CAN'T SO I'LL TRY TO BE LIKE A JEEP"

It's ugly, and only rich snobby people will drive it and they'll continue to say, "You only buy a Jeep because you can't afford a hummer!", and my response will always be to them, "I can afford a hummer from your girlfriend" :rofl:

#24 ·
Im sorry but I really don't trust vehicles like the newer FJ Cruiser b/c for one it looks plastic!...most of it is plastic =/. Hummers are too flashy aside from the H1's which are juggernauts but wide as hell and have horrible fuel consumption. Jeep is a happy median.

#25 ·
Plastic is a good thing. It doesn't dent, rust, or puncture as easily as sheetmetal. For example the plastic gas tank on XJs is better than the earlier steel.

Our vehicles should have plastic bodies instead of sheetmetal, with metal frames.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.