JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Future Models & Prototype Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f118/)
-   -   Grand Cherokee , Short Model Year. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f118/grand-cherokee-short-model-year-1385828/)

slow2run 06-26-2012 09:13 AM

Grand Cherokee , Short Model Year.

Grand Cherokee, 013 model year, will run from AUG 012 to Dec 012. The 014 model year starts, on Jan 013. Look for bargain prices On 013 model year GC.

This just in: Jeep to replace all Cylinder Heads in Penstastar engines, because of problems ,on the 2# cylinder head at around 20,000 miles on some engines. All cylinder will be replaced at normal maintenance time, or if you are having problems.

XJ2Timer 06-26-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Several dealers have reported a problem with some Pentastar engines, involving premature cylinder head failure on cylinder number 2.

The issue seems to affect cars with around 20,000 miles, and while it is rare considering the number of these engines produced, it has become an issue for dealerships in some areas due to the lack of readily available service parts.

A fix has been engineered and has reportedly entered production. As tooling is created and tested, revised heads will be used on all engines.
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2012/06/fix-coming-for-rare-pentastar-problem

Revised head to enter production and will be used on all new engines. Not the same as replacing all cylinder heads as you quoted. It also doesn't say which vehicles the problem engines are from. Is it across the board or just one tune for one vehicle? Not saying you are wrong but it helps to provide links to where you read this.

XJ2Timer 06-27-2012 07:29 AM

Some discussion here. Appears to be engines made in Mexico. If this is true and the Trenton built engines are not affected it would be a production issue and not a design issue. And the engines seem to be in more than just Jeeps. Grand Caravan and Journey also.

http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/1...astar-problem/

Jeepie7 08-11-2012 05:58 AM

I did check in with my local dealer this week - they are pushing the 2013's. I have the older (rounded body style) and also heard the 'boxy' front end til 2011 was not popular as the 2011'a forward are more rounded and more popular in regaining market. I did drive a 2013 and they are noteably larger.... noticed it primarily with merging into traffic and visibility not as great as the older ones.

Glad they are responding to what the market wants.

Heliandrew 09-16-2012 05:35 PM

that sucks for 2013 year owners, wonder what jeep will do about it

boilermaker2 09-30-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heliandrew
that sucks for 2013 year owners, wonder what jeep will do about it

They will move on like they have for other models. Is the 2014 a complete re-do? I've seen some spy photos and it does not tell me much. I am, however, excited about the potential diesel offering stateside.

Marauder_Pilot 09-30-2012 09:13 PM

Why would Jeep need to compensate 2013 MY owners any more than any other owner?

Anyways, 2014 is just a refresh for the most part, albeit a big one. Diesel is the biggest change, but the 8-speed found in the 300, Charger and Ram will also become an option. It will also be getting a sightly squarer front fasica and the 8.4 touchscreen.

boilermaker2 10-01-2012 07:52 PM

Yeah, I have read where there were doubts about the 8 speed and CRD, TOGETHER, being an option. Being a Libby CRD owner myself through the entire marriage, break-up and forced marriage of DCX (bought it new); I cannot imagine the 2WK guys being more orphaned than CRD Kj or WK owner.
Why am I skeptical about the 8p/CRD IMHO, we never saw the six-speed with KJ's stateside.

printingray 10-04-2012 09:15 AM

One of my friends bought a Grand Cherokee Laredo X package. The power steering blew due to hose failure and he was lucky that he was not on the highway.

UltimatE 10-04-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by printingray
One of my friends bought a Grand Cherokee Laredo X package. The power steering blew due to hose failure and he was lucky that he was not on the highway.

? ...

Loosing power steering is not a big deal, even on the highway.

Marauder_Pilot 10-04-2012 12:26 PM

It'd be even less of a problem on the highway, as power steering becomes more important at low speeds.

grego 10-06-2012 07:57 AM

power steering is mostly just a big deal if you need to parallel park in a tight spot.

funkduck 10-08-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grego (Post 14262564)
power steering is mostly just a big deal if you need to parallel park in a tight spot.

Or.. you know, if you happen to be handicapped and expect it to be there, then suddenly it's not. :thumbdown:

w1pf 10-08-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by printingray (Post 14254186)

ISTR there was a recall for that.

gunshw301 10-16-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkduck

Or.. you know, if you happen to be handicapped and expect it to be there, then suddenly it's not. :thumbdown:

My dad is handicapped.... Uses hand controls to drive. He was driving one day and expected all the tires to be there, but then one blew and suddenly it was not there. He did what anyone else would do and pulled to the side of the road.

I imagine though, that if it was a power steering line, then he would have; lost control, flipped over the median, off the bridge, and land upside down in the shallow river where he ultimately drown because he was unconscious from the sudden impact.

The time now is 12:34 PM.