GM/Chrysler Merger under discussion - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > GM/Chrysler Merger under discussion

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 10-25-2008, 06:26 AM   #46
snapsstary
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I would hope that GM would keep Jeep the way it is, but have a multi displacement engine as a factory option. As far as fuel mileage goes wouldn’t a smaller vehicle with a bigger engine get better MPG’s per gallon due to using less energy to move an object?

Both of the brands are struggling to stay afloat anyway. I’m not to sure that they would be able to pull it off with out cutting jobs and product lines what a shame.

snapsstary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #47
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinALink View Post
And like so many celebrities of yesteryear.... no one even noticed their passing...

though a few months back my neighbor told me she was going to buy a new Bravada. since she loved her old one so much

i explained to her it hadnt been made in almost six (2003 right?) years. she wouldnt belive me, and got very angry with me "disrespecting" the fine name of oldsmobile...

2 days later she had a brand new trailblazer in her driveway... she wont talk to me anymore....

so it all works out!
Only troll I see here is you. I love my YJ, I love my WJ before too many things died. I love my MK. I love m38a1, something that been a personal project of love towards the brand and being an American Icon. Only person being negative is you.

You have shown nothing but hate towards the MK. I was in NY not too long ago with my WJ before the 247 died out on me. You remind me of the 2 or 3 out of the 20 or so TJ/YJ owner that are so closed minded it makes you an ***. Since I was up in NY on business I was not tooling around with my outdoor gear (tires and misc spare parts ) I was driving a basic WJ Limited with nothing more then a 2inBB and my winch and tow straps. But I had just basic Goodyear Wrangler SRAs on it. I was told no way I would make the basic trail because WJ was not a real jeep. Guess who won that arugment at the end of the day. Some times it not about the Jeep but the driver. If not gone on business I probably would of drove my YJ up t here and not had there first smart *** remark. I dont mention often to people I own a YJ wrangler, why because too many people like you give them a bad name and people feel that they are elitist jerks.

You dont like the MK line fine, dont buy one but your constant ranting that somehow jeep is worst off because of the MK is just plain foolish.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #48
EdwinALink
1999 TJ Wrangler 

chrysler is worse off for it. not just jeep. they needed to TRY at least to compete with the market they were introducing it for.

dont compare a cherokee to a compass. EVERY cherokee (even the liberty) is an actual 4x4.(though how much of one is debateable)

and i could gladly accept a car-type jeep. but the caliber platform is really coarse and poorly thought out. it costs as much as vehicles that are much more refined and durable.

its transmission is loud (even for a CVT) and its engine idles rough. its plastics are fragile and low hanging. all its shortcomings, combined with a price thats more than its worth.

make it a bad choice to anyone that likes logic.

so yeah HATE is what i feel for that car. hate is also what i feel for the sebring. if its a bad car its a bad car. i dont care if its from my "favorite" company.

and on my troll comment, i was obviously teasing...

and i have no problem being a bit of a troll, if someone wants to educate us to their ignorance. fine. why dont you put your YJ on your avi?

not as awesome as your little car?
Unread 10-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #49
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

I guess why dont I put my m38 on there?

I put the jeep that I drive the most. Which is my daily driver MK.

It use to be my WJ. I drive my YJ 2 months out of the year. Often when I can leave the great flat state of FL and actually get on some trails where 4x4 is acutally useful.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #50
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

What if Cerberus isn’t selling Chrysler but buying GM?

http://www.allpar.com/weblogs/2008/1...but-buying-gm/

Check out http://www.allpar.com/ - right hand side on the top of the page. They have several articles on this "takeover".
SoCal_HEMIHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #51
nascarnation
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Wishful thinking from the Allpar boys.
Cerb desperately wants out of the vehicle business, which to their dismay was far more difficult to run than they imagined. Of course putting Home Depot dropout Nardelli in charge didn't help any.
They do know financing, and want the rest of GMAC.
GM may hand off the Dodge truck business to Nissan/Renault as part of the deal since they already have a hookup for the next gen Nissan "Titanic".
nascarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2008, 02:33 AM   #52
EdwinALink
1999 TJ Wrangler 

nissans not big on the subtlety, huh?!

TITAN...
or
ARMADA...

i guess its better than

POOREST SELLING fullsize PICK UP ON PLANET(it still has that honor, right)
or
COMICALLY LARGE VEHICLE FOR FAT--S AMERICANS WITH P---S ENVY
Unread 01-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #53
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to see our wranglers have Gm parts...... so nice!

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2009, 05:16 AM   #54
jnr0104
Old Jeep Guy

2008 JK Wrangler 

GM/Jeep, does that mean a wrangler unlimited x will cost $45,000.00 before tax,title, and license?
jnr0104 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.