Future Models - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Future Models

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 04-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
The J
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Future Models

What do you think the selling ( ) of Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge to another company will do to the line of Jeep products?

6-Speed Manual.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding...
The J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
badoosh27
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If it gets sold to GM, they will F it up like they did to Hummer. if it goes to ford, they will F it up like they did to Jaguar and to Land Rover. how bout we find a really rich jeep owner to buy it and keep it pure.

[url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634280[/url]
badoosh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
pfred
2005 TJ Wrangler 

acutally - I would dispute that Ford F'ed up Jaguar. Jaguar has been a struggling car company for some time. At the very least Jaguar benefited from Fords ability to make it run and drive without leaking oil or shorting out. Jaguar needs to be able to stand on its own, without ownership of a big car company. ...I will save the rest for the Jag forum...sorry...i am done.. I had to say it..
pfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Roughneck
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well, now it's a little later and Chrysler was sold. TO a non-car company no less. I hope they don't turn out to be corporate raiders. Plymouth & Oldsmobile are history, not for that reason. But, I think the future looks bleak.
Unread 05-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
Agent86
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J
What do you think the selling ( ) of Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge to another company will do to the line of Jeep products?
That's probably the same question that has been asked when Willys sold Jeep to Kaiser, then AMC. I remember all the negative attention surrounding the sale to Chrysler. At the time, Plymouth/Chrysler was making the "K' car...if that tells you anything! People were afraid the tough Jeep would go soft.

If Ford bought Jeep, wouldn't it be kind of fitting since they had an integral part of its birth? The Jeep brand is too valuable and popular to just be "raided" and dismantled. Oldsmobile just lost its connection with the mainstream public. Plymouth was absorbed into Chrysler because the cars became almost mirror images of each other.

I think Jeep would stand on its own. Break away from the "Big Car Company" umbrella...
2" RE BB, A to Z Rockers and Warn Engine Skid.

Black Jeep Club V 2.0 Member #80

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."
-Errol Flynn
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.