Fiat sees bigger future for Jeep + Jeep Mojave model - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Fiat sees bigger future for Jeep + Jeep Mojave model

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 11-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
new22003

Fiat sees bigger future for Jeep + Jeep Mojave model

Lots of jeep news today

Jeep Mojave: The Future Savior Of Chrysler? - Jeep Mojave - Jalopnik
The New New Chrysler Is The Old Jeep - Chrysler - Jalopnik

"As part of a new five-year business strategy it will unveil Wednesday, Chrysler is expected to spell out a plan to expand Jeep's sales dramatically, especially in overseas markets, people familiar with the matter said."

"Jeep is an export-viable product that could end up with significant sales...there are lots of countries where Jeeps are desirable vehicles, like Brazil."

new22003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wish this information was not so ambiguous.

Will NA get a diesel Wrangler? (When)Will the Wrangler get the pentastar V6?

What kind of refreshes will happen (JK/KK)?
I've never driven a KK Liberty, but it seems like a decent vehicle, despite the ugly interior. I think it's really cool that it has the retractable fabric roof option. If I was looking for a midsize vehicle that wasn't a 4 door JK, the KK's roof would be a big plus over the Xterra, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, or H3. However, the Xterra, FJ Cruiser, and H3 come with a stick shift, so that's a major plus for those vehicles. I guess what I'm saying is that the refreshed Liberty should have:
1. Better interior
2. Stickshift
3. Retractable fabric roof.

Good info here:
Live Blog: Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne presents 5-year business plan — Autoblog
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
new22003

Another version of the 5 year plan up a Jalopnik.

Chrysler's Complete Five-Year Product Plan - Chrysler - Jalopnik
new22003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Text from Allpar

"At Jeep, Grand Cherokee leads. Compass and Patriot are having new exteriors for 2010, Wrangler will “retain its rightful spot as the icon for this legendary brand.” Exterior styling will be modified and a dramatic new interior will be put in; a new powertrain will go in for 2011. 2011 is Jeep’s 70th anniversary and special editions will be made for each model. In 2013 Patriot, Compass, and Liberty will be replaced by vehicles “developed from Fiat platforms” which we are promised will still have the Jeep DNA — small SUV, C-size SUV, Liberty replacement.

Jeep is aiming to double its global sales from 2008 numbers, and its leader, Mike Manley, wants to take it “back to its rightful place of being the global SUV brand.” Jeep was apparently the largest SUV brand in the world through 1990 and today is #6 in the world. Their largest group of owners is “Dreamers,” time constrained by family and work, but wanting authentic gear for the time they’ll be able to “do more and dream less.” The new campaign is “i live. i ride. i am. Jeep.” (e.e. cummings joke goes here.) The plan is to re-establish the brand with a new look, feel, and attitude; renew the customer-brand connection with lifestyle engagement; and deliver a clear call to sales action.

Wrangler remains the anchor of the Jeep brand and will be refreshed in both 2010 and its 70th anniversary, 2011. There will be new derivatives and special models based on the Wrangler.

Jeep Liberty will move to a Fiat platform in 2013.

Diesels should be available on all the Jeeps in the US since they are all sold in Europe where vehicles generally must have diesel options. Whether they sell in the US is another question.

Core Jeep customers were truck-based, wanting capability and 4WD. Expanded SUV customers want unibody vehicles, fuel efficient, with on-road dynamics. The shift from truck to car based SUVs is growing. All Jeeps must have certain aspects; volume models have specific attributes in addition. (These attributes include the grille, short overhang, trapezoid wheel-arches, functional interior, open-air concepts, visibility, durable materails, handling in bad weather, advanced four wheel drive, towing capacity, and a variety of specific off-road capabilities.)"
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.