Diesel in a Wrangler? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Diesel in a Wrangler?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #31
JeepDen

I hope so too. I just looked at teh Jeep page for France through Google Translate and indeed see the specs. Here they are as the translations presented them:

"The new turbo diesel common-rail 2.8-liter (Euro V) to filter particles from the New Wrangler develops 200 bhp DIN, with a torque of 410 Nm (BVM) - 460 Nm (BVA). It is associated with a manual 6-speed on all finishes and has the Stop & Start system. A new sequential automatic transmission 5 speed is optional on Sahara and Rubicon finishes. The new engine offers all the power and all the torque needed to drive all-new engine allows terrain.Ce New Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited to benefit from a reduction in CO2 emissions and lower fuel consumption (by example: consumption combined (l/100km) Wrangler 2.8 CRD FAP manual gearbox: 8.1)".

Unread 02-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Note the 2.8 is being replaced by the new 3.0 VM diesel, for full info on this turbo diesel that gets 28 mpg in the GC and 407 lbs torque at 1800 to 2800 rpm, at 4000 rpm it produces 241 HP. go to http://www.greencarcongress.com look under other resent items for Jeep GRAND CHEROKEE to offer new 3.0 turbo diesel. It should come to the states by 013
after it certified , but only if customers want it, would buy a Jeep JK diesel if its fuel cost $5.80 per gal?
Note : VM Motori is now jointly owned by GM and FIAT.
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #33
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDen View Post
I hope so too. I just looked at teh Jeep page for France through Google Translate and indeed see the specs. Here they are as the translations presented them:

"The new turbo diesel common-rail 2.8-liter (Euro V) to filter particles from the New Wrangler develops 200 bhp DIN, with a torque of 410 Nm (BVM) - 460 Nm (BVA). It is associated with a manual 6-speed on all finishes and has the Stop & Start system. A new sequential automatic transmission 5 speed is optional on Sahara and Rubicon finishes. The new engine offers all the power and all the torque needed to drive all-new engine allows terrain.Ce New Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited to benefit from a reduction in CO2 emissions and lower fuel consumption (by example: consumption combined (l/100km) Wrangler 2.8 CRD FAP manual gearbox: 8.1)".
Note: the 2.8 is not a new engine, and is being replace by the new 3.0L Motori /fiat/GM turbo V6 diesel.
Note: Motori is now owned 50/50 by GM and Fiat.
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #34
DieselDreamer
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by preniantia View Post
Here in France, the 2.8VM diesel is the common motor in the Wrangler (fuel consumption is better), the V6 model is much more expensive (and higher consumption ) and could only be buy in JEEP dealer on special purchase order . Generally in Europe (except Switzerland) price of gasoline (for V6) is also more expensive than fuel due to the fact that nearly European trucks have diesel. More the torque is much better in the diesel than in V6.
But in 2014 all European Diesel in new cars must be much cleaner (specially regarding Nox) i think we will have similar emissions as in US therefore JEEP will have to put a much cleaner Diesel in JEEP models or a much better V6 ( lower consumption).
I assume that FIAT will put in JEEP a cleaner Diesel in this case they will certainly be able to pass also American emissions . I hope it will be a reliable diesel .
Exactly! I knew that diesels in Europe would level out to the North American standard. They have the same fuel its only a matter of time before they retool over there and makes diesels with the same emission standards. Ether way, I do see a diesel Jeep or two with in the next three to five years. No one better to do it then a joint Euro-American company. We have the tools and the talent, now we need to know the time in which it will be done.

Erik
DieselDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #35
DieselDreamer
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
Note: the 2.8 is not a new engine, and is being replace by the new 3.0L Motori /fiat/GM turbo V6 diesel.
Note: Motori is now owned 50/50 by GM and Fiat.
Penksi has no stake in them anymore?
DieselDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #36
preniantia
2005 KJ Liberty 

Remark: in europe the Wrangler has still the 2.8 turbo diesel.
Jeep will put the 3.0l during 2011 only in Grand Cherokee.
preniantia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #37
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

We will have the 3.0 diesel by 013, if we have a demand with its fuel at $ 5.00 or more?
Unread 03-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #38
JeepDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by preniantia View Post
Remark: in europe the Wrangler has still the 2.8 turbo diesel.
Jeep will put the 3.0l during 2011 only in Grand Cherokee.
Yes, I quoted the official Jeep page, so I think (or hope) they would have their info straight on which engine was in their line..
Unread 03-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #39
JeepDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
We will have the 3.0 diesel by 013, if we have a demand with its fuel at $ 5.00 or more?
As long as gasoline prices move in tandem with diesel as it has historically, it should remain all relative.
Unread 03-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #40
Lucky313
1995 YJ Wrangler 

if i ever get rid of my 4 banger i'm putting in a cummins 4bt. it's a 4 cyl turbo diesel

Demain N'est Jamais Promis

- Lucky13 -

Quoted from [URL="http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/PointBlank7"]PointBlank7[/URL]: "[COLOR="Blue"]When I die I hope my wife doesnt sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them[/COLOR]"

[QUOTE=XJAbuzer;11034098]My girlfriend asked me how fast it would go. I replied with "Not fast enough......to get it to the junkyard."[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Joe203;11119376]You know you own a YJ when nothing goes as planned.:D[/QUOTE]
Lucky313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #41
rosco1

ya, but they shake like a motherfocker tho. but therese the legendary c.r. ones too, but not as available yet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.