Diesel possibly in the works! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Diesel possibly in the works!

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #16
jeepmaia
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hi,
in France it is imported into 2.8 l CRD, 4 cylinder inline, 177 hp 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic box.
torque (BVM) 410 nm 2000.2600 rpm, torque (BA) 460 nm at 2000 rpm, power direct injection common rail, command track nv 421 GII or rock track nv 421 GOLD, DANA 44.

This is a great machine with a couple huge, with a consumption of 9.9 liters ..!!!! I hope the U.S. Jeep sell your home.

jeepmaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #17
harald-hans
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hi,

a Wrangler with a CRD ? No problem - here in Europe you can buy this by every Chrysler dealer.

It is powered by a brand new designed engine from VM !

Mileage ?

First off all it depends on the model (Sport, Sahara or Rubicon) and than if you drive a manual shifter or an automatic transmission.

In the ideal case you can drive with the Sport-Version and with manual shifter round about 29.4 mpg !

With my Rubicon and the automatic transmission I normally drive between 20.5 and 23.5 mpg.

After changing the tires to an more agressive profile, removing the "air dam", lifting the car with 3´5, mounting the winch in the front and so on the mpg goes to 19.6 !

But never forget - we are in Germany and this means we have nice streets called "Autobahn", and in many parts of the Autobahn we have NO SPEED LIMIT - driving as fast as you can !!!

With my rubicon and the Cooper STT mounted on it there is no problem to drive 100 mph on the Autobahn !

So if you driving like in the US I think the mpg will be much more better

Greetings from Germany

harald-hans

Yellow RubiKong - Frontside / Yellow RubiKong - Backside
harald-hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #18
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The 2008 rumors indicated that Chrysler was planed to use the 2.8 VM Motri Diesel in the 2010 Wrangler. But at that time ,the 2.8 motri diesel was only legal in only 48 states. Do the members know if this VM diesel is now legal in all 50 states? IF not then the new Diesel most likely will come from Fiat, when it comes here to the USA. At this time rumors only indicated that Chrysler is tooling up for the new Phoenix v6 engines and parts to mate it with a Benz transmission for a un-know jeep. models

Up date, rumors : Jeep also testing new type Mercedes 3.0 diesel in wranglers

Last edited by slow2run; 03-23-2009 at 12:19 PM..
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #19
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

go4x4it has posted info on wranglers with 3.0 diesels ,their being tested in the Reno NV area .Some think this is a new model of the Mercedes 3.0 urea injection diesel engine?

Last edited by slow2run; 03-26-2009 at 12:54 PM..
Unread 03-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #20
crush33

no diesels for US

The VM Motori 2.8L has been offered in various Jeep products for the export market for many years. Chrysler is not spending the money to emissionize these products for the US. The 3.0L Mercedes engine will continue to be offered in the future Grand Cherokee but for export only. Again they are not going to spend the money to develop a US version.
crush33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #21
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mercedes has E 320 diesel 3.0 ,thats emissions legal for all 50 states and a new 4 cylinder thats also legal ,For more info Mercedes diesels go tohttp://whnet.com/4x4/diesel.html

I don't know How if any ,that this above info has anything to with the jeep wrangler , but Mercedes owens 20% of Chrysler so they could have a modified 3.0 diesel read to go into the wrangler, the story from Reno NV said that Chrysler was testing 3.0 diesels in wranglers with very good results ,and it was Benz diesels ,also from allpar.com Chrysler's is manufacturing parts to mate a benz trains to a unknown engine. I was hoping to get the Fiat sofim 3.0 diesel in my 2010 wrangler! And Not ad-blue.

Last edited by slow2run; 03-28-2009 at 11:32 PM..
Unread 03-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #22
crush33

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
Mercedes has E 320 diesel 3.0 ,thats emissions legal for all 50 states and a new 4 cylinder thats also legal ,For more info Mercedes diesels go tohttp://whnet.com/4x4/diesel.html

I don't know How if any ,that this above info has anything to with the jeep wrangler , but Mercedes owens 20% of Chrysler so they could have a modified 3.0 diesel read to go into the wrangler, the story from Reno NV said that Chrysler was testing 3.0 diesels in wranglers with very good results ,and it was Benz diesels ,also from allpar.com Chrysler's is manufacturing parts to mate a benz trains to a unknown engine. I was hoping to get the Fiat sofim 3.0 diesel in my 2010 wrangler! And Not ad-blue.
> The 3.0L in the E, R, G, and M-Classes available in the US is not new news...MB has chosen to spend the investment to certify these vehicles for the US market. To be 50-state legal they will all require urea SCR ("ad-Blue"). Its not the engine thats certified, its the complete vehicle along with its calibration. Keep in mind these are all $50K+ vehicles

> Daimler still owns 19% but are looking to dump that share as soon as the right buyer comes along. There is no motivation to do any joint projects on either side.

> Chrysler may have been testing Wranglers w/ 3.0L's out west but that doesn't mean they're automatically going to show up in a US showroom. Jeeps including those for export are all engineered in the US and this includes hot testing in the southwest.

> The tie-up with Fiat will not automatically mean a changeover to all Fiat diesels across the Chrysler product line. And such a changeover takes time to engineer the new powertrains into the vehicles. No way you could have a Fiat diesel in a Jeep in 2010 MY...2-3 years minimum to make such a changeover. And any diesel vehicle the size of a Jeep will require "ad-Blue"...sorry.
crush33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #23
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well crush I hope your wrong ,I sure wanted a Fiat sofim 3.0 diesel in my new wrangler or a Cummings in a mid-sizes jeep truck. With the new CAFA standers coming 2011 Chrysler/Jeep needs to move fast to have wranglers getting 24.1 mpg by Oct. 2010 (model year 2011)

PS: Just don't want a Ad-blue Diesel in my Jeep! I'm on my third Cummings diesel now, and its the best you can get. and a 4.0 in my YJ.
Unread 03-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #24
LostJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

damn i think we better wait to see what happens to Jeep before praying to the Jeep gods for a Diesel. There might not be a Wrangler to put it in,
LostJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #25
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Lostjeeper ;I sure hear you. But the Fiat 20% partnership with Chrysler and the new $6 billion lone from the taxpayers that accrues after this fiat alliance
doesn't work, then Chrysler/jeep/dodge goes into a planed bankruptcy! That could lead to a new Chrysler. The Chrysler name is sure to be droped for a new company name( Maybe Jeep Dodge, I don't know,but No more Chrysler ,Thats for sure! The bottom line is that Jeep will be here as always. no matter who owes the brand.
Unread 03-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #26
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Lostjeeper ;I sure hear you,but the Fiat 20% partnership with Chrysler and the new $6 billion lone from the taxpayers that accrues after this fiat alliance.
If this lone doesn't work, then Chrysler/jeep/dodge goes into a planed bankruptcy! That could lead to a new Chrysler. The Chrysler name is sure to be drooped for a new company name( Maybe Jeep Dodge, I don't know,but No more Chrysler ,Thats for sure! The bottom line is that Jeep will be here as always. no matter who owes the brand.
Unread 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #27
Oregun
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
Lostjeeper ;I sure hear you,but the Fiat 20% partnership with Chrysler and the new $6 billion lone from the taxpayers that accrues after this fiat alliance.
If this lone doesn't work, then Chrysler/jeep/dodge goes into a planed bankruptcy! That could lead to a new Chrysler. The Chrysler name is sure to be drooped for a new company name( Maybe Jeep Dodge, I don't know,but No more Chrysler ,Thats for sure! The bottom line is that Jeep will be here as always. no matter who owes the brand.
Yup, even if Chrysler is gone Jeep will remain. The Jeeps are big money makers for Chrysler, Jeep is here to stay. I'm not worried about that, my only concern is how long am I going to have to wait to get a Wrangler w/ a diesel in Oregon.
Oregun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #28
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harald-hans View Post
Hi,

a Wrangler with a CRD ? No problem - here in Europe you can buy this by every Chrysler dealer.

It is powered by a brand new designed engine from VM !

Mileage ?

First off all it depends on the model (Sport, Sahara or Rubicon) and than if you drive a manual shifter or an automatic transmission.

In the ideal case you can drive with the Sport-Version and with manual shifter round about 29.4 mpg !

With my Rubicon and the automatic transmission I normally drive between 20.5 and 23.5 mpg.

After changing the tires to an more agressive profile, removing the "air dam", lifting the car with 3´5, mounting the winch in the front and so on the mpg goes to 19.6 !

But never forget - we are in Germany and this means we have nice streets called "Autobahn", and in many parts of the Autobahn we have NO SPEED LIMIT - driving as fast as you can !!!

With my rubicon and the Cooper STT mounted on it there is no problem to drive 100 mph on the Autobahn !

So if you driving like in the US I think the mpg will be much more better

Greetings from Germany

harald-hans
I'm so damn jealous. If they sold a JK 4-door Rubicon CRD 5/6-speed that got 21-24mpg @ 100mph in the USA, i'd have one right now. In case you were wondering...460 N-m is 340 ft-lbs @ 2000rpms!!!!! I would slap a chip on that thing and drive on veggie oil.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.