Combined 2014 Cherokee Thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Combined 2014 Cherokee Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 02-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #121
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Isnt there talk of a steel roof wrangler being available after the redesign? As a truer xj replacement?

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #122
daveWK42
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler_spot View Post
Guaranteed to make me keep my TJ. I was waiting to see the new Liberty. After seeing this all I can say is the designer has all his taste in his mouth.
guaranteed to make me keep my WK. really disappointed in this "cherokee". i grew up riding in the backseat of an '88 XJ & only went w/ the WK b/c i wanted something low mileage & i couldn't find an XJ that fit the bill.

hers: 2013 patriot sport
his: 2008 grand cherokee laredo
daveWK42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #123
maddogskibum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Guess I expected the new models to be a bit more yuppie-fied ... but, I think Jeep has really lost touch with their heritage with the 2014 designs. Definitely boulevard queen designs to try to bring the Jeep brand design inline with the other brands. IMHO, the new designs will REALLY hurt Jeep sales and is definitely off the list for replacing out 2007 Commander (which I had been considering). I hate to say it but guess it's time to look elsewhere.
maddogskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #124
Wayne Harropson

Looks like the hood doesn't fit.
Wayne Harropson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #125
93zjer
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota View Post
. . . my 99 grand Cherokee . . . off roads just as good as a wrangler can. .
What the hell are you talking about? Approach and departure angles. wheelbase, ground clearance, weight, on trail serviceability, power to weight ratio. locking diffs!
93zjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #126
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was hopeful for this Chrysler/Fiat merger, but it looks like they got this one really wrong. Fiat (owner of Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Ferrari, Maserati, etc.) like all Italian companies is known for beautiful designs full of passion and soul. How can this thing come from a company with Italian influence? Maybe I shouldn't be surprised considering how weird the new Ferrari F12 looks.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #127
CherokeeJeeper

It looks like a strange Pontiac Aztec crossed with a Grand Cherokee. Really strange looking. Is this the direction all car makers are taking? I can understand a solid market of Mall Crawlers and Kiddie Haulers but this is ridiculous. For Jeep there should be a few models that exemplify their fan base and enthusiasm. Cherokee and the Wrangler. If this garbage is capable of offroading I'd love to see what would happen if you knicked a rock ledge or flexed the front end. That thing looks like they just dipped a mold in fiberglass and called it a day. It just looks cheap. All the Jeep design team has to do is Google: "New Cherokee?" and they could have sifted through a thousand different opinions from loyal Cherokee owners voicing his/her own opinions on what the next step should be. Instead we end up with a steroid juiced Fiat XUV. And from what I've read the Wagoneer is next.

The new Land Rovers are $80K. The body styling works for me and somehow modernizes the "boxed" design. Although Land Rover has been notorious for mechanical flaws, I think they nailed the look. Its offroad capable and accessible to both male and female. Unfortunately, a car payment shouldn't equate to another Mortgage payment every month. They're ridiculously expensive.

I'm not saying that we should be living in the past with older body designs but they cancelled the Jetsons a long time ago. This 10 year gap of bubble SUV's has got to go already. Jeep seems to be ignoring their customers and trying to innovate when the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler already dominate the Market. Why not make the Commander worth a damn and actually take the time to refine it? Why not have a few base model Wranglers that are a bit more offroad ready in lieu of spending heaps of extra cash - dealer upfitting a vehicle.

I agree with allot of the comments posted on JeepForum, Cherokeetalk and Cherokeeforum, the Jeep Cherokee was a great compromise for on and offroad capabilities, the aftermarket is good enough as to where you can tinker with it and not break the bank. This new Liberty/Cherokee or whatever they decide to coin it doesn't look like anything special. I can't see myself in 20-40 years with my kids/grand kids restoring and or appreciating anything remotely close to this
CherokeeJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #128
bradywgn71
2002 WJ 

Unread 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #129
JeepKeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I will never get rid of my classic Cherokee or my Wrangler....looks like a bastard spawn of a Subaru and Nissan...gross!
JeepKeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #130
Dafish

Do away with the chrome ring on the bottom opening and it wouod not look to bad. Think for a cuv it has plenty of clearance
Dafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #131
flexyxj
2009 XK Commander 

At first,I didn't like the looks of it at all. Now, after looking at some more pics online, it's growing on me. It might be something to consider for replacing the wife's '02 KJ. I kinda like the pics of the white one in one of the previous posts and I'd like to "kick the tires" and look at one in person......
flexyxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #132
BadHammers
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradywgn71 View Post

Exactly. Aztec fugly.
Jeeps past 01 XJ, 08 JK, 11 KK
BadHammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #133
iluvmyjeep

I got the 2012 Liberty because I like the boxy style. The new Cherokee, yuck, yuck, yuck! I guess after I give my liberty to my son in 4 years, I will get a Wrangler Unlimited, they still better look the same, no curves
iluvmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #134
MrJeepR44
2011 MK Patriot 

3.2 L V6 plus 9 Speed auto, and the press release is claiming 45% better MPG, plus Allpar shows a patent on a front wheel drive based 2 Speed transfercase. This spells 28 MPG and a true low range..... and to top that the interior looks AMAZING... it rivals the new Grand Cherokee. If I could only get used to the nose...
[IMG]http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee490/mrbrandonscott/My%20Jeep/OffRoad2/Avatar-1.jpg[/IMG] [URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/mrJeepr44/patriot][IMG]http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/62663.png[/IMG][/URL]

Mods: [B]K&N Filter, Draw-tite Class III Hitch, Mopar Driving Lights, Yokohoma Geolander A/T-S 225/65R17, STU's coils[/B]
MrJeepR44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #135
flexyxj
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJeepR44 View Post
3.2 L V6 plus 9 Speed auto, and the press release is claiming 45% better MPG, plus Allpar shows a patent on a front wheel drive based 2 Speed transfercase. This spells 28 MPG and a true low range..... and to top that the interior looks AMAZING... it rivals the new Grand Cherokee. If I could only get used to the nose...
Exactly....
flexyxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.