Combined 2014 Cherokee Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Combined 2014 Cherokee Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #106
funkduck
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmill89 View Post
But you still get the drawbacks of a transverse mount FWD setup including: weaker components, ........ capacity, generally more difficult to access/work on, CV joints to fail, etc.
My WJ has weak components that keep breaking, and it has CV joints which have failed.

Unread 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #107
funkduck
2002 WJ 

I kinda like the Juke, I'd shop one pretty hard if I was in the market for a little runabout car.

What's up with the tweet "“@jalopnik scoop re @jeep. Photos not the vehicle to be revealed in NY. See u at #2013NYAS"
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #108
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm hoping the spy photos with the tow hooks and the fact that it looks like you could take off more bumper was the trail rated version
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #109
PeterW
2003 KJ Liberty 

Wonder where pricing will be.....
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #110
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Now, I realize there are no badges, or license plate, but this looks really blank. It looks like something is missing. To paraphrase Jeremy Clarkson (I forget what he was referring to) it looks like the designer lost the will to live, died, and the design was never finished.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #111
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenskis View Post

Now, I realize there are no badges, or license plate, but this looks really blank. It looks like something is missing. To paraphrase Jeremy Clarkson (I forget what he was referring to) it looks like the designer lost the will to live, died, and the design was never finished.

Where the heck is the handle for that back door?

I note that even on the "official" pics of that dark blue one, I can spot no name badges other than "Jeep". Wonder if that means anything.

Looked at the pics on Jalopnik again, and that last one is intriguing. It shows the gear shift area with a round knob and the legend below reads (if I make it out correctly):

AUTO
SNOW
SPORT
SAND/MUD
ROCK

Is that like any other current or past Jeep?

Unread 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #112
Necros

The look is kinda growing on me.. still don't get the split up headlight thing.. what's the top ones? turn signals?

Just was looking at the article again.. in this pic..

The one on the far left looks fatter, taller, bigger in general.. Is that just a screwed up photo that got stretched on the ends? or is it gonna be the big one is the Chrokee and the smaller one is the Spirit?
Necros is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #113
1BADCJ8
1982 CJ8 

I like it as well. In Nov 2012 we went to Phoenix for the NASCAR race and rented a 2013 Ford Escape. It was a smooth running quick and sporty ride that we liked. This looks similar only a bit bigger and I'm betting it will ride and drive excellently. Will it be the wheeler that the XJ was, I agree that it doesn't look like it but we've thought that plenty of times before with "New" Jeep rides. I'm sure it will be priced waaaay out of any range I could afford but I do like it and would absolutely own one if I could.

If it was possible to even get this dude up on 33's it would be very cool!
Unread 02-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #114
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post

Looked at the pics on Jalopnik again, and that last one is intriguing. It shows the gear shift area with a round knob and the legend below reads (if I make it out correctly):

AUTO
SNOW
SPORT
SAND/MUD
ROCK

Is that like any other current or past Jeep?
Thats the select terrain found in the WK2 since 2011.
Unread 02-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #115
LouC
2007 WK 

I hate it. The KK Liberty looked like a Jeep, that looks like the sea of Japanese/Korean wanna be SUVs that I would never ever consider buying. I bet they re-do the front end in a short amount of time. Didn't they learn from the fright wig ugly first gen Compass, which they finally restyled and looks pretty good now?
I can't imagine that they showed that to focus groups and they thought it looked good. Send em all to an OPTOMETRIST....and smack em upside the head with a 9/16th open end wrench to knock some sense into em.....
Unread 02-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #116
Sandhara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

those awful headlights make it look like its squinting to see something

Im sorry, some times i drink and post stupid comments.
Sandhara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #117
funkduck
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADCJ8 View Post

If it was possible to even get this dude up on 33's it would be very cool!
If it came from the factory with 33's it would be cool. But it doesn't, you can't, and it isn't.
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #118
LouC
2007 WK 

33s, you can't even get a Grand up on 33s without major work, those things, the most you will be able to do with these new "Cherokees" is air down the tires and drive on the beach. I bet that our 15 year old Subaru Outback has as good or better 4x4 system.

Now I remember when the 84 downsized Cherokee as they called it then came out, howls of rage, unibody, 4 cyl engine, aluminum chain drive transfer case, etc. It turned out to be one of Jeeps longest lived and most successful designs. I just don't see where the new model fits in. They have the Grand, they have the Wrangler and the Compass/Patriot are the cute utes. Why did the new
Cherokee have to fit that category? They should have improved the 2 cute utes, and then, taken the Wrangler frame and running gear, and designed a vintage looking Cherokee body for it. Presto chango, all your basic engineering is done, you bring back a classic shape, with manual transfer cases and live axles thank you very much. A more basic alternative to the Grand, with proven running gear, different looking than the Wrangler would have sold just fine. This thing, will be restyled before long you can be sure. Will it sell, I see maybe it will take sales from the Compass/Patriot, but why will people buy this, instead of a Rav4, CRV, etc?
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #119
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just Everyone Else's Product is the direction they are headed by the looks of it to me.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
hesterj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #120
Wrangler_spot
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Guaranteed to make me keep my TJ. I was waiting to see the new Liberty. After seeing this all I can say is the designer has all his taste in his mouth.
Wrangler_spot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.